1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tata Motors overtakes Hyundai as India's second-biggest car maker.
    Details - http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 117739.cms
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good to see that... on the TATA FIAT colab FIAT should move ahead which is not the case always..
  3. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    The Sales figures of FIAT seems to have settled down in the range of 2200 - 2300. Also, i dont see any efforts to better these figures.

Just see how Volkswagen advertised the Overpriced, Underpowered & Feature Less Polo, Kudos to them, and the same goes for GM, What a come back..!!

I wonder Why can't FIAT learn from these guys, they have 2 World Class Products in their armour, and features which can put the other Overpriced cars to shame. From the Avertisements which were on Air sometime back, i could summarise that there was no explanation of the Features that their cars have and the general customer is unaware of these interesting features, the general customer confuses the Blue & Me with the Blue5 Tech available in the Indigo Manza & the Bluetooth functionality available in the ford Figo. I am writing this as i have personally experienced these kind of questions from the perspective buyers & friends.

Also, i can see no efforts to start promoting the GP VGT, as the launch is very near they should have taken all the routes to promote the car, be it the Print Media & on Air. They should have atleast started the Teasers like "Coming Soon" or something. They should better start thinking on the same ASAP, because the competition is gorowing at a very fast pace.

These are some of my thoughts, as a FIAT Enthusiast..!!
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Sanjeev, the problem is we are more enthusiastic about Fiat then Fiat themselves!
  5. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    its very sad to see that Fiat India is so slow to react. they have world class cars , world class engines, world class technology but still cant sell cars in india. Punto VGT is taking light years to be launched . Linea T-jet is no where in the scene, so is Linea 1.6 MJD. Punto T-jet is just a dream. all the imp cars--entry level cars uno,palio and the india specific small will be launched in 2012 or 2013 0r dont know when . probably when they r outdated. i think Fiat chairman shud be looking into its indian arm for the desired result.
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Very true Amit...
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sales Break-up for June 2010 (source - Tbhp)
    Linea - 850
    Punto - 1273
    Palio - 14
    500 - 0
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    That means, this time Linea sales seems to have tumbled a bit - 850 instead of around 1000 whiloe Punto almost maintained its monthly average.
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes fom last month Linea sales is down 250 and that is compensated by Punto, so total sales are same.

So people are waiting for T-Jet now??
  10. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    Did you guys read the latest Overdrive issue? There is a comparison between i20,Ritz and Polo diesel cars. They rated the most expensive and the slowest(more than 16 seconds for 0-100kmh) of the lot, Polo as the best. Reason ?.. Because of it's superior handling and ride :). How can the magazines be so shamelessly biased ?. They conveniently ignored Punto(also Figo )from the list.

Looks like VW is spending the money wisely in promoting Polo. What is FIAT doing ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.