1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. vickku2527

vickku2527 Timido

Pune
    Friends, We are just wasting our time in discusising about FIAT. From last 5 years I am following sales figure every month, hoping that next month sales will rise. But disappointed by Fiat management. They don't want to understand what Indian wants. They rely on word of mouth publicity, but they should understand that this works only with Movies, where ticket is just of rs. 300. Individual buying a 6 Lakhs rupees car will not go for word of mouth publicity, he will see how much a company is eager to sell it product. Every day you all can see ads from VW, Toyota for their cross polo and cross liva, but how many such ads for Avvy - Zero. ......i am wasting time again and again....sorry fiat...i'll never own your product.
    PradeepM and vista7155 like this.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

Sorry @vista7155 , but this is exactly the kind of Fiat bashing we should not do on this forum atleast. I can tell you countless experiences where any of the Tata/MSIL/Hyundai/Mahindra/Renault/Honda folks did not greet me upon multiple visits or offer me that glass of water/tea whatever. I mean, if that was the yardstick to judge a Car manufacturer in India, then you'd rather not buy a car at all. You will be horrified to learn what I endured with Honda in Pune when I was looking out for an Automatic Hatchback.
    Ultimately I chose a different car NOT for that particular experience, but purely on my defined technical parameters. Yet I chose to visit that very Honda dealer on another occasion when I checked out the Mobilio for someone else.
    So please enlighten your friend on this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    It seems most people don't want to buy a car, whatever its qualities and virtues, what they above all want is to buy are sales figures: a 'joh jita voh sikander' evaluative attitude. Strength and 'status' in large numbers. The car-or-brand-in-itself is almost incidental!

In the Indian car baazar, as in other aspects of our wider public culture: the herd is actually a mob. Unreasonable to a fault, because high on the 'status' and 'confidence' and 'popularity' of sheer numbers.

One, in this case Fiat, cannot reason with or persuade mobs.

'We are like this only'.

One, in this case Fiat, should not try anymore to reason with or persuade mobherd-ing potential car buyers.

Focus fully and properly on the admittedly few 'independent' ones, instead.
    jackharrisw and PradeepM like this.
  4. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Sorry i will not agree your bashing comment this is not bashing this is the true reality and we should accept this.
    Honda may afford the ignorance but FIAT is not in the possition to do that my dear friend.
    Water or greatings it may be a least expectation for some individuals and for other individuals it may count 30% as a company attitude and will become on of the yardsticks while buying.
    How a prospective customer will accept the company, if there is no test drive vehicle in the showroom or car having issues.
    If they don't maintain the test drive car then what is the use of car showroom and it is not acceptable for me or any one who is looking for the new car.
    Every car company here desperately try to convience a customer to buy thier car but in Fiat the delears are least bothered they are like there parent company.
    By the way we are in year 2015 not in 1947,Customer service rules here to earn money and you will get better service in bycyle shops when you are paying in thousands.
    IMHO if you are not serious when you are selling the product then how you will give a prompt service to the customers?
    We are having lot of choises to buy the car and we are not paying peanuts for FIAT to expect this kind of attitude from the showrooms.
  5. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Well the dealer experience I guess differs.I dealt with 2 dealers during the purchase of my car and I should admit the courtesy & hospitality was excellent in both cases. Iam sure most of the folks agree that the staff at the showrooms are quite courteous. Having said that Iam not ruling out exceptions.
    As someone rightly pointed out may be FIAT and all of us should stop worrying about sales analytics , rather FIAT should change the market paradigm by tagging themselves with "performance" and have a separate niche of customers.

On the lighter side I guess we all should be happy to own a brand which sells equivalent to huge luxury brands and hence there is certain uniqueness in the choice .

I remember an add on TV long back about an educational institution which shows many students following one person and the background score is like "meiinn" mocking a bakra , indicating how most people follow the group blindly without much thought.
    This patten of following the lot is true in our society which is evident in almost all the decisions an individual makes. This thought is behind the reason why we have tons of buddying engineers, craziness to folk away from the country and many more can be listed out .
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

I'd rather have a knowledgeable and honest salesperson than an idiot fawning all around, trying to make a deal. In the present situation I will blame Fiat for coming up with a poor strategy backed by poorer marketing. The dealers, I am sure are trying to a great extent. For example, @vista7155, over in Pune, the Pandit service guys don't charge a dime for minor fixtures/inspections which require the car to be ramped in the service bay, and even do those tasks without a fuss about schedules, appointments etc. Note that the SC is full of cars, being the biggest dealer.
  7. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    WHAT??? Not offering a glass of water A reason for him, to reject FIAT?????? I sense, that he already made up his mind not to buy a FIAT and he need some excuses to justify it. If a glass of water or drinks is what he expects from a car/ car manufacturer, then he can happily drive any tin cans around with compromised structure banned by developed nations/Australia etc... I think Indians mentality should change first rather than manufacturer's mentality. (FYI...I haven't yet got a glass of water from the Maruti showroom people, when I have been there multiple times in the past)
  8. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    i hope some good news from fiat is just around the corner,

heard fiat panda 4*4 is going to be launched in India, which will be a segment first.
  9. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @bibin when may be in 2020 when all the competitor's would have the same....
    PradeepM likes this.
  10. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @jackharrisw
    did I mention that he rejected because of not offering a glass of water?
    I told the reality that he rejected because he got bad treatment and they didn't offer him a test drive.
    Still if you think that he has done a wrong let it be so.
    I am happy for him that sooner or later he doesn't repent the buying experience.
    I have faced same issues when I bought my car and still there is no improvements in their attitude.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015