1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The site Zauba, that lists for public perusal all items imported formally to India, shows a recently imported-by-MS S-Cross with the 1.6 mjd. This IS confirmed.

Suzuki and Fiat are older partners than Tata and Fiat (from the Fiat Sedici/Suzuki SX4 days in Europe). Their partnership just got even stronger: Magneti Marelli is setting up a dedicated amt-manufacturing factory for Maruti, right where its factory is, in Manesar, near Gurgaon.

btw, the internet business and auto portals in the US are AGAIN currently abuzz with the rumour that Marchionne is looking to somehow merge/acquire/equity swap with Suzuki globally (and/or with Mazda). Because he has dropped several hints lately, AGAIN, that he's looking to do another BIG deal, now that the acquisition of Chrysler, Dodge, Ram and Jeep is complete, and now that FCA's financial position is so much stronger.

besides: Manley clearly said they'll go from the manufacture of the current 3 engines to 6, and from the single transmission to 3.

So: the bigger mjd IS coming, for sure.

Now, the REAL question, even more than timing (will it only be for the new 2016 launches?), is whether it will make a meaningful, i.e profitable, difference to the sales numbers of Fiats?

First they said: dealerships and ASS. When you did that, they said: renew your stuff. Marketing? Done too. When you did that: they said engines, underpowered, etc etc

Fiat has to face multiple AND shifting double standards in this marketplace.

Fiats are expected to have the looks of a Maserati, the handling of a BMW, the build and safety of a Volvo, the ride of a Merc, engines of a Ferrari-esque rasa, equipment levels of a Hyundai, the ASS and reliability of a Toyota....all for the price of a Maruti or Tata.

And still they don't/won't buy it in droves!:confused:

Ah well, lage raho Fiat!:p:cool:
    jackharrisw, SOOZ_P, Ichimaru and 4 others like this.
  2. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Fiat screwed up their strategy from the beginning and was sleeping for many years so we cant blame indians for the sin of Fiat doings IMHO.
    We cant paint everybody in same color, here many members(including myself) are using the other brand vehicles and then we should also call them as following herd mentality please beg to not use this term.
    Every customer has his own requirements and will be looking for the suitable product, if it Ticks his major requirements then definitely he will be buying it.In majority we are so obsessed with VFM and expecting Fiat to give us the required Car and here nobody pushing them to give us Ferrari at the cost of Indica/Swift.
    If they are the Leader in creating the best cars let them answer in that way, instead of cribbing about our mentality IMHO.
    As much as Fiat wants to start "afresh", fact is, the brand simply cannot. The baggage of yesteryear mistakes will haunt them, and the company's reputation in the consumer's mind remains negative. Brand Image is like your bank balance once it is lost it is very hard to earn it back this doesn't apply only for Fiat.
    When we blame indians mentality then we should think why they are not choosing the other MNC's apart from MS,HY,TOY,Honda and then we should deep dive into analysis, where we can see some have horror stories in service,bad attitude of the sales team and some are very lethargic in bringing the quality products and Indians have also rejected the dozens of models which were very bad to our market from MS,HY,TOY,Honda.
    The MS,HY,TOY,Honda might have failed but they have succeeded by trying different things and they never stopped there.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    Raj_pol, dadasaheb and prabhjot like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Indians are herders, plain and simple, in every aspect of life. Herding is a universal human phenomenon but NOWHERE more so than in India. One sees this in all aspects of public and private life. Of course India is also big and diverse, hence some smaller non-herding folks can also live here with some space. It's still a 'free' country, as they like to say, falsely, about the USA.

Not stupid, not irrational, but un-reason-able. One (in this case, Fiat or Tata or Renault, or Nissan or Chevy or VW or Skoda) cannot reason and persuade a herd, once it forms, for rhetoric, love or money. Even about passive opinion-choice/formulation let alone decisions where there is that other trait of Indians-in-general that kicks in: extreme risk-aversion.

Having said that: yes Fiat's past sins of ommission and commission still haunt them. If Fiat thought just by launching new dealerships, refreshed models, vastly better ASS, better-than-ever vfm, and the 'Make the Move' etc ads they could exorcize that ghost...they hadn't reckoned with the herd-instincts of the Indian (car-buying) public. Neither have a number of other floundering car firms.

Also, yes, their efforts on all these fronts still leave a lot to be desired even for us, let alone a non-informed/caring car-buying person.

"Ah well, lage raho Fiat!" Take your time. :p;)
    GirishRaghu and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  4. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    The discounts on the 2014 1.3 mjd should give an indication.
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    that 1.6 MJD is coming ??

@prabhjot @vista7155
    Fiats will sale in good numbers when the aam aadami will be quoting / advising others as "its FIAT buy with closed eyes, you can not go wrong with it".
    so task is tough to push the herds to say this :D
    nikhil0405 and prabhjot like this.
  6. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @dadasaheb, I think yes. What would be the reason that there we no advertised discounts on the tjet but hefty discounts on the new linea 1.3 mjd.
    dadasaheb and prabhjot like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @nikhil0405

Thanks for that interesting nay intriguing hypothesis: more like wish-fulfilling fantasy though, as i guess you might admit?;)

It'll come through alright...in the long run, i suspect, not in the next few months. 'Ummeed pe kaayam hai....' etc:p
    nikhil0405 and dadasaheb like this.
  8. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot,

Right. "Par bahut der na ho jaaye"
    prabhjot and vista7155 like this.
  9. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Hmmm... There's so much non sense one has to hear or contend with when one decides to go for a Fiat. I remember my time when I decided that it would be TJet. My friends, relatives all were against it but I went ahead. Very difficult for Fiat to turn around this perception atleast for a few more years. Till then, people like us would continue to lead the path for others. ;)
  10. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    ^^On the lighter side we will be working very hard in marketing Fiat cars than Fiat:D
    jackharrisw, prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.