1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @Vidhyashankar Kannan

agree with you ....only Punto is maintaining consistent sales of 500 to 1000 per month for the last 2 years or so whatever new the competition has thrown in.

Lets see whether abarth punto tjet can bring a change to those number, at least 1000 above.........
  2. Syed Ilyas

Syed Ilyas Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat works like indian govt. pocket full of salary and tummy full of food, why would they worry about common man (Fiat fans).
    The downfall of fiat is not blamed on market but by fiat itself. if you watch carefully they take years to launch new products. Bravo was due this year, but we dont hear about it at all.

Renault no one was ready to buy when it launched, see now everyone wants a piece of it.

Fiat is in india form half a century but still doesnt know what the indians want.
    i rode and grew up in premier padmini and own a punto, and feel ashamed that people done look at the car and saw wow, because i cant stop saying that whenever i see it. i bought this as second hand almost 2 years ago but still happpy. but parts and accesories are not available freely in market.

Fiat, if you close your factory doors this time i am sure you wouldnt be able to open again as the last remaining fans would also bail out on you. and it would be only your fault
    vista7155 likes this.
  3. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
  4. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Fiat is only fit to sell the engines no where they are showing the qualities of comitted car company for our market.
    They took almost 8 months to launch the T-Jet punto(still not launched) inspite of having Frame,Engine and other parts ready in the kit.
    If fiat is responding this kind of attitude in launching the product then how the sales will improve.
    Coming to the service they are just pathetic after having least number of cars sold and still requires 2 full days for normal service on which planet we can call this as good service and compare to other companies service?
    If they are going to continue same level of service for Abarth cars then god save them from further dwindling down in the sales numbers.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Syed Ilyas

The Linea and Punto strong-fecelifts-and-improvements are 'new launches'.

The Avventura IS a 'new launch'.

They NEVER said the Bravo was to be launched here, why would they? There is no such segment extant in India (VW Golf, Fiat Bravo, Ford Focus....)

The Abarth595 is an all-new launch, and is available in 5 cities.

The Abarth Punto (and Avventura) is upcoming within the month.

Chevy has had several new launches in the past 2-3 years: their sales have ONLY gone down. Nissan and Renault have had several new launches: they're ALL failures, that lose money. The Duster only sold out of first-mover adavntage: it is now sunk in sales, given the new competition from the dada-s of the marketplace, Maruti and Hyundai. The Lodgy is still-born....

Fiat is slow? How so? How long before VW replaces the Polo and the Vento? Guess what....2017! How long before the mighty Toyota launches all-new 'suv'-s and a sedan+hatch for the mass market.....end 2016, at the earliest, and the awful-at-launch Etios twins have been in the (cab!) market for years already.....

This market is twisted, it's as simple as that: you could offer the Punto, Avventura, and Linea at 5 lakh rupees, and they will still sell not even 10% of the equivalent, which is to say vastly inferiror, Maruti, Hyundai or Honda priced say at 8 to 13 lakhs.

It will takes another few years, at least, 2018 perhaps, before FIAT sales really have any chance of booming in India: for now the products are class-leading but the brand is weak in terms-of-trust, they will probably have to come up with equally good all-new products (which they WILL in 2017) but hopefully by-then the brand will be in a healthier state-in-the-bazaar. Launching an all-new product any sooner will be to lose hundreds of crores straight away (like Renault have just done with the Lodgy launch).

But yes, brand-trust-building activities are just not enough on FIAT's part in India. Hopefully that will see a change under the new MD, Kevin Lynch: the signs are there. We'll know when the promised big ad campaign launches on festive-season-eve, soon.

Frankly, the wider-car-buying-audience may be well-beyond even caring to pay any attention whatsoever, irrespective of the quantity and quality of brand-trust-and-attraction-building/marketing, though?

Who knows, they may decide in the longer-run to ditch the mass-market altogether, and go premium with say JEEPs, Abarth-s, exports, Alfa, Maserati?

Or to merge-with/takeover Suzuki, globally? or some such.

After all NObody does anything other than lose money in the Indian mass market (not counting exports), other than maruti, hyundai and Mahindra. From Ford to Honda and even Toyota to VW to Renault, and Tata and Chevy and Nissan too.
  6. Bharath Balasubramanian

Bharath Balasubramanian Timido

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Well, the commerce of the car industry may be baffling and not so bright... but outside of this Fiat did not seem to be attracting too much attention not too long ago. They have really started making news since the change of guard. Polo and Vento are being refreshed in some form every year. Renault is coming out with Kwid that could redefine the game in that segment. Toyota has confirmed newer engines for their next gen Innovas. I don't know if this has any basis but read somewhere that Fiat thought that 1.3 is just about enough for India.That does not show respect for the market here. Also what seems to be stopping them from launching auto trannys? It is still early days for this tech in India so maybe Fiat can try to have the first mover(s) advantage.

I know the fans are loyal but the questions are equally pertinent. Fiat may make great cars but they have to woo the Indians like we are the prettiest girls around...

regards
    Bharath
  7. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Mangesh's (CRM boss at Fiat I guess) FB page has snaps of dinner party for after sales team :)
    prabhjot and nibedk like this.
  8. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    I have a dumb question! Why do we care how many cars do Fiat sell in any given month? How does it affects us? If they are making profits without selling cars and they continue to launch better cars than rest, lets just be happy and enjoy our cars. Let the management guys worry about falling sells!!
    PradeepM, SOOZ_P, nkrishnap and 2 others like this.
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
  10. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Todaywhen I tune into 94.3FM in Bangalore, I came across a no of times advt at very frequent intervals. Also a paper advt in Bangalore times. Also a hoarding in ORR between Manyata Tech Park and Hebbal.
    All are range advt and not restricted to any particular model. Having said that I could not see any customer in KHT Fiat :(

So challenge lies somewhere else. Either Fiat need to do an aggressive marketing as similar to what VW did when they launched Vento or regular jacket advt in leading news paper as front page.... Or something very different to maket stand and look. This regular advt is not making any impact in terms of sales...

Moderator: Kindly move to respective thread if found OT
    prabhjot and rusticnomad like this.