1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Dear NK4FIAT

FIAT always try to sell its product without advertisements. :A

I remember from days of FIAT UNO, FIAT shows ad on tv for very little time.

I do not understand why FIAT makes less expenditure on TV Commercials ?

I think FIAT has not learnt Marketing Strategy. Even Maruti is serious about TV commercial now.

In the field of advertisements, Bajaj is winner. See each ad of Bajaj,you will observe that Bajaj makes every ad with so much attractive that Ad touches to your heart. & person remembers that Ad for many years.

Many members might have seen following ads of Bajaj.

1) BULAND BHARAT KI BULAND TASVEER :- In this ad,all bajaj models are shown with differant emotions.

2) KAWASAKI BAJAJ 4S CALIBUR " The unshakable" :- In this ad a young man visits his college girlfriend. But when he meet her, he see " Mangal Sutra" in her neck,he doesn't become sad. He gives a small puppy dog to her son as a gift . & starts his new journey of life.

So the slogun deserves BAJAJ 4S CALIBUR " The Unshakable"

FIAT should make this type of ads which should touch the hearts of buyers.

By the way,when you are coming to Ahmednagar ?
  2. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Fiat will never change. everything has fallen to deaf ears. these guys will become aggressive only in 2012 till then they will sleep, sleep and sleep. there is no plan from Fiat to revive from the slump. infact they dont want. they are happy to sell their engine to maruti, tata and which ever company wants it.

we are more concerned about Fiat more than the people who are suppose to be. its going to be double digits sales figures soon with launch of liva, brio, new swift, etc, etc.

even bullock carts will sell more than Fiats in coming days. may be future bullock carts will come with MJD 90 BHP in near future and our Fiat India will be happy about it coz they love sleeping, sleeping and sleeping.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Donno, why the Concerned peoples are not aware of the adv placed in commercial by various auto companies,
    Hope they realize soon,
    It will pick up the sales if more n more adv are paled in Tv commercials and Local Newspapers.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I was watching one AUTO show on TV. That time I get to know that Checy BEAT is coming with Diesel engine 1.3 57 BHP & they also mentioned that its FIAT engine. Now what you all guys will say about this. FIAT is providing its GEM to GM also. Why dont they launch a car below Punto priced between 3 to 4 lacs to give competion to Maruti Wagen R, A star etc.. like these scraps..... :)
  5. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    I dunno how many of you would agree with me here and I apologize if my post offends someone but I have to write this.
    One of the major reasons of the declining sales (less sales) of FIAT cars is the attitude of people, specially those who never owned one or those who dislike FIAT for some biased reason(s)!

Now let me clarify, we are all humans and biases upto a certain extent is only obvious but only to a certain extent!

I will quote an example here something that i had been planning to post since weeks.

For all those who are regular members or visitors of other forums must be knowing the brilliant reviews by certain members.
    These guys write brilliant reviews, though they have a certain element of bias but like i said earlier, its only obvious as we are humans. Trust me I ask people to read some of these reviews before buying a car but one thing really irritated me to no ends!

I was going through a thread on another forum where a prospective C+ buyer was confused between the Vento D and the Linea TJET.

Some of the replies were like this:

"Vento D can SMOKE a Linea TJET in the mid range".
    Fair enough, Vento has a better mid range than the TJET, but can you people feel the tone here?

Why this irritated me was..
    there had been so many Linea vs Honda City thread in team bhp, and I never saw a comment from them which said Linea MJD can Smoke a City in the mid range.
    At the most they have been like " Linea has a good mid range but is a slow mover or not meant for enthusiasts"

Can you sense the difference in the tone here?
    Mind you, Linea MJD is even faster (or almost equally paced in mid range) than the mighty 150 BHP monstrous Cruze!
    Why was it never mentioned that Linea MJD can SMOKE a City in Mid Range? and trust me it can!

People are biased to no ends even I am, but for some particular reason(s) FIAT is always the prime target. All this has done is make me realize that even I have to go a little over board with all the good things I say about FIAT and trust me I can list atleast 10-15 people who either hated or did not know about FIAT, started liking it because of me!

Call me a FIAT fan boy, I don't really care. In fact I am proud to be a FIAT fan.
    Peace Out.
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

For the last 3 months, i havent seen a single Advertisement in Times of India, delhi or Noida . That is absolutely Ridiculous.

@Ichimaru, dnt worry, you wont get banned. Saying the right things never got nyone into trouble. :)
  7. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Yes, I don't understand what stops FIAT from advertising in India.
    They should realize that Indian market is very immature and is vulnerable to advertising, specially TV adds!
    I remember in 2002-03 there were some really superb adds of Palio/Siena on the TV and even of the Palio NV!
    I wish they approach the GOD OF CRICKET to advertise for them again.
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

I would love his signatures on my Jet. I would give nything for it.
  9. Untill Fiat remains with TATA it's gone. Thats it. As a kid (11 year old) I remember few great ads for Palio by tendulkar, tendulkar & Kambli, Schumi. Google it, u'll get to know. Now what we have? Not even one promising ad. It's not a big deal for Fiat to advertize wisely when they can own Ferrari, Maserati, Jeep, Dodge, Alfa Romea etc etc, isn't it? but they still are not. My plan was to buy a Punto, now I am really scared. I have few hopeless experiences with TATA guys repairing my Palio. Thank god my mechanic Venkatesh(Gowri Fiat, Bangalore) saved me. He won't be able to work on Puntos and Lineas unless he gets an analyser which is not possible. Even he was takling to me about it, how can I get a analyser, I dont think it's possible cos Fiat will only give it to Authorized TATA dealers.

I have a friend's friend woring in TATA-FIAT. All you guys are under warranty for now, so all is well. Heard cost is too much on spares later. Not that anything happens but if in case then we are screwed.

Recent incident, Fuel injector failure in my palio.
    Prerana - Called them friday, they invite me on Saturday. Saturday I go, Sir you haven't taken an appointment, come next monday. Wow.
    Green Tracks - Opens the bonnet, One Injector is broken out of the assembly. Mechanic: Sir, 2 injectors are gone, pay the advance we will get you in a week, 10K plus labour. wow
    Venkatesh, Gowri Fiat - I don't understand how the hell injector is broken out of the assembly.. Anyways, he calls Concorde to get parts, they say 4500. He says, you are not spending 4.5k for one injector. Just wait for 10 mins I will come. Comes in 10 mins, injector fixed. 2k.

Tata guys are screwing up Fiat cars like hell and it's getting worse and worse day by day. All we can do is just wait and hope for the best. Unless Fiat moves out of Tata, I am not buying a Fiat neither would I suggest someone although I am a crazy Fiat fan.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    There is not a simple solution to it.
    Tata also given Fiat the scale. Just see how many service centers are in Bangalore.
    Fiat alone can't work in India. Their sales are low and without any partner, they have to shut it down. Or even if they may have few service center, reaching them might be a difficult task.
    The experience with service center will be more or less, whatever brand you buy. I have Maruti also, and the experience is no better. Why everybody is praising Maruti, because it has wide network. Skill and other things are similar.

And this statement is rubbish.
    The spare parts cost doesn't increase if your warranty is over. Price remains same and actually it is very competitive, even compared to Maruti.

Just compare the maintainance cost of other similar car. My friend has i20 - Petrol, and i know his maintanance cost is almost 2 times than my Punto Diesel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.