1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    Good point Amit. And I think the only one word answer to this is 'brand'. A prospective customer does his research on the the car and zeroes in on Linea/Punto. But after that when he has a taste of the brand, he goes off....
    Now it is only upto FIAT how to improve their brand image. And it is not going to be overnight. But what is worrying is there is lack of vision and a mission.
  2. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai
    @ Amit
    I completely agree that the customer would have waited for Vento.
    I think one of the most important factors people miss in this discussion on poor fiat sales is the status value the brand holds.
    I've just booked a tjet plus but trust me when a middle class person reaches a stage when he can afford a 10L car the first thing he thinks of is...
    Will the car I buy say that I have arrived in the 10L bracket?
    My father (who knows how big Fiat is internationally) would have still preferd that I went with Honda or VW.
    ASS is just a part of it and a good product goes without saying.
    Honda and VW are both good products.(No comparisons).
    But to break the monopoly of Honda what a marketting strategy and ad campaign VW came up with.
    People are not gonna buy a car only because their ads are good.
    But such an intensive campaign says we are a global product and we have arrived on the Inian scene.
    People are lining up for VW for the prestige of owning one!

I feel Fiat India relies on Fiat enthusiats like us to market their product with minimal involvement from their side.
    Just because they have a phenomenal product they will not capture the market.
    At the same time I don't subscribe to the doomsday predictions that Fiat will be wiped out of India.
    The real sad part is that they will loose out on the key market... A developing country.
    If you see Fiats presence internationally besides Italy it is mostly in developing countries like Brazil and Turkey.
    Honda and VW have a truly global presence but Fiat makes cars which rightfully belong at the top of the sales bracket in India.

I hope they change their strategy soon and stake claim at their rightfull spot!
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Couldn't agree more.. especially the highlighted comments.
  4. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    This is indeed scary guys... I hope this month we would hear something from FIAT. Having 2 good products and still sales in couple of hundreds is not going to help FIAT survive. TATA has also invested equally in RJ plant but they are getting technology and plant in sharing. FIAT is a big loser in this JV it seems. Over the years, it has proved again and again that FIAT has world's one of the worst management ever.
  5. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    I have a request to our mods here: Can anyone in this forum enquire from the concerned authorities about the reasons for such a poor show in Dec and have a peek into their thought processes? Surprisingly, FIAT is absolutely silent on the same even today after 3 days the results are out.
  6. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think its mostly due to no stock! My dad booked the car sometime in 1st week of December (2nd or 3rd). They didnt have the Linea in stock.

We were told around 2 weeks max for delivery! the car just arrived at the showroom yesterday! Just hoping that Jan sales will be much better!
  7. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    I don't believe this 'No Stock' theory. A product can be out of stock if it's sales is close to it's production capacity. If Linea does'nt even sell half the expected nos of FIAT, where from does this 'No stock' theory comes in? Anyone who understands how a factory operates and it's production planning will understand what I mean.....When FIAT is struggling to boost it's sales, they can not give excuses of No Stock and loose some more customers :firey :firey :firey :firey :firey :firey .
  8. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    +1 to that, even 2 of my colleagues who booked the Linea Multijet E+ on the 6th December, their cars were available with the dealers last Wednesday. So that theory dosent hold any significance.
    FIAT is so silent about the whole thing, i dont know ::OO is happening. Even i cant see their promotional advertisements in the News papers these days. They should comeforth and clarify the situation, otherwise numerous rumours will float on the Net and eventually it would be FIAT who will be at loss.
  9. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    got this figures from team bhp.

Linea : 189
    Punto : 62
    Palio : 23
    500 : 1

I think there should be some year-end policy from fiat, because Punto sales should not be lesser than Linea.
  10. gagi_vid

gagi_vid

Belgaum
    Fiat

Linea : 189
    Punto : 62
    Palio : 23
    500 : 1
    Following might improve FIAT sales:
    1. Introducing something similar to chevrolet promise
    2. Overhaul sales (front desk) team
    3. Better interiors for Punto.

I bought Punto MJD E+ one year back. Sales people were trying to convince me to buy Vista (at that time Vista doesnt have ABS, other safety features, so I ruled that out.)

Now, vista comes with ABS, airbags - with high probability people who went to Tata-Fiat showroom to buy Punto end up with buying either Vista [or, different make car - i20, ...].
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.