1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat India is dumb in Marketing
    Expecting the Fiat Enthusiastic people will influence the people with their Fiat
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  3. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    Consistent but negligible sales. I will wait for 2016 to see if the numbers will increase - they will if they have all new cars that does not look at all like the Punto or the Linea.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

I guess the only saviour for this rapidly declining sales would be the Abarth Punto and unless Fiat markets them really well the trend will continue southward only. Fiat should literally flood the media space with Abarth Punto launch in addition to keeping the price within expectations. If it continues to posts pics in their FB page then Bhagwaan bachaye Fiat ko.
  5. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Linea 1.3
    I think Fiat should concentrate more on print media, than FB ,because FB attracts comments. which can be has a negative impact on the prospective buyer. Fiat should select local newspapers in addition to national newspapers. I suggest Fiat develop a marketing concept which can touch the generation which used padminis, 118 NE etc and carry on to the new generation, like a heirarchy handed over to new generation. That way Fiat can connect with Indians emotionally.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The severe dip in most models/nameplates from almost all car makers other than the dominant 2, Maruti S and Hyundai, and that too EVEN in the latter's case the hugely one-sided response to brand-new launches does suggest YET AGAIN

that making any money in the mass market for anyone other than M S+HY and maybe Toyota and/or Honda (in the future) is a near-impossibility.

So: Abarth is great, it won't sell by the hundreds, but it will sell without excessive discounting, and on a very explicit brand-clarity/USP basis.

However, it's very clear that there is NO option but to be export-centric if Indian operations of anyone other than M S, Hy and maybe Honda are to prove sustainable. And with a leaner dealer-network too?

So yeah, new models sure, but targetting exports, and only then, as a supplement, possible but improbable decent-sales-in-the-Indian-mass-market.

The Indian car-industry is in total albeit slow-motion return-on-investment, profitability, over-capacity crisis: GM/Chevy have announced the shutting down of their Halol, Gujarat plant and Renault-Nissan have also begun big layoffs/cutbacks etc, and many many dealers from Chevy, Tata, VW, Skoda, Fiat, Nissan, Renault, even Ford and BMW are struggling.....

Fiat are better off since they have a JV plant which is profitable, and technology supplies to Tata and Maruti etc.

BUT: consolidation/mergers will be inevitable, other than for profits-via-exports.

i.e., FCA merging-with-Suzuki? and/or: FCA-merging-with-Chevy/GM? and/or: FCA 'merging'/combining with Tata Motors-JLR?

IF one of these does not happen, well then profitable, sustainable sales of anything other than of JEEPs, Maserati-s, Ferrari-s and later Alfa Romeo-s, possibly Abarth-s, will prove/remain as impossible as they are currently/already.

This is the 'pathar pe lakeer' of the Indian mass-market structure: export and....merge/acquire/combine! There is IMO no other way left of sustainably, profitably carrying-on in the Indian mass-marketplace.

This is shown by Fiat own very benficial manufacturing and technology JV with Tata, as well as by Renault-Nissan, VW and Ford's export-dependent approach.
    ramjn likes this.
  7. nirupan

nirupan Novizio

I feel it is Bag pack for Fiat India soon. In USA FAC posted more than 2lacs sale but in emerging market like India they are dump.
    Fiat has best products in class but having pathetic service.
    Lesson Learned is not too buy Fiat Car in future.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Big fall from the last month figures of Punto: 678 and Linea: 171. Linea was doing between 121-177 since Feb this year. Very disappointing. Pata nahi kya hai logo aur fiat ko.:banghead:
  9. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    The fall is also because of the SCross and Creta. This will continue. I do not think Fiat is to blame much. People are fickle minded and follow the safe path. I am happy to see sales still happening inspite of new models coming in all the time. It is a feat to still have sales inspite of having only 2 models for 5 years now.
  10. driveit

driveit Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Fiat will not go out of India for sure. They will definitely come stronger. Our younger generation will start admire real driving characteristics very soon. Now a days polo is revived well by youths, so it will happen to fiat (may be abarth punto). Earlier days cars was a long term asset, but that trend is changing for a group, so definitely they will look for better car soon(of course it's going to FIAT).