1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Talking about Vento, I now see this new thread in Team Bhp where it says Vento 1.4 Petrol will be launched soon!
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-ca ... ost2126682
  2. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Biiiig Diiiisappointment today!!!

Biiiig Diiiisappointment today!!!

Literally My Diwali festival mood is washed off!
    The reason 1.Raining at right time 2.Very casual attitude of Salesman.

I have booked Linea on 17th Oct with committment from dealer that by any case it will be delivered before 30th oct or worst case by 2nd Nov'10.
    I was following up daily since 1st Nov. Today morning I got a call from salesman that my car has reached Hyd stockyard and will be delivered today.
    I went to showroom by 2:30 pm but salesman was out with some off. work. The counter person called him, then he called me and said that my car will be delivered on today evening. I came back to office and waiting for his call. Aroun 5:30 i again called SA, he conveyed already driver has gone to stockyard for collecting my car and will be delivered by 7:30 pm. I was happy at least I am getting car on Diwali.
    Unfortunately around 5:30 heavy rain started and it lasted till 07:00. I called up the SA again , he told to come by 8:30. Around 7:15 I got the call again requesting to take delivery on Monday(8th).I was under impression that even i miss today i can take delivery on tomorrow morning. But i was shocked to hear that cont. 3 holidays are declared. I rushed to showroom by 07:30 and met SA. Showroom was about to close and he told everybody is in a hurry to rush to hometown. Meanwhile driver also started from stockyard w/o my car.
    I don't know now what to do? All my 3 days Diwali holidays will be boring and very difficult to enjoy!!
    I don't know whether to blame rain or poor planing/attitude of dealer.
    Still one question, during festival season where many customers are waiting for new car delivery, how a dealer can declare contin 3 days as holiday? Holiday on 5th and 7th (sun) is accepatable but at least they would have worked on Sat. for clearing all cars for Diwali.
    Hmmmmmmmmm. No answer.
    if the trailor of the Tata-Fiat is like this, i don't know what is there in movie after owning the car!!!
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its really disappointing to read this. This is the time they should have shown extra effort towards Customers. I don't know what to say.

Just enjoy your diwali, from next week Linea will make you smile daily.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    TATA ranks at the bottom in "Sales experience" in the latest JD Power Asia Pacific- Sales Experience study.

I think VW is giving them serious competition to take the last spot away from them. Both these brands have worse than pathetic dealerships.

Don't worry sir. You will enjoy on 8th once you have the Desmodronic key in your hand.
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I can understand how you feel. I too had to wait for almost 10 extra days for getting delivery of my Punto after paying the entire amount. Each day the sales person would give one excuse or the other. Finally I got frustrated and gave the worst verbal treatment I could think of to the main sales guy, :hit so much so that he didn't come to face me when the vehicle was actually delivered. That job was handled by a junior guy, who was also there when I was venting my anger at the main sales guy. He was a bit nervous and at the same time surprised to see how nice I was when the delivery was done :lol:
  6. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Re: Biiiig Diiiisappointment today!!!

This is really sad and shocking at the same time.
    I remember going to showroom on Sundays or any festive holiday when a customer asked to see the Linea specially when they had problems coming on weekdays! And I cant believe a dealer can do this during diwali time. Plain Stupidity on the dealers part.
    The concept of "CUSTOMER FIRST" doesn't really seem to be important for most of the Indians (have noticed this not only in auto sector but many other sectors).
    But don't worry once u get your beauty, you'll forget the rest. :) Congrats on the buy!
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    nk4FIAT,

What has happened cant be changed.I suggest, since you waited so long and still waiting,just take the car out of your mind for 3 days and go about doing other things and enjoy. Monday will come and it will be a day of reckining and the smile will come back to you when you see your beauty. Sulking wont help. Just go and enjoy :dancing ::D

Abdul
  8. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Looks like Narendraji(NK4Fiat) is now chilled.

Here is a pic of his FIAT. He is currently celebrating with his good old Fiat now. ::D

Some of we Fiatians have spare FIATs to enjoy with, while waiting for a new FIAT to arrive. :dancing

fiat radium logo 006.jpg
  9. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Thanx Arun, Ravi, jumu, royj, ichimaru and padldeshifter. As said I have just forgotten that I booked a new FIAT. Now I am not going to remember till lunch time of Monday. And yes lot of visits planned on Sat/Sun nearby Hyd in my "Blue Lagoon" FIAT. By the way her condition is so good that i bet without any major problem, I can have a trip from Kashmir to Kanyakumari. ( speed 60-80 kmph, 250-300 km/day) Oh god please give me some time from family n office.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Fiat Lags in Reaching Sales Target for Current Year

Fiat India has stated that it may not be able to meet its sales targets for the current year. It had set a target of 46,000 units for the current calendar year but says that it is facing stiff competition in the Indian market and may not be able to double its sales this year. Last year, it sold 23,000 units.

"We have adopted some new strategies to boost our sales and are hopeful of success in the coming days,” said Fiat India's president and CEO Rajeev Kapoor. Fiat’s Indian product portfolio has two premium products – Linea and Punto for which Fiat India is planning to adopt new strategies to boost sales.

Fiat currently sells its cars through Tata outlets pan India. However, as per the recent reports, the company is planning to set up its own distribution network and service centres. Fiat also sells Fiat 500 in India which is luxury car model and competes with Volkswagen Beetle in the Indian market.

Fiat is now planning to introduce a small car model which will be placed below Fiat Punto in the price band of Rs. 3 -5 lakh. it will be launched in India with its joint venture partner Tata Motors with about 80-85 percent localisation.

Source:- http://www.cartradeindia.com/car-bike-n ... 13185.html
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.