1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    With i20 "cross" launching soon, the going only gets tough for the Fiat. I agree with other's voices here, marketing and brand positioning does help and Fiat has failed in this regard. To substantiate the same - A conversation today morning at office:
    A: Am buying i20 petrol
    Me: If you are keen on petrol, why not look at VW Polo as well. It has better build and handles better than i20
    A: No, I shall go with i20
    Me: Why? Did you test drive i20 or Polo?
    A: No, haven't you seen the i20 adds and hoardings? New i20 is on par with Audi and BMW
    Me: No words! :banghead: Walked out of the conversation.

Bottomline: People do associate and regard Hyundai on par with premium brands and credit goes to Hyundai for building such a perception in people's mind.
  2. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    ^^ +1
    We can see in below sales figure chart for 2015 jan where Bolt has got 2457(total 4411 including vista) new customers inspite of cut throat competition in this segment.
    Tata as woken up from the lethargic attitude and we can see the change in their approach of marketing the products so success is coming in their way now.
    ex: we had the add of 4 pages of Bolt last week.
    Fiat is sitting next to them and they killed the aventura/evo without much adds in the papers.
    @GirishRaghu
    leave about tier-3 cities they don't have ASS in tier-2 cities now and how we can expect that Fiat is going to get better sales numbers.
    upload_2015-2-5_12-53-43.png
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  3. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Though the statement might seem laughable, that is the power of marketing which folks need to understand. It is not the product that matters, it is the marketing.

Of course to generate decent numbers, you need at the least around 5 different products. Ideally a budget hatchback say i10 range, a budget SUV (Avventura is not, it always looks like a Punto in cladding, I cannot imagine people not seeing that), a higher range SUV (like the 500 X) , a Punto with the gearbox issue sorted out and a new Petrol engine and then maybe sports versions of the Punto (aka T-jet versions and 1.6 MJD). This will increase numbers to around the 2k to 2.5 K mark. Then we need ad's to slowly build on the momentum.
  4. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Personally i am a hard core Fiat Fann but now have lost all hope. Just 2 days back i saw 4 page supplement in TOI of Tata Bolt or Zest. Immediately the first thing that came to my mind was orange colour half page advertisement of FIAT Avventura that was hardly noticeable. Poor Marketing is the prime reason. We as fan cannot do much. I personally may not buy current FIAT generation cars in India.
    bharath, vista7155 and Raj_pol like this.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Fiat is almost consistent in its sales. :) I mean in maintaining sub 1k numbers.
    On a serious note ; One of the biggest reason is only 2 products in six plus years. Linea Classic, linea, and avvy are all based on punto.

All others have atleast 5 plus products to choose once customer come in showroom. Not in case of FIAT.

Even the German luxury car manufacturers also have 10 plus product to choose from.

Hope new ceo atleast bring the products to provide options to buyer.
  6. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Well said! Here we are thinking why don't Indians just buy more Fiats for their great car character. But as enough people here have said, having a good product is one thing. Pushing it to the customer is another whole different art. And Hyundai and Maruti have done it so well to the core. I am seeing so many i20 Elites these days. Once the i20 Cross comes.......let's see :smuggrin:
    Aditya0027 likes this.
  7. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Honestly not very confident that Punto and Avventura sales are going to increase after the introduction of Tjet motors or improving the gearbox, gear ratios and for that matter even if they put 3 litre turbo motors and equip the cars with 8 to 10 airbags and provide all the safety equipments, even then higher 4 digit sales looks to be a distant dream!

They need to accept that Punto and Linea are flops in India and instead of going ahead with further facelifts and engine updates, do a complete rejig of the models, introduce some fresh models which are as safe as the current models and performance/mileage atleast on par with the competition, , spend in marketing (hire some good professionals who knows marketing) and then put faith on God and the buyers and wait. This is if they want some higher volumes.

Else improve the current models, give some aggressive engine options and transmission options with better ride quality and other blings and stay happy with the numbers that they are doing. Else with the current onslaught from other manufacturers, sustaining these numbers is also a tough task going forward.
    bharath, VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.
  8. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    seriously guys still not sure what is stopping fiat to touch the average figures of 1000 to 1200 per month.

i thought they will touch 1000 in January.

the biggest irony here is that in Cochin they have 2 showrooms and one of them sold 35 (punto+linea+avvy) and the other around 30 as per their respective SA

so Cochin market is catering to 10% of sales.

is it only in the major cities in India where fiat sales are happening?

how the rest of the dealerships are surviving, is Fiat providing them with cash incentives to survive??
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. ASNM

ASNM Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Very disappointing.
    They launched face-lift Linea without giving more powerful engines, result sales dropped from pre face-lift levels.
    FIAT did not learn out of Linea episode, went ahead & launched EVO with Avvy looks + without upgrading engine, result combined sales of EVO+AVVY dropped from pre face-lift Punto levels.
    God save Fiat, I have lost hope.
  10. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    They need Fresh cars may be direct lift from Chrysler/Jeep/what not in their sister companies :
    scrap all the existing products and come with new eye candies that too in 1-2 years time.
    with the best in class power and ARAI figures + all features of competition and some extras to have edge over competition
    1. City/Ciaz/Verna competitor
    2. i20/Jazz competitor
    3. Grand i10/Swift competitor
    4. Xcent/Dezire competitor
    5. Ecosport/Duster competitor
    6. Ertiga/Mobilio competitor
    7. Innova and Fortuner competitor
    8. Corolla/Elantra competitor
    bharath likes this.