1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    January 2015

Punto + Evo + Avventura : 517

Linea : 395

Let the outbursts begin !!
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Compared to Dec'14 (Linea - 313 + Punto and Avventura - 490), slight increase, but way less compared to Jan'14.

Initially I was wondering why Fiat is not releasing Avventura numbers separately, but looking at the numbers, they did right thing to club with Punto :).
    pabhishek, dadasaheb and asimpleson like this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    For once I was hoping that the sales figures would reach the 4 figure mark. Disappointing numbers. Fiat still lies way down below the heap. Two direct issues quite visible here.
    1) Poor marketing
    2) Even poorer after sales.

I seriously hope Fiat India management is working a way out and racing against time to introduce the Punto/Avventura T-jet to bring the sales figures to decent numbers.
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @ghodlur +1 half baked product like Avvy and outdated only two cars which are not giving any features which the competition lacks apart from Fiat's characters are reasons for the poor sales.
    good thing that Evo and Avvy sales are combined as both are same apart from rear mount spare wheel.
  5. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    The numbers are not a surprise for me :p.
    We have speculated the numbers and remains in the same form until and unless Fiat wakes up from coma.
    Some body should give shock treatment for Fiat to wake up, so the question is who is going to do that :banghead:.
    With horrible service label Skoda is doing better then FIAT.
    Fiat management should be ashamed of the sales performance.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  6. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Linea 395 are surprising, I was expecting only 100-150, also seems Avvy does not able to increase the numbers as it seems cannibalizing Evo.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Ahmed Mubeen

Ahmed Mubeen Timido

chennai
    chennai
    Linea 1.3
    To me the product is still good the design and offerings just on par with the market , Only disadvantage is that what stops fiat from marketing these??? and after sale service needs a serious relook.
  8. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    IMO after sales has improved a lot, it is much better than what it is used to be during JV days. At least, I am happy with service in my city. I think where they lack is in tier-3 cities and small towns and they should start focusing on these now.

Cheers
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Biraj

Biraj Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    People tend to associate value to a product better, when there's a direct comparison. So, a customer in Fiat showroom evaluating an Avventura might find Linea a much more compelling buy especially when it's at similar price-point (due to discounts). I won't be surprised if the nos. that have increased for Linea are because of the presence of Avventura in the showroom. While Avventura is a great-product, it still is not able to carve a niche for itself. Many find it a 'neither here nor there' sort of product. I think, they made a mistake by launching it after Evo. It should have been launched first, and then Evo should have been launched as more sophisticated (rather domesticated) version of Avventura.

Anyway, what's done is done. So, Fiat India should now speed up the launch of T-jet options, and get rid of Linea classic. Linea classic doesn't sell but definitely dilutes the brand value of Linea.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I will say this again "you reap what you sow". With poor marketing, half-baked launches, pathetic service in certain parts of the country (or rather the absolute lack of it) and overall lackluster attitude, this is what is bound to happen.
    vista7155 likes this.