1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot Please ram it into your head. The Avventura is a Punto cross-over and not a new car. Crossovers including from Hyundai have failed miserably. That is what I say is bad marketing.

There is something call timing. The flavour of the season is SUV's and the only SUV that Fiat has it does not release - so obviously if they come in 2018 by which time Hyundai would have released 10 more versions and Suzuki 5 more with even VW maybe releasing a few the 500X will not sell.
    What my friend is so difficult to understand or you just like to say stuff for the heck of it?

When I said no diesel I suppose you would have understood my meaning - a sports diesel like the GT TDI parallel to the T-jet. Again how difficult is it to understand that? The MJD is not sports even the 90HP version which can be smoked by the GT TDI.

Those jokers are either behind times or ahead of times. Both does not work. "In time" which is an art perfected by Hyundai is what they need to do.

Ideally they should have released by this festival season all the 500 variants - the X, the L and whatever else they have. Maybe 6 or 7 variants. A base starting from 12L all the way to 18L
  2. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @Ganges sharing of technology is not the case now. as T-Jet is not used in any tata car and revetron not in any fiat car.
    yes, S - Cross is coming with 1.6 MJD in July. maruti had imported thousands of 1.6 MJD for this car.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Who knows,might be only for Diesel tech.Thats the reason why Suzuki might have went for the option of " Import 1.6 MJD "
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

@Raj_pol : Agree that Avventura is a Punto crossover with some mechanical changes. But really speaking, even the Duster, XUV, Ecosport etc are crossovers and not true SUVs. Id count a Storme, Land Rover, PAjero, Fortuner in that category. Unfortunately in India, SUV means wide, tall, macho looking arches and grill. Therefore the Duster and XUV count as SUVs. The only distinction I'd give the XUV over the Duster is its higher capacity engine. But then it also has a much higher weight to contend with (1785kg vs 1260 kg).
    So I would say hatch-based based crossovers like Avventura, I20Active have not set the sales chart on fire.
    I would hate to call the Hyundai Creta an SUV, but if the market calls it so, well, what do I care. But something like the S-Cross, well the name says it all. I personally dont think people will warm up to the S Cross. It looks like a poor man's Yeti.I cant see a single redeeming feature in it that would make it sell. In fact it looks a generation older, like the SX4.
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Fiat India team is happy to retail 700 units per month on an average in India.
  6. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    From what i know, FIAT would be forced to share the engine with TATA if they manufacture it here till 2016.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Omg, Indians say even Ciaz engine is underpowered, Lol, the most foolest drivers in the world
    I think Fiat is developing 1.5 diesel engine for its cars and Jeep models but plonking it in Linea and Avvy wont give them much returns for their huge investments looking at their current sales.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Ganges Yes it is confirmed that Maruti S will be offering the 1.6 mjd (imported) on the S Cross.

We labour under a great Fiat-loving delusion if we think Fiat can sell ANY 1.6 mjd cars at elevated prices, IF the current very cut-price, VFM cars are not acceptable in the marketplace, EVEN after discounts of 1 lakh or even 2 (remember the firesale they had to conduct in december last year?)

Engines are NOT the problem for the brand: the rpoblem is much deeper, and much more structural.

FCA is a very capital-conservative, ruthlessly market-risk-averse under Marchionne globally. That's what he's known for, that's why the FCA stock is up 45-60% since listing. FCA these days does NOT waste money, like for eg all the other struggling firms (esp VW: it has HUGE losses from domestic sales in India, and believe me the GT-s don't begin to help them financially in India, and Nissan-Datsun.)

Seeing the puny response to the t-jet on the new Linea in 2014 (after petrol prices had plummetted, unlike when @acechip bought his car) gives the lie to the internet-commentariat on teambhp's claim that high-powered engines are the solution.

They CAN help somewhat, but given the kinds of price-discounting the market forces on Fiat, ONLY if the costing is very aggressive, i.e., ONLY if the engine is fully localized. VW's example with the Tsi and the GT diesel is irrelevant: these cars don't sell that much on the Polo and are much much more expensive than the kinds of prices the market forces on Fiats, VW has some pricing-power, while Fiat has a deeply negative-pricing-power in India.

That they've localized the t-jet at great prices is almost certain, which is why the t-jet is coming on the Avventura and Evo (MUCH cheaper than the VW-s, @Raj_pol , i bet).

Am certain they'll bring and fully localize the 1.5/1.6 mjd as well, but only once they have an all-new model on which to put it with at least some positive pricing-power: i.e., on the Fiat 'New Avventura' planned for late 2016, and on the localized small Jeep? Also, they will wait for Tata to need it on their 2017 Safari Storme replacement, and for Maruti to prove that there is enough demand for the bigger mjd on Maruti S's new CUV model-s? That's how I read their 'timing' issue/strategy.

Call it slow all you want, but the central problem is that the marketplace is (a) forcing huge discounting on Fiats and (b) still not buying the (current) cars.

"It's the market, stupid!" is what I've been arguing.

Hence the emphasis shifting to Jeep (blanksheet brand with some pricing power+export vlumes guaranteed), and even when the all-new Fiats come in end2016/17: there will be an export-centrism.

Or so they've stated in recent sourced and quoted reports.
  10. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Sales figures for June 2015??