1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    In Pune there are seperate Sales team for FIAT & TATA.
  2. gagi_vid

gagi_vid

Belgaum
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Nothing can save Fiat if they continue with this maun vrat. It's the Palio history repeating itself all over again - even Fiat's response to falling sales is the same - stellar silence!!

I haven't driven the Polo, but feel that the horrible first and second gears spoiled Punto / Linea sales. Fiat got the engines all wrong and they made it worse by that stupid gearing. To add to it, Indica's and Indigo's felt lighter on their feet and offered sprightly performance over Punto's and Linea.

Fiat should never have offered the same engines as Maruti & Tata. They tried to price their products with these giants and failed. What they should have done was gone in for a premium positioning of their products over competiton. From outside their cars already look more expensive then compeition, they should have worked on the interiors and engines. Punto maybe a small car in Europe but here it's a premium hatchback, you cant' have the same logic applying globally, every market is different, every customer is different and you have to offer what your customer wants, not what you have.

A person considering a Fiat has different expectations then someone looking at Tata, Maruti & Hyundai. If I am going to get from a Fiat what I get from Maruti, why should I buy a Fiat?

Stop this timid approach of yours. Stop it at least now because clearly it has failed. Give some zing to your products. What a insult it is to have your Punto in zillion variants with zillion engines doing less then 100 units while a Polo with 3 variants each in 2 engines does almost 2500 units!

I know Fiat doesn't care but I am still giving my suggestion of your new revamped product range:

Grande Punto 1.4 L 90bhp Dynamic
    Grande Punto 1.4L TJET 113bhp Emotion
    Grande Punto 1.4L TJEt 113bhp Emotion Pack.

Grande Punto 1.3MJD 93hp Dynamic
    Grande Punto 1.3 MJD 93bhp Emotion
    Grande Punto 1.3 MJD 93bhp Emotion Pack.

Grande Punto 1.6L MJD 110bhp Emotion
    Grande Punto 1.6L 110bhp Emotion Pack

Linea 1.4 TJET 113bhp - All Variants
    Linea 1.6L MJD 110 bhp - All Variants.

Let's take a look at your competition - upcoming competiton.

Fiesta is coming with a 1.6L diesel.
    New Verna is coming. Even if engines are same, the car looks bloody good. Let's not harp on better steering and handling in the Linea. Nobody gives a sh** about that.
    Vento already has a 1.6L diesel.

After all this, Linea brand manager talks about wanting to stablise sales with existing 1.3L engines. Open your eyes folks, sales are NOT stabilising! It's not even dwindling, it's CRASHING!!!

What is your game plan for the Punto to counter competition from Etios Hatch and Honda Brio? Silence?!
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Tall Gear Ratio is only for drag race. FIAT Cars are made in point of Drivability not on performance.

FIAT car gives performance, From 3rd gear onwards nobody can beat FIAT car in acceleration.

Take TD of Manza/Vista.Too much tall gear ratio is not useful in city driving. :uh
    Frequently Gear changes are there. :A

I agree that atleast linea should be upgrade to 1.6 due to its bulky weight & size ::T
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    :clap

+1 to that.

so is the reason why i i opted for fiat and loving it so much.

i have no complaints or regrets regarding the quality of the car. only issue which can be very much ignored for a safer life is the racer in me have to step back. but i believe it should be for goodness only.
  6. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Fiat India is going to have a real tough time in 2011 if they dont gear up for the the comptetion. every company is bringing a new car. maruti - new swift, ford- fiesta, honda-brio, m&m-mini xylo, gm- beat diesel, uva facelift, toyota- liva the list goes on.

Fiat is struggling to bring the small car in the 4 lakh segment. it may come in 2012. absolutely ridiculous thinking.

Punto has to chop off some varients which are just a waste . i think the right line shud be something like this.

Petrol:
    Grande Punto 1.2L 68 BHP Trendz (4 lakhs)
    Grande Punto 1.2L 68 BHP Active(4.25 lakhs)
    Grande Punto 1.4L 90 BHP Emotion (5 lakhs)
    Grande Punto 1.4L 90 BHP Emotion Pack

Diesel:
    Grande Punto 1.3L 76 BHP Trendz (4.5 lakhs)
    Grande Punto 1.3L 90 BHP Active (5 lakhs)
    Grande Punto 1.3L 90 BHP Emotion (6 lakhs)
    Grande Punto 1.3L 90 BHP Emotin Pack (6.5lakhs)

if it comes in T-jet or 1.6 MJD it shud be the icing on the cake.

Fiat has to look seriously in to this if they want to survive in india. all the car companies are trying to spark a price war.

if Fiat is not investing in ads then atleast invest in people and its cars
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Most of the test drives are done in city limits where people find the Ritz , i20 zippy while the Punto seems ponderous and hence it got the tag of underpowered. You can barely go in third gear in city limits and sales guys are too lethargic and dis-interested to show the true highway prowess of FIat cars to prospective customers. This is where Fiat cars lose out to competition. Like I said, you have to give the market what the market expects not what you want to give.

Current range of Fiat cars are neither driveable easily in city nor have performance. What Fiat needs to do is bring back the soul of the Palio 1.6 in it's current range - that car had both driveablity & performance.

Think about it, Fiat has never understood our market. They brought the Palio 1.6 in 2002 when the market was not ready for a powerful hatchback. When the market did mature to accept that 100bhp hatchback they came in with a heavy 90bhp hatch which had neither performance nor driveablity nor best in class mileage. India & Indians don't care about ride & handling and steering and high speed stability.

Ours is a country where you will see Alto's doing 140kmph consistantly, we believe in putting an idol of our favourite God on the dashboard and then driviing at concorde speed believing that our lord will take care of us!!

Do you know what sells in India, Fiat?

Widespread & good service network - Maruti & Hyundai.
    Snob value - VW , Skoda - 3 cylinder engines with 6 months waiting!!
    cheap cars with compromises all over - Tata & Maruti.
    Resale - Maruti.
    Ease to drive - All Japanese & korean cars.

Nobody here knows what steering feel is. People call the playstaion like steering of Hyundai good and the darting all over the road SX4 as brilliant on highways. Either give the market what they want or take the harder route out and educate your buyer's about your superiority over other's.

Fiat has failed to do both.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    ??

i am not happy to note that statement!!!
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Why do you want FIAT if you want all what others are offering? Think on this and then probably know what FIAT is all about.
  10. golububi

golububi

Chennai
    Given that some mebers are quite apprehensive about Fiat's India plan, following from Fiat Global CEO would be useful

http://www.overdrive.in/story-blog-blog ... 232-0.html

The plan for India is to increase sales from 70,000 to 130,000, representing a 5 per cent market share in 2014. The Grande Punto and Linea will continue and there will be a new B-sector model in 2012. Described as ‘New Small’, the B car will replace the Palio and is related to the New Uno developed for Brazil.
    Marchionne said that Fiat would build on the 50:50 joint venture with Tata, established in 2007, and he saw no need to change their production and sales arrangements because of the Chrysler deal. But he admitted that the idea of Fiat and Alfa sharing platforms or components with Tata’s Jaguar and Land Rover had been overtaken by the alliance with Chrysler and Jeep.
    About Fiat’s plans for India, Marchionne replied: “I am totally satisfied with our position in India and our relationship with Tata. After all, we are not trying to conquer the world…”

so Fiat is India for long haul ....they do not want compete with everyone, give Tata some tech advantage same cater a select group of customers ... :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.