1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    @Major At the worst you may have to drive down to Bangalore. FIAT has disowned owners in the past - particularly the North-East of India.
    I will not give you an emotional answer which is stupid - make a decision with the right data, at current levels FIAT does have a problem. The car is a decent package (the diesel versions, avoid the petrol) , however you will not get resale and if FIAT decides to leave the country, there is nothing and I repeat nothing that FIAT forum can do.

p.s. I own the EVO and thoroughly enjoy the vehicle. However, facts are facts and should be on the table.
    Rituraj and bharath like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    "Hello life in the Great Indian Car Baazar, again! But why are you leaving me, going away, again?" asked Fiat India, bewildered, bemused and battered.:sour::p

Service is the main revenue source for dealers. Even if your local dealer finds the sales franchise unviable, it is most unlikely that service facilities will be closed down. Besides, I believe Fiat has tied up with Mahindra First Choice for service and spares, so if there's one in your town...

There is no better car for better value including service and spares than a Fiat, buying one is NOT the risk you might feel it is, on superficial appearances. There already are plenty of Fiats on road to enable service centres to stay viably open for business for several years yet!

In any case, Fiat will likely keep trying for a few more years. In any case, FCA is investing in India for the Jeep dealerships and even for local manufacturing and assembly starting 2016, there's no way FCA will shut down Fiat franchises, at least not in the top 15-20 cities, Trivandrum being one, Kochi being another.
    asimpleson likes this.
  3. bibin

bibin Regolare

i dont believe the numbers....
    in the month of Feb-15, Kochi market with 2 dealership sold 50 cars as per the SA.

so Kerala market caters to more than 15% of market share in india, interesting!
    rishike007 likes this.
  4. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Linea 1.3
    I was expecting this figure....come on
    ciaz and City has touch screen ICE - linea has an Bluetooth ICE which doesn't stream audio

Punto 90hp's 0-100 timings are the same as celerio's

diesel mileage is same as that of a maruti's petrol
    We now have the swift dzire returning 26kmpl

Chuck this - fiat doesn't have a premium name like the Hyundai

But which box does FIAT tick the consumer wants?? Solid build and driving dynamics?? Sorry customer doesn't care

There is no USP for fiat that the common man would understand

fiat needs to stop being stubborn and ask what the common man wants or it is just going to end up like Nokia staying with Windows and not android, when they moved to android, it was too late.

So when they bring the 500x with 1.5 or 1.6 MJD it's going to be too late..END OF FIAT IS NEAR...
    pdash, Raj_pol and varoon9999 like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    There is IMO no way Fiat has invested so much in the independent dealerships only to see some/many of them shut down: they will keep supporting dealers, offering them credit/subsidies and/or (for a chosen few in the biggest cities) Jeep dealerships.

Such dealer-support needs/compulsions are STANDARD practice for car firms, anf Fiat is far from the only ones who have to do such propping-up work: VW, Skoda, Chevy, Nissan/Renault and Tata too are in a similar position, indeed often worse since they have more dealers in much more expensive real estate locations.

In any case: car sales are only 20-30% or LESS of FCA's India revenues, the other 70-80% yielding 200 crores+ of profit last year. These other revenues are INCREASING with the higher demand from Tata and Maruti for engines, transmissions, amt-s etc, indeed the bigger 1.6 and/or 2.0 litre mjd manufacture will add to that, as will local assembly and manufacture of Jeeps and the accompanying Tata SUV-s at the Ranjangaon JV over the next 2 years.

FCA is following a low-risk, conservative strategy for the Fiat brand in India, rightly so IMO. The one advantage of such an approach is that it allows them to support dealerships for long periods of time. In any case the business case for most FASS is decent enough.

I wouldn't worry at all about Fiat ASS support in at least the 15 biggest cities, irrespective of low sales numbers, irrespective of Fiat's reworked product-(re)launch plans.

