1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    The first 3 points are actually very good now. The price is extremely competitive for that build quality and safety. The looks are the best in my opinion. The music system works just fine except for lack of bluetooth streaming. I have simply connected a stereo bluetooth device receiver to the Aux 3.5 mm socket and voila! I have bluetooth streaming now. So there are always simple fixes if people want to really do it. The car needs to be good first. Then come the goodies.

The sales and after sales has improved a lot but the number of FASS centres is still a cause for worry. If there is more reach, it would be good.

Point 4 is the real killer. Societal pressure is very high in India. And very few of us stay firm in the face of ridicule. Fiat needs to address that pain point first.

See the new Nissan Sunny ad. The company has actually started making that sofa-on-wheels look so good. Nothing exceptional. Just highlighting the ABS and a new sport version. Why doesn't Fiat do this? Duhh!
    Dr. Fixated and C_S like this.
  2. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    asimpleson likes this.
  3. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Its not really that tough. Just replace the doors and bonnet with razor blade thin metal, tune the ECU, lose weight here and there and it is very achievable. Hey, isn't that what Maruti does?

Looks like Fiat might now actually move faster to sell by making changes. Bring it on!

But seriously, the fact of the matter is that the government themselves are pushing manufacturers to cut even more corners to achieve that mileage. It has good intentions but perhaps not the right means. Europe is also going through such stringent measures but there the manufacturers reduce engine sizes and add turbos to them to keep the power intact. The same thing is bound to happen here except for the fact that the state run transport will not adhere to any of these norms.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 14, 2015, Original Post Date: May 14, 2015 ---
    The main news which we need to see is this:

"It is important to note that the rule is a reference to the average fuel economy and not the figure per model. This means that a manufacturer can offer models that deliver less than 18.2 km/l, but have to balance it out by offering a product with better efficiency figures."

That means that the manufacturer can make a motorcycle offering 100 km/l and a car that does 9 km/lt. The average across the models has to be 18.2 km/lt. Not each model to be above 18.2. This rule has begun in Europe and is trickling down here.

This sounds like a boon in disguise. Fiat may finally start manufacturing a teeny tiny hatch with a 1.0 litre diesel engine that gives 30 km/lt. Let us see. Good times ahead.
    prabhjot and C_S like this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Vidhyashankar Kannan

By 2017/18 FCA's fuel efficiency skew would have greatly increased because of the Jeeps. So yes, i suppose a teeny but not tinny hatch (say the Nuvo Uno) might HAVE TO see the Indian-market Summer-light of day from Fiat.

Or maybe all that mild hybrid and electric supercharger etc they are on the verge of releasing on the new-gen FCA engines, or at least mjd2 fuel injection and multiair?

Early 2017 to end 2018: really really, did i say very?, interesting as far as FCA in India and exports is concerned. We'll just have to be patient till then? Me, i'll settle for kaafi-acche din, i.e., the good-enough days coming up for Fiat/Jeep. The full acche din can and will never come. Except for Maruti and Hyundai, who are already lolling in it.:p
  5. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    C'mon @prabhjot : someone as loyal as you should be even more happy now. Fiat may finally have to put in a conical air filter, manifold exhaust and a remapped ECU to get high torque and high FE. We couldn't force them, but perhaps this ruling will. And the increase in cost will be hardly anything.

I'm now looking forward to Jeeps on one end and lot of little bunny Fiats on the other end. Who knows? If they are really lazy, they may just say bye bye. :rolleyes:
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Does the news item seem like it was created by Maruti Suzuki? I mean they hold 50% of the market, they can influence the government and that horrific body they call SIAM.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    This is happening all over Europe. That is why companies like Aston Martin and Ferrari who are in the supercar business are now actually making small cars to average the net fuel economy. Check out the horrendous looking Aston Martin Cygnet. They are forced to make those. Same for other supercar manufacturers. Companies like Maruti and Hyundai are safe as they sell mostly small cars. Companies like Jaguar and Fiat in India need to watch out.
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    This must be read in conjunction with another intention by govt. As per reports, MT act is being modified to make crash testing in India mandatory commencing 2017. So teeny-weeny cars WILL be pushed out, at least from new product category.
  9. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Not necessarily @kaps . cars like the Renault Megane are small and passed the crash tests with 5 stars. This might actually be a blessing in disguise for the Punto as it has always passed the tests. Besides, a minor tune up will give an FE of 18+. It is the small Maruti and Hyundais that have to watch out.

But what I think is that with Maruti's clout and being government owned, these rules will be gently postponed.
  10. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Well!! the sales numbers are not surprising given the trend and lethargic reaction by Fiat India.
    Its very difficult for them to compete with 3 musketeers (MS/HY/H).
    I think Fiat will continue to be fanboyish following like it is now.

Fiat should just get into cranky mode of marketing and sales.
    Setup a team of remap tuners across city before they deliver cars to customers.
    Plonk Swift/Ritz gear box to Punto.

Indian consumers want to follow herd mentality and all of them want to be michael schumachers on highways.
    I believe smarter race will pick Fiat any day given to understand its internals.