1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    lets leave aside the showroom experience part for a moment.

since you said he is your friend, do you think he would be buying a better car if he goes for zest/bolt?
    this is the single most important point which people like your friend fail to realize and get swayed by other lesser important things! anyways all the best to him.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    ^^ what is wrong with zest or bolt they are much better car in the segment.
    If you don't believe it please test drive it.
    I am going to stop it here otherwise it will become off-topic.
  3. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    One word please. There is nothing wrong in being a Fiat fan. But it's no good thrashing other brands just because they are more successful in the market.
    Raj_pol, asimpleson, acechip and 2 others like this.
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

I'd rather you help your friend draw up the various parameters , provide weightage to each and arrive at a score for each candidate car. And at the end of it, if the Zest scores highest, so be it.Its not a bad car by any measure. But, but. You must not compare a Zest with a hatchback. Compare it with the likes of Amaze, Xcent etc.
    prabhjot and Ichimaru like this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat is coming up with a 5-6lac rupees car. We probably will have a proper car to compare with Bolt/Zest and others. And it will hopefully still manage to surpass most cars in that price bracket as far as essential (non-fancy) features are concerned.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    I haven't read the discussion so far but will share my two cents based on this post. Ive owned a linea since 2009 it was our only car back then and then purchased another pre facelift one in 2014, then again this is car now is only being used for commuting to my college, running around the city with a few friends, almost nil outstation trips unlike the earlier one as we have an XUV too now. I have faced a lot of little niggles with my old car but none of them really ruined my experience of owning a fiat in anyway. Till today whenever i have friends in my i always get that question "why is there no AUX in this car, you just bought it na?" And I have to be like "deal with it", always :p A lot of people ask me why would you spend so much money and buy the same car all over again, why not a I20 or a polo or a Vento or the Verna, or a Ciaz why FIAT????? WHY AGAIN????
    The lucky few non fiatians who have driven my car have always understood why. Its because this car Drives so well! Yes it has a heavier steering not always ideal in the city but absolutely perfect for when having some fun, yes it has a 1.3l engine only sounds underpowered but its wolfed, yes I can't find aftermarket spares and accessories, I like having things customised not mainstream, and I'd only let an authorized service center touch my car. The suspension setup is to my taste even though the old GC one was more planted for obvious reasons, Yes my car doesn't have AUX So What? Summing it up in a single line the old linea had such a perfect driving configuration that grew onto me so deep that I'm ready to let go of a lot of things to maintain that configuration! Hence the purchase all over again. For me it the driving pleasure of the linea was best suited to my definition of a car. And i think that is someones personal taste! :) @asimpleson justified? Hope this helps :)
    Regards
    Iyu, Nuts&Bolts, PradeepM and 6 others like this.
  7. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I feel the main reason is the lack of advertisement. Tin cans like Datsun go are selling due to generous advts. Fiat should spend heavily in advertising their cars .
  8. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i dont wanna argue....but thats enough...FIAT should either shut shop or launch 3-4 new cars and do push marketing......there is no point of having more than 100 dealerships and they cannot sustain themselves....
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    I have never understood this "Shut Shop" comment!
    Why should they shut shop? Because we cant handle the low sales? If they are handling it, who are we to tell them to shut shop?
    Whatever the sales figures, I urge all the members to really stop saying "shut shop". It sounds really lame!

In another incident, a friend of mine once said why do you buy a FIAT? The showrooms are not good, the sales rep are also not all that good in most cases. Heck, many times they do not even offer water. Then Why?

My answer was simple. I am not going to keep the showroom or the sales rep in my house for 7 years. All I care about is the car. I want to enjoy driving it and feel safe in it. FIATs do that. Sadly, I belong to the minority in India who think like that but trust me, owning a car is much more than drinking a glass of water in the showroom!

I could tell by the look on his face that he bought my argument; not that it mattered to me in any way! :)
  10. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    But actually, I see ads of avventura in tamil channel called Sun TV and i see some news paper adverts too.. and the website's splash screen feels mature, could this be because of Mr.Flynn doing something or it's just me??
    prabhjot likes this.