BUT: FCA India new MD does need to build 'confidence' by publicly committing to a new plan, including for dealerships in low/no-sales areas. SOON.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot. Can you enlighten us as to how Fiat is supporting dealerships financially?
    Rituraj and joeswatmail like this.
  7. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Fiat getting shunned by the market isn't surprising. Serves them right! When you aren't bothered with your current customers, how do you expect to earn the faith of the mass market? It's not too long before Fiat decides to shut shop as they had done in the past.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    @Major, there are repeat buyers of Punto to Punto EVO and old Linea to old Linea too on this forum. Very recent cases. You ask these owners if their ownership experience was perfect, the answer would most probably be 'NO'. Let me assure you there is no perfect experience for a great no. of brands and dealerships. I think the crucial question you must ask yourself is what kind of peace of mind you expect from a vehicle. Does a competitive (brand) vehicle offer better peace at that price. Is that the most paramount thing, or there are other considerations that you WILL want to have in a product.

I hope my prior post has not mislead you in anyway and to repeat myself again please investigate for yourself rather than basing things on negative perceptions alone. Risks are not at critical levels to hit the panic button and bail out on Fiat. The forum is always there to suggest via media and solutions and believe me for Fiat to shut shop in India (which it probably won't) it won't be that easy, because there are rules to provide spares to customers for X no. of years even after shutting production of vehicle. Contrary to a fellow member's opinion we know you are definitely smart enough to not hold the forum responsible if at all there is a dooms-day for FIAT. ;):rolleyes:

Beside we are all in this together then if such a thing happens.. :D

It would be a pity (my personal opinion again) if you refrain from a nice product such as the EVO which still has a unique set of experience which still merits it being chosen over the others.

Take your time, no hurries, but choose the EVO..!o_O:D

Calling @jumu and @fernandeskaran to share experience as repeat buyers.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    GirishRaghu, Mabams1826 and prabhjot like this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

They have NEVER shut shop in India.

They just cut off from Tata, rightly so, since almost everyone other than the misfortunate ones in Jorhat etc were demanding it, and have benefitted immensely from the huge improvements in ASS and spares availibility since then.

YOU keep failing to acknowledge that YOU took a risk when you bought a Fiat, as you would if you'd bought any other car (the risks may've been different but they were there).

Where did Fiat promise to provide a ASS centre in every nook and crany of the country? Was such a commitment there in your warranty booklet?

Buying a car IS a risk one takes, that too on a depreciating asset. 'Too bad for you'. The same risk I've taken several times over the last 5-6 years has ONLY proven to've been totally worth it.

However it is not just genuinely aggrieved Fiat owners like you in Jorhat (and even you have a Guwahati and a Dimapur FASS option) who've corroded Fiat's image recently, despite the huge improvements made since the independent dealerships were launched.

I do feel several happy Fiat owners have, ironically, contributed in no small measure to the perception of a purchase of Fiats as being 'very/too risky'. By going on and on about Fiat's small model line up, by bitching repetitiously/incorrigably though falsely about engines/gearboxes, equipment levels, pricing, marketing, blah, blah and blah.

Fiat as a result is damned if they do, and damned if they don't!!

It may well be Fiat India's fault somewhere....but mostly in the deep past that some of us Fiat owners and of course the wider public keep trying NOT to forget/forgive, constantly raking up non-issues, endlessly nit-piking about Fiat's product planning, specifications, advertising etc.

'With ostensible fans like these....!', Fiat shoud be tempted to curse, under their breath!

Anyway, it is what it is, this market's mentality I mean, NOT the cars or their marketing.

Am looking forward to what Mr.Flynn has to say about the short and long term future actions of FCA in India. He should hurry up.

From my understanding of oem-dealer relationships: the oem often, as a standard procedure, provides subsidies and credit to dealers, IF required. The terms for these are, I believe, often even formally put down in legal-contractual form. This is so all over the world, for all car dealers/OEMs, often even super-luxury ones. My sense is that folks who signed on to be Fiat dealers knew the risks of sluggish sales, and would not have done so in the absence of 'credit guarantees' of different sorts. I know of at 2 dealer-owners in North India, who were always keener on getting the Jeep franchise, and only incidentally on Fiat.
    Mabams1826 likes this.
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

Let me propose a simple solution to at least ease the angst. Take the external spare wheel of the Avy, put it back in the boot , dismantle the wheel lever, and voila you have the Evo Avventura . And stop the Evo. (No offence to current owners).
    In any case, people won't notice either the presence or the absence of one type.
    So why waste 2 production lines, dealer floor space, stockyards etc.
    jumu and dadasaheb like this.