1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Thats true, but how do you deal with people complaining "if only they had a proper hatchback...i would.."
    Dealer floor space is non-issue, stocking and stockyards yes (extra invetory to clear). Besides they still have wild ideas about pricing the Avventura, which could do better with some more attractive pricing, maybe in future. The fact that many a parts and platform/design are shared is in favour of Fiat as far as ease of production is concerned.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 4, 2015 ---
    @prabhjot, what you say is a fact (for a court room argument :p), but consider this. There is good service, there is so-so, there is bad and then worst service. And then there is no service. I think we ought to be more delicate and discrete about our perception with the north-eastern states and other areas scarce of Fiat service. Lets treat these as exceptions with utmost empathy, shall we? :)
    We better not be showing the buyers their faults after them waiting so long for Fiat to get their act right in these states. I mean it will be a spectacle and further embarrassment to FIAT if these buyers manage to mass-rally against FIAT inaction with proper news coverage. Picture that..!
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    Rituraj, PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  2. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @prabhjot
    I don't agree with your comments of ass not providing and ask the customers to check the manual for not assuring it.
    Then I have to ask you the same question
    Tomorrow if they close down ass in your area will you think in the same way?
    will you forgive fiat? No way.
    If they have sold a product it will become their responsibility to provide ass.
    What we have paid for fiat is to treat us in equal manner.
    If fiat is thinking in your lines then fiat should stop these nonsense.
    This is where fiat is failed and market leaders are way ahead.
    If Again somebody talks about build quality that is least priority now imho because
    If you are not able to give peace of mind to the customers then what is the use of a tank.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    Rituraj likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    EXCEPT that for the vast majority of owners their 'peace of mind' on the spares and ASS question has indeed increased hugely over the last 2 years, since FASS went independent of Tata. To deny that is to show a selection bias of perception: forever harping on past frailties even when they have been addressed, not wholly (Jorhat is left out, for eg) but in full enough measure.

If we want the 'peace of mind' a Suzuki or Hyundai gives (am still to discover what real rather than fictive entity that is! Resale value?) AND the build, ride-handling-steering-braking-cutprices-warranties-discounts from Fiat....well, that is exactly what I at least have got.

If FCA were to shut down the FASS in my locality....i would understand it as just an instance of a firm that tried and failed in the local marketplace, such as it is. I took a risk, as does any car buyer from any car firm, so far I've been very glad to have done so, so are many friends and family, so are probably the vast majority of TFI-ians.

BUT if the risk does actualize....so what? It just means the firm tried and failed (or, was not afforded the chance to succeed). 'No big deal', 'shit happens', as the Americans say, that's what happens to some in the marketplace/baazar. Getting ASS service and spares even outside a FASS is not an insufferable calamity.

Does not mean one should not/never take the perceived risk. I'd rather take my chances on a a genuinely honest-good car and brand (including half-decent ASS centres and spares and warranties and prices and discounts) like Fiat than risk, to cite just one obvious one, extortion by Hyundai or Honda or probable death in a Maruti.

However, the vast vast majority of Indian car buyers are utterly risk averse, the most of any major car market in the whole world, and so this perceived exaggerated risk with Fiats is overwhelming, leading to these abysmal sales numbers. They are all too easily lured by the chimera of 'peace of mind'.

Only the slightly brave and independent/open minded buy Fiats I guess, which is why there are so few that sell each month!:p
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

Some day in the not-too-distant future, there will be multi-brand Service shops sporting signs "Maruti/Tata", "Fiat engines". There you will get spares and service, and then the shop person will indicate " oh by the way, we do sell Fiat cars too, in case you are interested".

Jokes apart- this whole Punto-Evo- Avventura branding is an utter flop. Linea seems to be (remarkably) holding its 100-200 monthly numbers.
    No person would be really able to tell the Avventura apart from the Punto Evo- they will think it is an after-market job. In fact, the other day, I attended that "free checkup " camp at Bavdhan. And there was an Avventura standing right behind an Evo.
    To be utterly honest, I really did not find anything significantly different other than the spare boot and some side cladding. The GC difference is also barely perceptible.
    To top it all, Fiat believes in "stealth" marketing. Even the Avventura ad thats currently running on TV is a "blink-and-miss" affair. In contrast, see how Hyundai is aggressively marketing the Verna-cheesy though it sounds, it strikes a chord with the attributes most dear to Indians.
    Fiat is just being utterly lazy and nonchalant about selling cars. The other manufacturers surely deserve their success.
    drknaresh, Raj_pol, vista7155 and 4 others like this.
  5. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Yes they had indeed done that. Recall the UNO bookings fiasco. Recall the period prior to the TATA-Fiat era when they simply fled the country, only to re-enter later. History suggests, they are not averse to quitting the scene, leaving owners to fend for themselves.

No, they never promised that. However, leaving an entire state without a single service point for so long is something that doesn’t reflect well on the attitude of a manufacturer. Besides, they never made any effort to reach out (through service camps) to several other owners who had raised genuine concerns during this period. Instead, they opted to resort to false assurances and plain lies. Moreover, it’s not about having a FASS at every ‘nook and cranny’, it’s more about having accessible service points in any particular state in proportion to the number of cars in that state. Again, nobody expects a FASS right in the neighbourhood. One in the 100km radius is fine for most owners. If a manufacturer isn’t good enough to provide that, then there is nothing wrong in criticising it, irrespective of whatever counter arguments you put forward.

I reiterate, the Guwahati FASS is not fully operational yet- it is still under construction.

I sometimes wonder what makes you jump up and down at Fiat’s defence whenever someone is critical about its operations. Any affiliations with Fiat? Irrespective of what the self-professed guardians of Fiat's reputation would like to believe, the sales figure indeed reflects the state of affairs. In Fiat's case, it's a sorry one.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    Raj_pol, vista7155 and jackharrisw like this.
  6. Major

Major Timido

Trivandrum
    Fiat Enthusiast
    See the FIAT Advertisemnet in today's local Malayalam daily

WP_20150305_07_55_46_Pro.jpg
    acechip, prabhjot and jackharrisw like this.
  7. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I will say at all times and places half hearted approach by Fiat in the past and may be in future.
    when we will be seeing the all guns blazing from Fiat at a same time for one lucky product ?
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    A similar ad in The Hindu today too. That ad was sick looking. It had a retro vintage colour theme. Just dont know which ad agency and who in fiat marketing is giving the flag off for such visuals that just dont sync with the eye. The other car manufacturers ads are a visual treat . Same is the case with the TV ads. Others give a visual of the inside and the feel good of the occupants, while the fiat ads are ads for ads sake. Time to change the agency just like Nagesh was shown the door.

Abdul
    Raj_pol and jackharrisw like this.
  10. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Guys let's consider this, all of us are In this forum for the love of it.
    Even though I regularly go through lot of auto news in the past, I was so naive, that I was not aware of Fiats strengths till I bought one and became a member in TFI.
    After Marvel opened shop on Erode , we can now see a good number of Fiats in our area.
    The only way we can thank Fiat for its great engineering and VFM is to convert more prospective car buyers to Fiat,by giving a lot of assurance and confidence from our side.
    I had convinced and made two of my friends buy a linea and Punto, which I had mentioned in an another post.
    Consider this,
    With TFI membership close to 10K, even if we are able to make some one buy one car in 6 months, 2 in an year, even if half of the total TFI'ns succeed, its 10000 more new Fiats on the road, more than what the Company is selling, let's be positive and enjoy our drive