1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Somehow unable to comprehend these numbers. @115 dealerships across the nation. In cities atleast, dealers manage to sell @20-25 cars per month. So, on a prudent basis if we assume even @10 cars per dealer, that should give us 115*10=1,150 cars per month. Are we missing some thing here!
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    This months dismal sales , I attribute it to Fiats inability to deliver the already booked Avvys & Evos . Not sure why it was launched in Nov last year, and the people who booked them were made to wait for 2-3 months. I see atleast 5-6 threads on this forum for delayed deliveries. Did Fiat launch Avvy ahead of full preparations at factory, just due to market pressures ?

having said that, I see Avventura adverts being aired once again. Hope they continue to market in all medias
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    ^^ Not every dealer is placing orders from the factory for a wide variety of issues. More so with dealers struggling with funding the factory offtake of vehicles. Also not all dealers do the same numbers. Apart from the Tier 1 cities, the Tier 2 would hardly be doing any numbers. That should explain the low offtake.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Kirshna & other MOD's , can you guys take this concern to FIAT in a bigger manner.This is definitely widespread where customers are waiting till eternity to get the cars because of various internal issues between the dealers & FIAT. This is causing a lot of flutter and displeasure among buyers and for sure many are moving towards other brands who are able to deliver the cars in stock ,at a lesser turn around time.
    In my opinion Fiat should start taking this concern with high priority if at all they are interested in seeing better numbers.
    prabhjot and Mabams1826 like this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Its not that Fiat is not aware of the situation. Its money matters my dear friend, the manufacturer nor the dealers would want to give an inch given the situation that dealers dont sufficient cash to rotate in business due to lack of sales and due to poorer sales, no company would give its products on credit not knowing when the cash will be realized. Its a tough situation for both. But the financial might of Fiat should do something to give a little help to the dealers to generate business.
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  6. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

^^if this is the state of affairs then sooner or later the dealer's will also close the dealership as there is no meaning of running the business.
    The dealer's will think to close it because they are wasting manpower and showroom space.
    If they move to other brand they can leverage the manpower and showroom space better.
    PradeepM and Raj_pol like this.
  7. acechip

acechip Superiore

Its a question or product lines. Jeep and Land Rover would have to cannibalize some, Jaguar (particularly lower end) would have to cannibalize some with Alfa/Maserati. And I dont think Tata needs IVECO when they already have other truck technologies available.
    JLR has just invested in a new powerplant factory and so tying up with Fiat doesnt make sense at all. And I believe JLR is well established in the new parent ownership model, where they function with near-independence. I dont think they would have the same freedom under Marchionne.
    I think there is already enough on Fiat's plate right now.
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Sales at less than 600 units isn't confidence inspiring. Fiat have started with a sales promotion offering 5.5% interest rate, 5 years warranty and some other freebies. I am not sure if that would increase the sales, if at all, probably a little bit till the scheme continues. Heart of the problem is aam junta do not get into a Fiat showroom to do a TD even. Till Fiat is able to shed their past, not much chance they have to aim for even 2000 units per month. Pity. Having said that, it doesn't take away the credit that they make the best of cars and I am thoroughly happy with my decision to own a TJet. We'll perhaps be owners of endangered species. ;)
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The financial difficulties of dealers vis-a-vis FCA India just illustrates how glib it would be to suggest that Fiat is uncommitted in India, doesn't launch all-new cars etc. Am sure it would've cost them a lot to open all the dealerships+FASS over the last 2 years. Launching an all-new car, rather than thorough facelifts + radical cross variant, would've cost hundreds of crores, surely, with, as we've seen from the negative sales response to both the Evo and the Avventura, a very high probability of guaranteed losses.

If unviable/redundant dealership showrooms (not ASS centres) have to be shut down, it would be better as part of an announced plan from FCA India, rather than on an adhoc basis. The latter would be even more corrosive of the brand.

That is why they must IMO move in a huge way to e-commerce platforms instead, even as they ensure FASS workshops or other non-dealer workshops continue/open, if minimally financially viable.

There's no doubt that delhi ncr has at least 2 dealers and FASS too many, IMO, for eg.

Nagesh B and/or whoever else, did, in retrospect, make too many errors that killed all 3 (re)launches pretty much at birth, from restyling choices, to launch sequence and timing-in-the-calender-year.

It would appear then that it is FCA India that has messed up, rather than FCA globally, which to be fair had committed to the whole brand re-launch process once the split from Tata was decided. And judging from the several advertising campiagns and the effort on the website/facebook/youtube over the last year and a half, FCA India had decent-sized marketing budgets too.

Still, some such depressing denouement was inevitable I think, no matter what Nagesh et al ought to have done better. That is just what this marketplace is like, by now.

Good could come of it if the new MD can take the several hard decisions required now on the basic direction of the brand's efforts in India. Fiat India is a peculiar firm (given its unique-among-MNCs history in India) in a very difficult, unreasonable market context. Only a radical re-orientation of the brand away from the mass sub-10 lakh market could work?

FCA in India is rather profitable and the bet on Jeep will surely payoff handsomely (provided they don't have the same brand/car launch managers that Nagesh did, did not the head of marketing get the sack alongwith Nagesh?!)

Question is: what of 'Fiat' in India? The Fiat in India story is too much of a long-running 'saga'! Mr. Kevin Flynn needs to decide and then proceed to publicly enunciate plans/commitments, SOON, so that just a simple, modest, honest story, even if a short/small one, can be told say 2-3 years from now, rather than this tumultuous stuff, full of tension and turmoil.
    PradeepM likes this.
  10. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

Had very bad experience in one of the sales center last week to one of my friend.
    As per him when he visited the center with family there was no greeting from the sales executive and they didn't offer water for the sake of courtesy and told there is no test drive car due to some issues.
    He has travelled with me in all the state of roads and was pretty impressed by punto but after getting the above treatment he is really pissed of from FIAT.
    In the same road we have TATA,Hyundai and Renualt and Chevrolet but he never got this treatment on the same day with any of them listed above and he has now made up his mind to get zest or bolt.
    His family was dead against the decission in buying the Fiat and they have been proved correct :banghead:
    If this is the way the sales center treat the prospective customers then how we can expect turn around for FIAT.
    At one side our some of the forum members are arguing that FIAT has improved if this the improvement then JV with TATA was better atleast they were responding to queries.
    If somebody is reading from Fiat Please wake up to the reality.
    Raj_pol and PradeepM like this.