1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    I understand the phenomenon yet feel sad about this.

For most of the people in India, buying a car is more dependent on the other factors than the car itself.
    We are so indulged in the dealership experience (Paani nahi pilaya, SE was an idiot) that we tend to forget that its the car that will remain with us for 8-10 years and we would not be visiting the showroom or the service centre everyday but of course we would be driving almost everyday! And technically Maruti cars can never come close to FIAT.

Few days back I sat in the swift of my friend and it started raining. The noise that was made due the falling water on the roof of the swift did not only scare me but also made me realize (yet again) how superior my Punto is. I would never trade my fiat for any maruti.

Honestly, a Maruti is perhaps the best car to BUY (service, sales experience, number of dealerships etc) but a FIAT is most definitely a better CAR technically out of the two!

Just my 2 cents.

PS --> MODS please delete the my post above this one.
    prabhjot and cassini like this.
  2. Bharath Balasubramanian

Bharath Balasubramanian Timido

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    my point being the definition of trees and woods are different for different people. These are based on priorities and perceptions. The perceptions are shaped by experiences which is what happened in the case of the gentleman at Fiat and then at Nexa.

Revv and prabhjot like this.
  3. cassini

cassini Novizio

Bangalore
    Germany
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Back when I was in lookout for a premium hatchback, I got the worst experience from one of the major Maruti dealers in Bangalore and the best from KHT Fiat. These things are anecdotal IMO, and final decisions should be based on the actual car and not on the attitude of a bad representative at a car dealership. We (my family) were so overwhelmed by our car-buying experience @ Popular Motors when we booked SX4 6-7 years ago. And now, we are stuck with a mediocre product which nobody likes. But hey, its your decision and I respect that. Hope you'll have a great time with Ciaz :)

> And I don't think Fiat will sell more than what they are selling now how so ever hard they try

If that turns out to be true, Indian car buyers will be biggest losers, not companies like Fiat, VW or Skoda. We need a more equal car market, one in which the no.1 manufacturer's market-share do not exceed 25%. Otherwise, once the growth cycle tapers off, global manufacturers will have zero interest in our market. And we will be stuck with tin-boxes yet again.
    Revv, bharath, prabhjot and 1 other person like this.
  4. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    This happened with me too, when I was driving my friend's swift. i was surprised with the amount of sound the rain made, for a moment I was wondering whether it was raining hailstones.
    Ichimaru likes this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot. I agree on the economics. You completely missed the point I was making. Let me reiterate it again.

"Why should I as a customer bother how the economics is working out for the dealer. All I expect is easy accessibility, affordable spares and easy maintenance". I don't care if the economics don't work for a dealer, but meeting the 3 aspects is the relevant thing for me.

Say would you pay double the amount of your bill, because the dealers' economics are a tangle? I bet No. There lies the answer.
    Revv, bharath, prabhjot and 2 others like this.
  6. Bharath Balasubramanian

Bharath Balasubramanian Timido

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Some of the opinions mentioned here are strange and amusing. The player cannot be bigger than the game and there is no need to simply accept what Fiat or anyone throws at us. We have a right to demand and demand we should.

The market penalizes you when you are not able to deliver and that is exactly what has happened with Fiat. They just did not care a year back and so they got the same thing in return. A couple of brands facing a similar problem.

All I care is that Fiat should pull their socks and show desperation for us not the other way around. Even Fiat may be amused at the unflinching loyalty seen here.

Regards
    vista7155 and bharath like this.
  7. nirupan

nirupan Novizio

Pune
    One of My friend has mentioned, he has approached to Sky Moto but they asked to go to Jay Vijay.
    Is Sky Moto is also pulling down shutter for Fiat after Pandit Auto ?
    Then it is definitely Bag pack for Fiat from India in Car segment. Fiat will be only Engine Makers.
    :shame::shame::shame:
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Bharath Balasubramanian

An agreeable statement from you.

However, consider this. Here in Delhi-Gurgaon, just as one example, they HAVE indeed improved massively since the TATA dealership days, even the poorer ASS centres here, and there are as many as 6 (or is that 7?) 3 of them are pretty consistently good, excellent even depending on the occasion and the criteria, as far as I can make out. Here too dealers from SKODA, VW, Nissan, Chevy, Renault and even at least Ford's Gurgaon one are in as great or it seems greater wars, quality-satisfaction-PERCEPTION-wise and/or financially.

BUT: that is what 'economies of scale' means as an advantage for the biggest firms (2-4 Japanese and korean ones). It becomes easier and easier to out-sell and out-service the competition the already-bigger and already-successful you are: scale economies. Especially for real estate, technicians and spares inventory.

SO: how desperate can we expect say a FIAT or a SKODA or a Nissan or indeed TATA to be in such a marketplace not-for-cars-but-for-putative-ASS-quality-perception-satisfaction?

When they already are amply decent-enough, though still no doubt improve-able in many affordable and practical ways, but IF the battle-of-brand-perception/trust and ultimately the vast majority of purchase-decisions is going to be fought on size of parking lots, and cavernous-ness of worksheds, and fixed-appointment-adherence etc, and why's there no ASS centre within 15 minutes drive of my place, and why the SA is not well-mannered/flattering enough......?
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  9. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Can someone please explain what "Auto Journalists" mean by rubbery shift? I was reading a review of Punto Abarth by some "Auto Journalist" (yes journalists and not auto experts), on TBHP via some Autocar video -- everything looks fine but gear shift is rubbery. The roar is not throaty is another comment from same "Auto Journalist" but this should be addressable by aftermarket add on/mod.

Punto Abarth clocked under 10 s for 0-100, but now everyone blames the gear box, "rubbery" gear shift for not being able to clock under 9s because of loss of few milliseconds between the shifts. This is really funny. I think "Journalists" are looking for too much when it comes to Fiat machines. One complains about gearbox, rubbery shift and the usual copy-paste rant starts. Most of the reviews are really laughable.

I switch between T-Jet and Figo very often and sometimes M800.
    I don't find any issues in gear shift and I am at ease in both cars. At 50+ I still love racing on highways, specially if anyone honks or starts showing desperation to overtake, and have raced with Figo against MJD (on NH3 -- Figo runs out of breath after 140) and T-Jet against Fortuner (Indore Khandwa section in night) and if gear shift problems were as much as the"rant sounding" reviews are, racing in a T-Jet against Fortuner in night would be that easy, where it wan't allowed to overtake for quite a distance -- around 15-20 min, until family members started shouting on me ;)

TBH, only issue I had in T-Jet was finding a correct and comfortable seating position at 5'8" and took quite a time to get accustomed to it. My only wish -- No Dead Pedals, as foot-well is too cramped. Wonder if it can be removed somehow.
  10. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Sky Motto is supposed to shut down is what I heard. Also Jay-Vijay is expanding rapidly. They doubled their strength of SA's. Most of them are from Pandit Auto. This is a good news.
    rusticnomad and prabhjot like this.