1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    quickly bring with in 1 year before end of 2015

for cars > 4m length.
    MJD2 in 1.6 (for C segment) and 2.0 (for D segment)
    Multiair 1.4 T-Jet (for C segment)

for cars < 4m
    replace current 1.3 with MJD2 1.3 (be only fiat specific do not source it to tata and maruti)
    multiair 1.2 T-Jet

along with some new design exterior looks apart from Linea and Punto no R&D they are available in plenty at Chrysler.

please FIAT please listen.
    prabhjot and nikhil0405 like this.
  2. Major

Major Timido

Trivandrum
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I thought of purchasing a FIAT EVO this Month. Now I am scared after seeing their sales performance . My fear is whether there newly started showrooms will get closed in near future .
  3. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Don't worry, they will not close.

If you feel, EVO is right choice don't hold it back just for this fear. FIAT is increasing the dealership network and have new products planned for India.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

Hey Major, dont let our impassioned diatribe affect your purchase. Fiat surely is not shutting shop anytime soon. Its just that as enthusiasts, we feel they should do much better at marketing and managing their product portfolio. Unless you buy one, the word will not spread. You will be 100% satisfied with the car and (hopefully) with the service too.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @nibedk - Sorry, I beg to differ a bit. You are right that Fiat still doesn't have many showrooms and service centers like other manufacturers and they have neglected some parts of country especially Eastern / North Eastern states and you are also right in saying that their service is not up to the mark in small cities and towns. They really need to improve on these fronts.
    But is this the reason their cars don't do well in the market? I am not sure. The Avvy even though shares its design with Evo it is quite a different car, it has its own character. And coming to the Evo it is quite a substantial upgrade from the previous generation GP. The interiors are fantastic and ground clearance has been increased; the only fly in the ointment is that engines are still the same but the MJD is quite a powerful and refined mill. Couple of my friends who got Fords have confirmed that MJD is more silent when compared to their cars diesel mills.

How did you get the impression that Fiat is catering only to niche segment? Did you read or heard it somewhere?

You are complaining that Fiats miss things like - bottle holder, less number of cubby-holes, cheap plastic etc?
    True, but the segment best seller - the Swift - does it have space for bottles in the doors? Its interiors are good but not all that great, cost cutting is quite evident. It doesn't come with all bells and whistles like GP. I think it only has the 75hp mill, and is more cramped at the rear than the GP. Still it is the segment leader - sells 15K units or so every month. Why? Simply because it is a Maruti, a name synonymous with cheap to run and maintain, reliable cars with good ASS. That's it!
    This is where Fiat lacks; they need more brand building to be done through more aggressive marketing campaigns.
    After being a owner of a GP for 4 years, I can definitely say that it is a quite a competent car, just that it has been let down by poor marketing and may be to some extent due to sheer bad luck.

And as @prabhjot rightly said - "herd-logic of: jo bikta hai voh acchaa hai (what sells is what is good).".
    There are many such terrific vehicles, jo bikthe nahi hain, but still are a class apart in their respective segments like -
    -> Pajero. Doesn't sell as good as the Fortuner, though it is equally good.
    -> Lancer - I think this is miles ahead of segment leader City, but not many takers.

Hope Fiat really takes its brand building exercise seriously and also launches new models frequently.

Coming to the sales numbers of Dec'14, just noticed that Punto (490) has outnumbered Figo. (151).

Cheers
    VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.
  6. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    punto sold more then figo lol:D
    all new figo will be launched in coming month so they are clearing the inventory nothing else
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @vista7155 The Linea outsold the Fiesta Classic+new in december! ;)

The new Figo will struggle to sell even a third as well as the old one in its first two years.

Its sales have been plummeting throughout the last year and a half, only reconfirming the point that this market is hell for any non-M/Hy/H car firm, for absolute sales numbers, and especially for profits.

The Ecosport which was selling 5000+ 8 months ago has declined to 3500+ , too. And so: Ford India, unlike profitable Fiat, has dizzying accumulated losses and write-downs (non-export).

The joke is more on Ford, I'd say, less on Fiat.

Which is why they'll still make money mostly or only from exports, even with the new Figo hatch+small sedan. Can't see the slightest USP for these cars vis-a-vis the Japs and the Korean + Tata, in this market culture, even if, as with the Ecosport, Ford dilutes its DNA in their making.

Similar though less severe problem as Fiat faces with its products, except that Ford has just spent huge dollars on the new plant to add to their already big losses. The Ecosport has had no competition at all till the Avventura, esp none from the top-dog firms. That will not be the case with the new Figo-s.

Ford India's case is the ideal counter-factual with which to assess Fiat's past and future potential in India: it too is EuroAmerican, has an enthusiast-centric brand profile, it too has a chequered history, albeit without the disadvantage of Fiat-like negative historical legacy, but most importantly it too despite supposedly better and more proactive management and market-suitable product launches over the last 2-3 years, is on a very sticky wicket in india.

Point is: it's exorbitantly hard in this marketplace for such firms, harder than anywhere else.
  8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    :D ^^hats of to your comments.
    Ecosport failed because the attitude of Ford not that indians rejected, it failed because ford took export as priority instead of catering to local customers and here it was having insane 8 months waiting period this has drifted the customers to search else where that is duster gained the numbers.
    India knows what ford did to us and how they have put stone on their feet.
    You are happy that Linea outsold fiesta in december i dont want to spoil your party but for your information linea sold at 2 lakhs discount and fiesta was having much lesser discount and the margin is 95 cars and i can bet anything in all the other months fiesta sold more than linea now what is the answer from fiat fanboy.
    GirishRaghu, Raj_pol and dadasaheb like this.
  9. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    From what has already been said in this and many other threads, these seem to be the most pertinent factors behind Fiat's current predicament-
    1. Fiat's refusal to introduce new vehicles.
    2. Underwhelming engine options in current vehicles (barring the TJet)
    3. Horrors related to service and the resultant negative publicity.
    4. Lack of a clear marketing strategy.
    5. History.
  10. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    I have doubt about launching next models form Fiat because if we see their history of india launched cars that is entirely different and source of information is from wiki.
    1. Fiat Uno (1997–2001)
    2. Fiat Siena (2000–2003)
    3. Fiat Palio (2001–2010)
    4. Fiat Palio Adventure (2002–2007)
    5. Fiat Palio Weekend (2002–2005)
    6. Fiat Petra (2004–2008)
    7. Fiat Nuova 500 (2008-2010)
    8. Fiat Punto Evo /updated Linea/Avventura(2014 and 2009)

Fiat is there from around 17 years and models count are just 10.
    If we see the history Fiat launches the model and will wait for its slow painful death and will come up with new model.In my opinion, this is the biggest cause for Fiat's failure as a manufacturer in India.

As a brand, Fiat has better loyalists and familiarity than newly launched Brands and products. But without developing service, Fiat can earn nothing.
    I have asked many friends how has bought I20 or Swift about not buying Punto and by the way they are not having herd behavior here and they are well educated and know in out of car industry,are very much following the industry.
    The answer is Fiat is having Great car, fantastic handling, lovely ergonomics, Superbly Built like a Tank yet, walked away from the Italian beauty and opted for the Swift/I20.
    Guess the head won over the heart, cos was simply too scared by the Fiat reputation for after-sales and support.
    I have no answer for them because they know what is the history of Fiat and i can't influence them in buying but i have recommended in the circle.
    If car company is not going to support the customers then they will so not touch their products with barge poll.
    prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.