1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The increase in Linea numbers is due to two reasons, one the facelift and the increase in demand for the Classic. The new Linea stock build up is happening across the dealerships and the number is higher in March. Need to see how this number will move over the next few months. There are a few hatch to sedan conversions happening inside the Fiat showroom itself, aka for Classic.

The Punto facelift and Avventura should see the overall number pushing beyond the 2k mark or atleast hoping so.
    6 people like this.
  2. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Let us not forget that Punto is due for a facelift in June/July. Once that is done, I believe Punto alone will do 1500+ numbers.
    Its good to see the increase in overall numbers month on month. Waiting for them to launch new models.
    1 person likes this.
  3. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Does anyone have Skoda's sales figure for March?? Just to confirm the news before :dancing
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  4. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    While I agree to some of your points, the problem you stated above is of the dealers fault completely.
    I am not sure how FIAT can monitor these kind of situations.Any suggestion is welcome by members here.

Also, I still hear a lot of people cribbing about, they didn't get any Test drive cars or Call back fromdealers even after multiple calls to the dealers or a Test drive request through online registration andultimately these people went with other brands. This is a serious threat to Brands image and furtherdeteriorates the sales and spreads negative impression as fast as a forest fire. FIAT should seriouslyinterpret in these scenarios and make dealers stand on their heels.

Btw, I consider the huge Honda City sales to be driven by brand image, peoples perception and herd mentality rather than by the actual product. If I am asked to list down some Negatives of the New Honda City then the number of negative points in my list will be very long,(Come on, I am not biasedagainst Honda, it's a reality). I don't think Honda City deserves a sales of ~ 9000.

And if I were in the market to buy a car, anyday I will consider the product's strength than anything else(No. ofpeoples in Showroom, festival atmosphere, peoples perception and herd mentality)

Again, Honda SA's and Showroom etiquette are not the best,either. They are as Bad as any others. They have shown their callousattitude many times in the past and still they are.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    1) Facelifted Linea doing wonders for FIAT India.
    2) Upcoming Facelift of FIAT Punto is affected on Punto sales (really :confused:)
    3) FIAT should gear up launch the Punto facelift, Avventura & Abarth as soon as possible.
    4) Good to see much required/deserved increase in Linea sales.

Capture March 2014.jpg
    10 people like this.
  6. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Honda is just building on the fact that they are yet to launch the petrol edition of City. That is what has clicked for them. It is quite blatant that with the fuel pricing parity, economics does not favor Diesel (only for passion we may end up buying an Oil Burner)

Also, the Sales Guys heavily pitching with the fact that ARAI FE rating for the City is BIC. But all of us will and do agree that real world scenario is not as rosy as projected. Couple of weeks back when I happened to visit an Honda showroom, I found a sales guy just mesmerizing with this figure as the actual one and too in typical city driving conditions to a poor/ignorant customer; and the poor customer did seem to be blown away by it only because of the BRAND image. Though I am not sure if the sale was ever made.

I have had some very bad experiences in this regard as well. So I second you to the core.

+1 to this.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Japanese have fooled with the people, or the other way, people are being more matured and take the Life in a New way with FIAT
  8. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2 people like this.
  9. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    :dancing :dancing :dancing Its time to celebrate :dancing :dancing :dancing