1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot I would still disagree with some of your points. See about the volumes thing - Maruti has volumes because they sell cars starting all the way from the alto and they have been doing it for along time. The sell of the Elite i20 proves that at least in the premium hatchback segment people are moving away from Maruti more so in the larger cities. In fact Maruti are now contemplating removing the badge and putting only Suzuki in the more premium (Ciaz, upcoming SUV) range.

Fiat has only 2 cars - not changed since my grandpa played Football with granny :p. An ideal steady state is 1500 for the Punto and around another 1000 for the Linea. If they try they can achieve the same. They probably would have but for the Elite i20 and as I said before that is a good looking car.

If Fiat up's their game by a compelling "looking" mini SUV like the Fiat 500 X then the numbers will definitely increase. Please note looks first rest follows.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Since we are discussing the sales figures, my observation in last 3 days.

My colleague wanted to buy a new sedan. Raised test drive requests in the websites and following are the results.
    Skoda - call within 15 min, test drive arranged for next day followed by feedback call next day.
    VW - call within half n hour, test drive arranged for next day.
    Hyundai - call on same day and test drive was offered, he did not take it.
    Ciaz - 3 calls on same day and test drive offered, he did not drive it.

Now comes the best..

FIAT- Request raised 3 days back, no callback yet. Infact that was the first request raised.

Now he has finalized on Skoda Rapid and booking closed yesterday evening. Unless the basics are being worked upon, no matter if they get 10 more products, it will be the same fate.
    kr_vasudev, bharath, prabhjot and 4 others like this.
  3. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    @Sailer_Punter well that happened to me too...
    I think there is no need to discuss anymore.. the above post explains the low sales numbers
    bharath and Sailer_Punter like this.
  4. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Well said, its what we are all harping about. The very first step is the most important step. If the customer feels that the company is really not interested in their own product, when why bother doing after it?

However, this was not the case for me. I registered on the Fiat site and got a call in half hour followed by 3 TDs of the Evo and Avventura the very next day and day after. So my experience was very good. But point taken. Every customer is important. Missing out even one is a loss of a sale.
  5. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    That is one pleasant experience for you and I am yet to see one case of successful callback in time (call back after a week is not gonna help the cause here).
    Add to this the cyclic affect this is going to have. If someone else is planning, this same guy will discourage him and the cycle continues. No matter how much we owners market the product, if company doesn't take the initiative, the matter is not going anywhere.

Now why company is not interested in marketing is altogether a different issue and has been discussed to death in this forum. God knows when this company will be out of this chicken/egg problem and do justice to the magnificent products that they have.
    Amit Rox likes this.
  6. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Nothing else to say. Its left to Fiat to decide whether they want to get aggressive or still drag their feet. I agree that my case may have been an aberration. And anyway, I had a lousy waiting experience having to escalate every few weeks. Pity, I love the car.
  7. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @Sailer_Punter
    Atleast they didn't respond in my friend case they didn't offer any test drive in the showroom when he visited and I also put the experience here to make a point why Fiat is failing here but unfortunately some of the members were fuming on the issue raised and commented that it is totally wrong in expecting the sales courtesy in the showroom.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    These are the same dealers who previously were TML ones so such things are bound to happen.
    They are always behaving like Govt. offices.
    and so are the sales results.

Why not FCA tie up with MS for ASS for its cars and also get the gearbox from swift.
    as now they are selling only less than 1K cars. gearbox can be exchanged for engines. :)
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
  9. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    @dadasaheb i wouldn't like that....the gearbox in swift gets some problem every 40,000 KMs..(my friend has a swift - he had to change gearbox @ 40,000 km.. free under warranty and the service person told that this was happening with all swifts and dezires.. and now it is nearing 80,000 kms and the cars doesnt lock into 2nd gear anymore...

i dont want that happenning in a FIAT.
  10. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    that might a problem with one car from the around 50K sold every month, my uncle's dezire clocked 1.5L kms without any issues.
    also many friends have swift without any issues for their current ownership of more than 70, 80 K kms.
    you will agree with me that even if fiat sells only 800 cars a month they can not make them niggle free initially.
    adisrini1103 likes this.