1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    with present management team at Fiat India will have a tough time to recover from the slump of sales. there is no word from them. god knows what are upto.

sales figures are disheartening. Fiat are the best cars in the india at the moment but still they are selling. there has been no effort from Fiat India to check it.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    After many months finally Fiat was able to sold 1 Fiat 500.
    Sales in coming months would be better as new 2011 cars would be sent to dealers.
  3. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    Let me not live in a fool's paradise. Jan sales may be higher (for Gods sake) but it is just because of a manual intervention to create a vacume in Dec which will get filled up in Jan. But after that what? What will FIAT do to recover the lost customers of Dec?
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Fiat India Automobiles Ltd. is breaking its own dismal record every month. Their numbers have come down from 4-digit to 3-digit. What next? What happened to the study referred to Accenture? Fiat requires nothing short of drastic surgery with their marketing strategy to prevent it from getting into oblivion.
  5. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    Dear Mods
    Your opinion please...... :anyone
  6. nav75

nav75 Amatore

Pune
    The sales numbers are sad.

If we go by the theory that these numbers are car's that were billed to tata by fiat and since no one wanted to stock prev year car, that's why tata took lesser cars. But the sales of fiat car, in real, wasn't so bad. Does it means that tata was having already lots of fiat cars with them? That means some of the prev month's "good" numbers were false, as those many weren't actually sold but just bought by tata. But then how come 1,007 fiat car's were sold in dec'2009?

Either way's look at the yearly sales number of 2010 and compare it with 2009. 15,184 Fiat in 2010, against 18,065 Fiat in prev yr. That's a good 3000+ car's less. If these numbers don't worry fiat management, not sure what will.

Just look at the ad made by TATA for Aria, Nano sold just 500odd numbers in a month and what does TATA do? Flood ads of Nano, come up with various schemes to boost its sales. On the other hand, what does TATA do about FIAT car sales, that is supposed to be managed by TATA and not FIAT as per the JV conditions? Zilch.

To me it looks like TATA and FIAT thinks that they are selling Ferrari and not Punto/Linea in India.

Source for the numbers mentioned above = http://tatamotors.com/our_world/press_r ... ction=Pull
  7. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    On a personal level, I am not bothered about whether any one else buys a Linea or not because I am sure about my decision!!
    What I am bothered is whether FIAT is going to close shop and break the bond (which any way was one way traffic till now) with TATA and then what will happen to the ASS for my car for the next years?? I am more worried about any sinister deisgns being cooked... :devil
  8. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    I agree we need not be worried about the sales aspect.. you like the car buy it and enjoy it.
    But.... if the sales are so bad.. it will be difficult for the company to survive and it may opt out. If that happens the only worry is about the spares and service... how will we source them ?? I am sure Tata will flatly refuse to service any Fiat vehicle if they go out of India. So we will be with a fantastic car and hope no parts need to be replaced. This is exactly the point my B-i-L asked me to consider before buying a T-Jet.

I agree with Amit that Fait should somehow put its "brand" value in people's mind.
    The media is behind the product(autocar etc), auto forums are behind the product... but why only auto enthusiasts end up buying it ??
  9. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I do'nt know where this talk of Fiat trying to reduce stock of 2010 cars and hence only 271 units sold came from. Why is it that other car makers, even in December AND even with 2010 models are showing increased sales? Have any of you thought about that? If it's about reducing stock of 2010 cars then it should be across the industry and not with just one car maker.

The reason for such pathetic sales is simple. Fiat has a lot of unsold cars lying at their factory and with their dealers. 271 sales shows just one thing. EXCESSIVE stock lying with manufacturer and dealers and we don't have to be rocket scientist's to figure out why unsold stock is rising. If you see the monthly trend, Fiat sales have been falling constantly and every month they have been touching new lows. The fall in sales to 271 units is not drastic at all. The writing on the wall has been visible for the past many months.

We may see a spike in sales in Jan or Feb as the unsold stock gets cleared but that doesn't mean Fiat is back. Fiat is sinking. Again. That is the fact and neither Tata nor Accenture can do anything about it. I suspect even Fiat management can salvage anything now. Fiat is now a lame horse and we all know how a lame horse has to be dealt with.
  10. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    I am further confused now Amit with your assertion. If there is huge stocks available, then how come the examples of 2 to 3 week lead time for some deliveries (read in some threads) and some people being turned away for unavailability of their choice of colours? I think I also read in some thread that during the factory visit in Dec, stocks were seen to be thin?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.