Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jun 1, 2010.
I am yet to spot a t-jet in Delhi....makes mine even more exclusive though.
Exactly the same here MR. DUTT. I havent seen one either.
I was reading all the previous pages where in all the members expressed their shock at Fiat's sales figures.
Here is my side of the story.
My linea met with a major accident yesterday,where in most of the front portion of the car is lost.Today the car was taken to the T.A.S.S,the S.A said the same three things atleast 3 times.
1.You've bought a FIAT car,whose spares are not easily available.
2.spares will have to come from PUNE,which is not easy even if we try to procure.
3.If you had bought a TATA car,we would have given back the car in 4 days,but with FIAT I can not even roughly tell the time span.
I did not get upset with him at all,after all he was speaking the truth.
I was only feeling pity for the innocent 300 souls who had bought a Linea this month. :sadblue
Guys, The FIAT Sells figure given are not the amount of cars sold by FIAT to local consumers. But its been amount of cars that are handed over by FIAT to Tata to distribute in its Dealer Network. The main reason for lower level of sales from FIAT to TATA is that they want to reduce the number of cars that are left in hands of dealer which are marked with year end dates. As this leads to unwanted situations where buyers dont want to buy a year old dated model. Thus what would happen would be that they would take the orders and sales through dealers and then probably would deliver from there current stocks or probably would deliver those cars in 2011.
This is what I have been told on my visit to factory on 3rd Dec. Even I could not see much of stock at factory, which suggest that company dont was to lose money on giving discounts for year end sales.
@Bala: Sorry to hear about accident, i hope no one is hurt in the process. Our current meet with FIAT Officials, makes me feel that they are on toes to help, so if you are not supported by your dealer, drop them a mail and they would escalate all your issues ASAP.
Nice to read this.
Honestly, the number of FIATs I spot everyday; its hard to believe it sold only 1025 units.
anyone who is a member of team-bhp, please post what viny has mentioned in the November sales thread.
I remember posting a reply in favor of Fiat and guess - it was deleted by one of the moderators.
So, let me try posting the same again. Wish me good luck :wink:
[attachment=0:ys1h2goa]Fullscreen capture 1212010 105532 PM.jpg[/attachment:ys1h2goa]
Sad to hear about the Accident. How did it happen ?
Regarding the Spares it all depends upon the Service Staions investing capacity for Sapres. Herein Coimbatore when I went to Tafee Acess the other day I was shown how much spares are stocked, was very much suprised to see that even Bonets of Linea & Punto are in stock(only it not painted, paint will be done at the body shop according to the colour). When I gave my car for changing the front Struts it was done in a day.
So it is not the fault of FIAT, in your area if more Linea's & Punto's are sold then definately the service staion would invest in spares.
My suggestion is take your car in a lorry to Chennai. PM Chennai Linea owners, ask them which is the best service staion, you can get in done in a weeks time.
I wish that post won't get deleted. ::O
I think there are three reasons (apprehensions in the mind of perspective buyers) for sales of FIAT not picking up
1. ASS network is not that good
2. Spares are not readily available
3. Resale value of a FIAT car is too less
In my view
1. ASS has improved a lot, I am using FIAT from last one and half year and touchwood never had issues of service or spares. In fact many of you have gone through the threads posted on different forums by me and even on behalf of me on Team BHP regarding the problem I had faced with my Punto, I would like to mention that the co-operation from the Fiat staff was much much more than one can even think of having from others manufacturers. Fiat team and the dealers staff were always ready to help me and tried a lot to fix the problem. So I don't think the ASS is a problem at-least in the major cities, maybe Fiat needs to take care of its dealers in smaller towns and rural areas.
2. Regarding availability of spares, here I think Fiat should concentrate and improve and I know they are on the job. So maybe very soon the issue will be sorted out.
3. Resale, I think Fiat should seriously think on this issue and try and collaborate with some used car dealer network to start a used car business, this will boost the confidence of the perspective buyers.
Separate names with a comma.