1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Punto cannot be compared to alto. alto is small and light car, it can accelerate in any gear. Fiat cars commands a better driving style.
  2. redbull

@Sumit - I really don't understand this statement. Alto is lighter car but it has much less powerful engine.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

less powerfull engine+Lightweight body+Tall Gear Ratio = India's most Fuel efficent Cars ::D
  4. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    :confused I thought this is the sales thread ::O :hijacked [*]:confused
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    The above is quite funny.

The plan is to increase sales from 70K to 130K. Fiat's target for 2010 was 50K units, they barely managed 20K! Instead of talking big, they should focus on getting their sales from 20K to 35K and then to 50K and then to 70K. Are you doing sales of 70K currently to talk big? Are you even close to doing 70K?!

Marchionne says that he is totally satisfied with their position in India and their relationship with Tata! He is totally satisfied with sales of 20K in a booming car market. Is he satisfied with a 150% drop in sales target in a market where other car makers are seeing increases of about 40%? As for them being happy with Tata, I sure hope this statement is only for the media and there is a slugfest going on in Fiat's conference room at Ranjangaon with Tata officials.
  6. saugdas

No doubt FIAT sales is plummeting with such people at the helm of affairs..... :firey . God knows how they are managing the other booming markets..may be they have at least better people there while in India, as they have said..they are happy and content.
  7. redbull

If I wanted a petrol car, I would buy T-Jet even if it would cost 12 lakhs ex-showroom. At this price point it is a steal. I hope FIAT realizes the kind of opportunity it is missing.
  8. sachi

sachi Timido

Fiat has world proven Multijet engine which powers the Maruti Swift and they are selling like hot cakes. why cant the FIAT concentrate on sales and leverage with all the range of vehicles being sold in India. I really dont want to see FIAT selling very few cars in a month when they have such good vehicles.
  9. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

I think most of us resonate the thought that Fiat makes good vehicles in india, and are lacking in generating the numbers as that of the competetors.

I have a question for the folks at TFI who had the previlege to meet Rajeev Kapoor as part of the Fiat visit. Any thoughts on this pointer? Any of us have asked questions on these lines?
  10. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Now 10 days are over after record breaking low sales of FIAT (275 units) in Dec'10.
    What is action/response from FIAT? Any print Advtz? Any TV commercial? Any hordings? No No and simply Big No !! :A

Complete silence!! Shhhhhhh!!!

Now take example of Tata Motors. The moment nano recorded lowest sales of 509 units in Nov'10, within 2 days we found full page Advt for week in all leading news papers featuring aggressive yellow color, 4 years of warranty, added safty features and what not. Within 15 days the TV commercial featuring a girl excited with Nano arrival in small town "Aaa gayii" targeting clearcut lower/middle class customer, showing rural roads to prove toughness of car.The advt. were bombarding till today and what is the outcome?

Zooooooming sales of nano by 10 times in Dec'10 with 5784 units!!!! ::T

Why FIAT is waiting till coma/death and then starts corrective actions which is of no use.
    Are they waiting for sales figure of all units together fall within 2 digits?
    As a hardcore FIAtian I don't want to bash, but really n frankly it is very difficult to keep quiet. :hit

The silver logo on red bachground is like "om" for us. Whenever we see that logo at any place, we feel something different.A kind of attchment. FIAT family.

God please give them enough willpower to take right decision at right time!!!!! And please don't kill one of the best brand in the world with very rich heritage in India. Please save them!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.