1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rameshjoshi

rameshjoshi Amatore

Exactly same thing happened with me. What fiat really needs is to get divorced from tata and have it's own dealers and service network. What is killing fiat is tata. Deliberately. Fiat, are you listening?
  2. cartoos

New Delhi
    EW DELHI: Retail car sales zoomed to the highest level in December as year-end discounts prodded customers to buy new cars.

Maruti Suzuki, the country's largest car maker, topped charts with its retail sales touching record 1.38-lakh mark in December, 54% higher than the 89,469 cars it dispatched from its factories in the same month. Ditto for Hyundai Motors that sold over 51,000 cars as against a wholesale figure (number of cars dispatched from factories ) of 26,168 cars. While Honda Siel India sold over 6,200 cars in the same month, Toyota sold over 7,500 cars.

"The general buoyancy in the market coupled with the best deals of the year peaked retail demand in December. While sales was robust for the entire year many of the customers delayed purchase decision resulting in the much higher than expected sales in December," said Hyundai director (marketing & sales) Arvind Saxena.

The huge demand this year was backed by a series of new launches such as Ford Figo and Volkswagen Polo. Carmakers believe that dynamics of the Indian car industry has totally changed with the average age of customers purchasing new cars down to 32 years from 39 years in the past decade.

"The changing demography of customers has helped to sustain the market this year. Coupled with it the better take off of sales resulted with the onset of discounts which were virtually absent from most of 2010," said Toyota deputy MD (marketing) Sander Singh .

Good retail sales in December also saved a large number of customers from the new year's price hike when cars became dearer by around Rs 3,000 for the entry level models going up to Rs 40,000 for the top-end ones.
    Source: Economic times, Delhi, Dated 5/Dec/2011.

This article shows clearly that actual retail sale is much higher for all the brands than dispatches from the Factories, which we happen to see here.
    In my opinion all the car makers have learnt their lesson after so many years, how to empty their backyards.
    I myself have bought new car on Dec.22 and witnessed how crowded these showrooms were.
    So, take Dec, sales with pinch of salt and wait for Jan sales to arrive at any decision whether any company has doomed or not.
    Visit to their factory on Dec. 3rd, we could not see any stock of Linea and Punto though there were 40 odd Palios and lot of Manzas in the yard.
    One more thing Linea, Punto, Palio and Manza are made on same platform, so the factory output there is around 200 to 250 cars per day.
  3. redbull

I have heard this over and over but I have a different experience. None of the three dealerships in Bangalore, Concorde, Prerana, KHT - even mentioned a TATA car as an alternative to Punto. Infact they were a tad more eager to sell Punto than the Advaith Hyundai guy trying to sell i20 CRDI.

I *think* FIAT has now kept separate sales people.
  4. In Hyd, both Concorde and Tejaswi have separate people for service and sales for FIAT cars.
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    I have this info from reliable (read insiders) sources to share :

These figures that are reported are "wholesale" figures .
    Wholesale is what FIAT sell to Tata motors (distributor). It is this sale that gets reported

Retails are what dealers actually sell. FIAT has had the highest retails in Dec. 2010.

Also , due to year end, there was a major stock correction going on ...

Now, jan figures will speak for itself
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes this is known that the figure is not actual retail sales figure but the Wholesale figure.

Even then the total sales of Fiat remains same for the year. Stock clearance means they had generated a big stock, which is also not a great sign for Fiat.
  7. keshav

Even during my interaction with the sales guy, he never suggested me to go for TATA car. It will be difficult to have FIAT only service network, with such low volumes. I bought FIAT car only because it was backed by TATA. FIAT has to work with TATA to improve the overall ownership experience.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

I interacted with two sales guys before booking Punto, both never mentioned Tata, but some how a Tata salesman got hold of my phone number and tried to push Indica Vista to me. He pushed so hard that I finally agreed to do a TD. So gave him a time slot and went to showroom for TD, that fellow was not available, I waited for about 30mins, paid the advance for Punto and left. Just then the Vista guy called and I said, sorry, I waited for 30mins, now you are too late.. :mischievous
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

When I bought my Linea in Oct 2009, the sales executive at Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore, informed me that he was dealing with Linea exclusively and there were separate team for Tata vehicles. He was a thorough professional salesman, but he is not working there anymore!
  10. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Yes, i too dealt with teh sales person dedicated to Fiat in Concorde Chennai. but, i think the service is not separate. My SA in Concorde, also deals iwth Tata cars in additoin to FIAT cars.
    I think if we get that split up of teams in service, as a first step, that would be a good step forward and this will also increase the expertise with the service teams for servicing FIAT vehicles.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.