1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

When I bought T Jet in November , after booking the car, dealer said that the cars would come from the plant. When the car reached Bangalore found from VIN that the car is from September batch. Checked and found all cars reached bangalore were of September make. As I mentioned in one of the thread inspite of all hype and good reviews of T Jet when it was introduced in Oct, the sale of T jet is never took off as expected either in NCR or Mumbai regions. That is the reason the cars made in Septermber was sold in November in Bangalore. Never expected there would not be any reaction from Fiat in the last three months visibly ,on the ever decreasing sales.
  2. venom

Won't this sharp decline of sales impact Fiat's sales further ?
    With these (falling) numbers, how can u convince a customer that Fiat's gonna stay here for long ? Even Chevy sold more U-VAs / Optras than the total combined amout of Fiat's cars. So did Hyundai with its 'pre-historic' Accent and Mercedes with its E-class alone.

I am a prospective Fiat customer waiting for my car to arrive, but now i m having serious second thoughts about cancelling my booking and moving ahead with another brand. Although heart is still aching for a Linea...

How can you screw it up FIAT, again, with such good products ?

Its very sad, V. V. SAD.
    :sadblue :sad1
  3. eyeguy

There is a flip side to this discussion though.

If Fiat sales increase like Maruti then Linea will become a "me too" car and loose its exclusivity

The other point is that if Fiat spends on marketting and independant showrooms then tjet will no longer be a 10L car
    The overheads will make it 15L and probably out of reach of many true Fiat fans.

As long as spares are easily available and there are people who know how to service the car you don't really need the sales to skyrocket

What say guys?
  4. devansn

devansn Novizio

+1 to that.

But at the same time, I feel that this alarmingly low a number doesn't really help - even if Fiat makes close to 2 lakhs per car sold in India (which, I think should be an optimistic number), their overall profit may not be more than a crore per month - I really wonder how a company which has invested so much in India can survive - I mean, would this profit be enough to even give salaries to its employees?! (Sorry if I sound too ignorant about how the big businesses work, but I just did a plain, simple math)

So ultimately it could boil down to the extintion of their production in India - although they may be legally bound (correct me if I am wrong here pls) to give service and spares to the existing customers for a tenure of 10 years or so, I am skeptical about actually getting them easily.

One thing is very clear - the quality, reliability, longevity, equipment levels, blah blah blah are not even reaching the ears of the so called educated, news paper reading, TV watching janta like a normal IT employee. I happen to talk to one of my collegues who just booked a ANHC - he was not even aware of the existence of something called a T-Jet that was capable of beating an ANHC in most of the aspects he was looking for! What a shame!
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

@devansn: Fiat India had Rs 22cr profit in first quarter, 2010-2011, during same period in previous year they had loss of Rs 166cr
    I still think majority of the profit comes as part of engine manufacturer than being a car manufacturer
  6. saugdas

A small irony: I was just breezing thru the members list of this forum and find approx 33% of the total population is registered in the last 2 months (including me) when FIAT has registered the poorest results. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

I have a question.
    For every car that FIAT sells,it has to pay atleast a thousand emlpoyees,how is it possible,feasible??
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Can we get the exact sale of FIAT cars in Dec 2010, and the booking done till date in 2011.
  9. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    Isnt it actually what we all have learnt in life ...if you are uneducated and ignorant you will have an ordinary life ....here your colleague has ended up with an ordinary car ::V ...that is his problem not yours , mine or FIATs problem ::V

On a more serious note, I feel that after the launch of Tjet there has been a confusion amongst FIAT prospective buyers - The Ones who would have bought the Linea Petrol/ Diesel (the regular 1000s number that FIAT did every month) now are not able to decide to put their money on a "lesser" Linea(1.4 N.A.) and also not sure if they really they should really put that extra 1lac or so on an "enthusiasts car" ( thats how the Tjet is unofficially titled ) ..These people would in my opinion do one of the following 2 :
    1. Go to the Honda /VW showroom and play safe
    2. Wait for Tjet Reviews (especially on FE)

Lets wait and watch Jan 2011 figures ::O
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

^^ In that case FIAT should offer upgrade plans for 1.4FIRE EPK owners to upgrade for a very minimal amount, many would be willing to do the same :) and there by increase the tjet market presence and then slowly phase out 1.4Fire E and EPK and get Tjet and tjet + instead of them, this would reduce the confusions :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.