1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Raj_pol @Vidhyashankar Kannan

Indeed, the likely scenario come 2017 is the fuel efficiency, American CAFE-style mandate will indeed come, though certainly not the emissions nor the crash safety or recall policy ones, precisely because of the clout of Maruti, and Mahindra (esp).

Maruti has no government shareholding at all anymore, as far as i know, perhaps just residual, btw.

I don't believe Fiat will be in the least affected: the new b-suv, the new Punto and the new Grand Sienna (all for end 2016 and 2017) are all off the 100kg lighter, high-strength steel etc Palio platform version. Besides with small sales numbers, managing CAFE-type numbers will be only easier, right? Ha.

Also, both Maruti or rather Suzuki and FCA are moving into cut-price very mild hybrid solutions, starting around...2017. Besides, they may've tied-up further by then, even merged?

A small electric motor for supercharging (fantastic lowend torque, which is what saves the most fuel) and/or a small, inexpensive and light one driving the rear wheels for low end torque upto speeds of 8 or 10 kmh with a huge net payoff in fuel efficiency is a GIVEN one feels by 2017/2018 for many firms here, but specially by the cooperating/collusive trio of Tata-Fiat-MarutiS. Suzuki has begun offering such solutions on their cut-price small Kei cars in Japan.

FCA/Fiat/Iveco is already known and well awarded repeatedly over the last several years as the greenest auto firm in Europe, thanks to their extensive sales of natural-gas powered small cars and esp small and big vans/trucks, esp in italy and germany.

Marchionne is famously anti-electric-as-govt-mandate, but has the full raft of electric tech in-house from the 500e to LaFerrari, electric supercharging to mild hybrids of different sorts and costs/prices/applications, and has just been meeting with the likes of the Apple ceo and the Tesla one too, on precisely such subjects.

ergo, this stuff is a breeze. Am sure we're not going to be getting no dinky runabout from Fiat or Jeep, even if this government is serious about stuff like this that affects the big money, and corporates, which all evidence suggests, is very doubtful. Though one can see, as Raj suggests, Maruti using this gambit to further outrun Hyundai and the rest.
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    woow....see the sales charts in turkey, Linea is the leader in Turkey.

What Fiat sells in whole 2 years in India, they sell it on a monthly basis in Turkey, exceptional.

Pos Model 15-Apr
    1 Fiat Linea 4,398
    2 Renault Clio 4,074
    3 Renault Fluence 3,344
    4 Toyota Corolla 3,343
    5 Fiat Doblo 3,137
  3. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This month sale numbers increased 2 more by my friends
    uploadfromtaptalk1431706628966.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1431706689407.jpg
  4. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @SOOZ_P Whose? I mean did you buy one? The first pic reminds me of Odin when he was a baby :)
  5. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Raj_pol, these are bought by my friends not me. Hope they join here soon.
  6. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
  7. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    I wish Fiat brings in a seven seater version of Punto or Linea.
  8. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    They don't even bring their own amt here....I dream of driving a punto/linea in the city ..with no manual gear changes....all will be just dreams
    Tornado likes this.
  9. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Bad news for south Bangalore the mysore road service will be closed from next week onwards and fiat lost one more service center and I have to travel atleast 60kms up and down for the service :banghead:
    And my car went for accident repair and standing there from 1month due to less engineers
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @vista7155

Fewer dealers and FASS per city would be better, given sales circumstances, IF that makes them more healthy financially and therefore better eg with staffing levels and training/quality? I feel Delhi NCR, for eg, has at least 2 too many.

btw, by Delhi standards 60 kms up and down is not so bad, once or twice a year, only IF the job gets done well and timely of course.

all the best, are you moving your car to another, more distant, FASS, then?