1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    You have it the wrong way: have you not noticed how owners and partisans of other brands trash Fiats, the cars AND the firm? Which is almost always done exggeratedly if not falsely....ONLY because they don't sell successfully?

Fiat owners and fans are I'd say from even this forum, and others too, remarkable for staying honest and critical/skeptical of the brand/the cars they suuport, defend and promote. In fact, perhaps to excess!;)

From my exprience on and offline...they are as a rule more knowing and un-biased than owners/fans of other brands, which is proven by the amount of chat about Fiat online, WAY out of proportion to sales numbers. Fiat owners and fans care and know, not without knowledge, experience, objectivity and wisdom, while I've long noticed and felt that cannot be said of the 'strength of sales numbers' crowd.

The Indian car baazar is majoritarian: that is why only 3/4 firms now control 75+% of the mass market for hatches and sedans. That does not mean minorities like Fiat owners and fans should desist from celebrating the virtues of their cars or its brand....after all how on earth will the majorities ever see sense?!;):D

[ya, ya I know...they never will since they aren't conversing with the likes of Fiat or Fiat owners, they're just lining up behind the dominant brands, few questions asked, no car-purchase 'experiments' conducted!:yawn::dead:]
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

Yeah true, especially when I read "cringe-worthy" statements like " for the new I20 Active (Cross) to be successful and , a candidate for buying, it should , in the opinion of the forum member, have DRLs". That is a deal breaker for him/her. This is of course in other forums where I happen to "reconnoitre" from time to time, trying to give my 2c's for some balanced appraisal of Fiat products.
    Dr. Fixated, Ichimaru and prabhjot like this.
  3. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    any source of information will be great, hope this will not be like all fake rumors about FIAT and its product launches.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I too hope not. Although somebody who is not a nobody in Fiat circles claims to have seen it. Still we never know if Fiat decides to delay launch or change the vehicle plans totally. :) So definitely take it with more than a pinch of salt to avoid any disappointment.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @asimpleson @dadasaheb

The disappointment will be when it IS launched, IS excellent and still does not sell!! Which, FCA might be feeling at the moment, is likely: all three!:rolleyes::p

I do wish the presumably-good Mr. Kevin Flynn would quickly enunciate the new, improvised (even if not improved!) plans publicly, else the (negative) rumour/chatter-swirl around Fiat, will, as usual and inevitably, defeat 'best intentions' and actions when they do get implemented.

Moreover, they CANNOT afford informational/perception-al contagion of the upcoming-for-launch JEEP brand by the infections being suffered by the 'Fiat' one in the wider, minimally knowledgeable marketplace.

FCA need to show they're good and solid and serious and totally credible, even if Fiat sales figures are weak, for the sake of the Jeep brand launch at the end of the year, if nothing else.
    PradeepM and asimpleson like this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot, for the JEEP brand the marketplace will also need to have a 'need' for that USP-based-product at THE right price. Unless they can do magic and manage to create a product category that can amaze the entire Indian auto industry; which would take massive marketing efforts to say the least. Systemic changes are needed for 'Fiat' brand and FCA group operations for India just the way things have progressed in the US of A. Lets hope since Mr. Sergio Marchionne is not retiring till 2018 maybe he has top agenda for these markets too.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 9, 2015 ---
    It is hard to say what they must foresee while planning this product launch. But even if it means they are serious and sustaining and give a message that they are here to stay, it would mean they become a more visible player than ever before, which is still not a bad thing rather than looking like not doing anything at all.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @asimpleson

Yeah you're right: i suppose no matter what the future holds in terms of sales and profits, FCA India have NO choice currently than to hang in there, preferably with 'new' products/variants and lots of marketing. For the next 2-4 years at least.

If ONLY to build longterm credibility and trust for FCA as a whole, whose future in India very much rests in revenue+profit terms with the JV production for Tata, Maruti and exports, obviously, and with JEEP and later Alfa Romeo, rather than the 'Fiat' brand per se.

Still, they have to find a way to restructure the brand and dealers etc so as to keep costs/losses down, and redirect them to the biggest cities/FASS+marketing, and, very vitally, to 'premium-ize' the offer by finding a way to price, showcase and market the 500 line-up (L/X/Living) and Abarth attractively (well below Mini, for eg, or the Skoda Yeti) INDEPENDENT of the Fiat-brand. As 500-s and Abarth-s, rather than as 'Fiats.'

Perhaps by dove-tailing sales of these premium Fiats (CKD? CBU? Partly localized?) with the new Jeep dealerships/ASS centres.

I do believe giving up on the chimera of meaningful sales in say Indore or Guwahati may be essential.

And, stopping this malefic practice of discounting! Don't discount ever, instead load the cars up to the brim with gadgetry and things like the ddct, and feel free to price right upto the respective segment bestsellers (the Honda City CVT is what? 11-12 lakhs ex-showroom...).

And instead promote and advertise, but only in innovative, edgy ways (not full-page ads in TOI, a waste but more for eg., in-film/tv serial placement, cinema-hall ads, TDrive-based campaigns at malls/officeparks, via 'management' of the automotive press: I believe the 'kaatilaana' Autocar lady needs to be flown to and wined-dined in Milan/Florence Italy!.....)
    asimpleson and acechip like this.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

And while she is being wined-dined in Milan, can someone from Fiat Engg please adjust her seat and steering ? She always blames the car design for its inability to give her a good seating position. And by her own admission, she's all of 5ft 2 in !
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I am afraid a significant portion of car buyers who would like to own JEEP and the likes will still need a small car for city based needs or for that occassional longer trip for business or leisure purpose and may still choose against an SUV. 'Fiat' brand even more than Dodge and/or RAM needs to do well for that very reason.

For Fiat products we will need to look more closely to developments in Brazil in particular or Poland or (Tofas) Turkey. They are already releasing for example a Grand Siena as a Dogde Vision. So eventually they might do the same of India too..? I would like a proper Fiat over a Dodgy one anyday ;)
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    The sales number are not good although the numbers on the road are definatly increasing and if they continue releasing new product or just keep selling cars slowly slowly more people will move to fiat, but that need time, for now is to fiat keep selling cars without seeing the sales and by giving good treat/after service to that small circle of buyers.
    prabhjot likes this.