1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    sales figure may not always be true. micra always claims 1000 odd cars sold per month but we hardly see any on the road.
  2. cartoos

cartoos

New Delhi
    We should wait for Jan 11 sales and then jump to conclusion.
    Dec was month for to off load old stock for all the manufacturers.
    Like Maruti slaes to dealers were 91000+ but actual sell from dealers to customers were 138000+
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Even i am worried that the thread is not giving us the correct information, i had spoke to my friend in Fortune motors in Nerul, he said the sale of fiat car is growing up, and the people come directly towards the car and checking for the offers rather than niggling round in the showroom for the other cars in display.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Those are quite decent figures for a Dealer's 1-day sale for Fiat.
  5. In yesterdays Marathi news paper (Loksatta) i red that Tata & Fiat are going to "Malvani Festival" and showing their cars there :wow. Though sale is not great, 3-4 Lineas (or was it 6!) and 2 Nanos in overall in 5 days, at least people will come to know about the Fiat cars.
  6. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai
    I have mentioned this earlier on this forum and would like to reiterate the same.

Fiat does not sell because of poor brand image,period!

Todays car buyers are neo rich yuppies for whom image matters more than substance.
    Even if they are explained the better features of a Tjet the neo rich would still opt for a honda or volkswagon in the same segment purely because the City or Vento are considered "upmarket" whereas Linea is considered "down market"
    Why? Because it is a Fiat.

And how have Fiat acquired such an image?
    By neglecting the boom in the auto industry completely.
    When maruti,honda,hyundai etc were busy establishing themselves in India Fiat was trying to sell Palio(a brilliant car) without actually catering to the buyers' A.S.S. Needs.
    This put off even some die hard Fiat fans.

Today the after sales horror stories are legendary even if somewhat exaggeratedM
    And how does Fiat try to gain back lost foothold?
    By tying up with Tata Motors another "down market" brand.
    When you can't afford a Honda City you buy an Indigo!

On you tube there is a video of Schumy ad for Tjet. With F1 such a craze in India it wouldn't have done Fiat any harm to air that ad in India.
    In one stroke they wouldve upped the brand value a few notches.

Many first generation car buyers have no clue how big Fiat is internationally.

And looks like Fiat India is doing its best to keep this fact a closely guarded secret.

Fools like us are ruining their plans by shouting from the rooftops how good the car really is!

Hope Fiat doesn't sue us for tarnishing their "down market" image!
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I have said this in the past and I say it again.

Fiat has to showcase it's techonological prowess and range of cars to India. Best way to do this? Road show. Take a couple of Alfa Romeo's, Ferrari's, Maesarati's, Lancia's & even F1 Ferrari's on a road show across India, have them displayed in showrooms across metro's, invite journo's to drive the car, make a splash in newspapers, auto mags and TV shows. That is, of course provided, Fiat wants to launch Alfa's and Maserati's here and don't want them to get associated with Fiat brand in India!
  8. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    The following article appeared in INDIANEXPRESS.Com today .

The distribution JV between Tata Motors and Italy's Fiat could be on the rocks. Fiat India Automobiles, the 50:50 joint venture between the two companies, has asked global consultancy firm Accenture to review its own “economic viability.”

In this context, senior officials of Tata Motors and Fiat have formed a joint-steering committee (JSC). Accenture would report to the JSC and submit its report shortly.

Apart from reviewing the distribution network of the JV, Accenture would also study the financial health of the Italian subsidiary. As per the company’s profit and loss statement filed with the Registrar of Companies (RoC), in the financial year ended March 2010, Fiat India had posted a loss of approximately Rs 290 crore.

Although the company's senior management has said that Fiat would be able to break even by 2011-12, it still looks a tall order. Sources said while initially the two companies would set up indigenous dealerships and distribution networks, a complete separation is not ruled out in the future.

Unquote
  9. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    yesterday i visited fortune cars in sakinaka for linea EP 1.3 D. There were 2 sales girls asked me that whether I want 2010 model or 2011. There is no offer on 2011 model but insurance was free on 2010. Also they don't have a test car because they already sold the test drive vehicles and they are going to receive 2011 model as test vehicles. Also I asked her about the response for Linea. She told me that there is a lot demand for diesel linea. but still car is available in 15 days? So, I think no need to panic about sales. because Fiat has deliberately lower down the production for 2011 mfg Cars. Hope 2011 will be good for Fiat.
  10. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Today I Visited Prerana Motors to get the Manual for T Jet (was given Linea Manual during the delivery of the car). During my interatcion with the sales guys they had mentioned that they had a total booking of more than 110 nos of Fiat cars (In all three show rooms) in December and some of those booking balance delivery is going on now. But sales in January is very less as of now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.