1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    Absolutely right, good dimension to the discussion. :cool ::T
    But where will you go for your 2nd year service Mr Cartoos if FIAT shuts shop India in the mean time? ::O
  2. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    +1 to cartoos.
    @above
    FIAT did not shut shops in India in 2004-05 when every magazine said they would. FIAT always said they are here to stay and they did (remember opel??).
    What makes you think after investing so much in India they will leave.
    no offenses, but its completely irrational to think they will leave India.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I have a question.
    Wasn't this existing JV agreement with TATA till 2011?? and since now that has come,what happens next??
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Re: Fiat India - Sales Thread

no offence. my only concern for bad reputation about fiat in india is such comaprisons. and that is why such a great product is little less than mockery.

i think i never ever heard anybody or at least a fiat owner saying "my car is good looking and give safer feelings to ride compared to i20 and swift, so i dont care about them.

but here i saying it!!!
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bala, from you got to know about the end date of JV?
  6. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    I do hope your words come true Ichimaru, because I'll also be in trouble if FIAT leaves India (more than you because there may be some arrangements for servicing in Metros. But the suferers will be in B and C tier cities). Anyway, I do not want to spell doom, the only concern which provokes me to think in that direction is 'Business Sense' - how will a company/product survive by selling just 1200cars in 2 months?
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't worry, the current cars being sold by Tata-Fiat JV, and in any case Tata is legally bound to service the cars sold.
  8. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    That sounds good Ravi. Do you mean that even if TATA-FIAT JV expires, TATA is bound to service the cars which they have already sold to us? So TATA will also continue to make the spares ?
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    See, what i understand, currently both Tata and Fiat have 50-50 share in JV. If JV fails, somebody has to buy others share. Whoever buys the shares will also have to carry the obligations. Suppose, Tata buys, they have to do the servicing, if Fiat buys, they have to set-up their own service center.

Its similar to Mahindra and Logan. Mahindra has bought all shares from Logan and they continue to sell and service logan cars.

And let us not speculate something which is denied so many times by both Fiat and Tata. ::D
  10. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India

Just for a clarification, we own a palio 1.2 nv sport (march 2004) in Jaipur, which is one of the most difficult FIAT products to get serviced; specially for procuring spare parts!
    As far as I am concerned, I love the Palio, and every time I drive (read abuse) it, It makes me smile! I appreciate other cars for what good they have but I am yet to find a car as good as Palio this side of 5L.
    Have not driven the polo 1.6 but prior to its launch palio 1.6 was the best (performance) hatch in India IMHO. Give me a brand new S10 Canary Yellow today and It'll be the car I OWN :devil
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.