1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    All I want to say is that think about it, because the image FIAT had in India prior to the launch of Linea/Punto; had any SENSIBLE businessmen taken up the dealership for FIAT?
    If u were a car dealer, would you have, knowing that they hardly sell 1000 cars a year in India?
    Therefore, a tie up was inevitable!
  2. That's True Ichimaru! But Tata JV is not working in favor of FIAT. I keep on hearing the stories from people from other cities and town that when you go to Tata showroom and ask for Fiat cars they show you Tata cars first and tell lot of stories of how this car is better and also cost less. One of known person to me went to Tata and asked for Punto. Sales executive showed him Indica and told that it has all those features that Fiat has from engine to ..... :hit so why pay couple of lacs more to get the same feature in Fiat!!! :A

Neither Nissan not Volkswagen had name in India. But they started on their own and doing better than Fiat. So may be this is a time to move out of JV and start on their own.
  3. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    agree on the 1st part.
    Its high time FIAT does something about the sales teams.

But Nissan and VW never had a name in India, while FIAT a really really bad one. Being an MBA student of marketing I know that rebuilding the brand is a task considered almost impossible in most of the cases, which is what FIAT is trying to do and it will take time.
  4. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Today was talking to a dealer in Bangalore, he told for this month(Jan) they have not even got a walk in inquiry for a t-jet.
    he said the petrol sales had picked up after t-jet and most of they sales have been multijet(linea).
    he also said punto is losing out a lot to nissan after they started diesel.
    So all in all he said it is not sounding good. he said they are planning some events in some malls to promote the t-jet and thats about it !!

Being a first time fiat customer, I actually did not feel anything bad either in pre-sales or service(so far). Also when i wrote to fiat for an odo blinking issue, they responded in a few hours and assigned a ticket to the service guys.

We have been discussing what needs to be done, how it needs to be done etc etc. But the people who matter most and who should look into this are silent !! :)
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Today I met with a Fiat official. He confirmed that Market Strategey is still under control of FIAT only ::O . New Ads are being developed, new stretgies are taking place. All in all we have to wait till feb\Mar 2011 :mrgreen: and we'll see major improvement in this area :wow .

I discussed about low sale figures in Nov and Dec. He laughed when I asked about 271 cars sold in Dec. He asked me that where from I got this information....I told, from website of Tata Motors. Then he told me that Dec sale was 1900+ (1961 he remembered). He received an internal mail containing this info. In Nov FIAT sold 2000+ cars. Also told that puntos is leading Linea slightly.

I can belive on him based on past. Fiat is silent and this can be "Toofan se pehli ki Shanti" :devilface . Lets wait n watch.
  6. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Well thats great news if its indeed true.
    Honestly, the new FIAT's you see and from what people report, add to that 175+ sales points; 271 was hard to believe for me.
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I find it tough to believe the FIat officials numbers of 1961. we get these info from reports of TATA motors which are available in the public domain. In that case none of the numbers we have been seeing in the TATA monthly sales reports are true. Either FIAT or TATA are lying 1961 and 2000s are pretty decent nos to highlight especially when apprehensions are around to buy a product of a company whose sales are falling and there have been a lot of similar concerns expressed in this forum. FIAT needs to come clean on this and lift our moods
    The minimum FIAT could have done was to mail or call one of our mods and informed that the nos are not that dismal as in the DEC report, or apprised us as to how the nos are arrived otherwise. The billed by FIAT to TATA does not tally with the previous months reported figures. Why not give the figures to the other press and media. FIAt figures are never mentioned anywhere else. :confused :confused

Abdul
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    All figures which are reported in public domains are primary sales figures i.e. Manufacturer to Dealer.

May be Fiat official is talking about the secondary sales figure i.e. Dealer to customer when he says 1961
  9. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Fiat's sale target was around 40000 cars but actual was lesser than this. I think Fiat might handover cars to Tata as per target (3333 per month) but due to low sale TATA was always having ready stock and they demanded less number in year end. That may be reason for low number refelected by Tata.

If that Fiat official was correct means Tata was able to bill around 2000 + Fiat cars to customers every month. According to this, Fiat was able to achieve around 62.5% of target. Target is always beyond expectations hence Fiat's performance was not very bad in 2010-2011 which was backed up by bad ASS image.

Do you guys see any recovery path from here...
  10. mayur

mayur

Thane, Mumbai
    Dunno if this is a correct thread or not. but today i took the delivery of my GP from Galaxy Motors Mulund. This is Tata-Fiat Showroom and they had 13-14 deliveries today & I could see around 4 tata cars and 9-10 Fiat car :shocked :shocked .around 6 punto were delivered today and ofcourse other were linea
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.