1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    terrible numbers, but aren't we gave up on Fiat to increase car sales yet? We can argue with all we have but Failure of Avvy is a setback so far.

IMO Fiat killed Avvey before launch itself by giving same face to punto Evo. In spite of how brilliant car handles or drives, very few takers of this says new people are not even interested enough to put money on same product. Avvey was supposed to be a new product, but Punto Evo happened :facepalm:
  2. JohnyBoy

JohnyBoy Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    @dadasaheb, @Raj_pol, @nibedk are talking like a mother who knows her son has potential, but is lazy. Whatever she does to encourage him - advice, threat, making fun of - is not working, he doesn't care. Instead of studying well he is playing around wasting his time. And this makes the mother sad and angry. She starts tell everyone that her son is good for nothing and try to get sympathy from the neighbours. (Meanwhile the son is listening to all this and watching with a mischievous smile on his face.)

@prabhjot soundss like a mother who tries to come up with excuses for why his son didn't do well in the exams. 'He was having a fever', 'there was no power, he couldn't study', 'the teacher gave him half an hour less to finish the exam' etc.

But both mothers have something in common - both of them love their sons. They just react differently.
  3. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @JohnyBoy . Nice analogy. I am neither a mother or lover. I am a consumer and will go for one which meets maximum of my needs. I appreciate Fiats for what they are. More so as their cars seem to have some sort of connect with the driver. When I bought my Punto 90 HP it was the only car which met all my needs within my budget. The other cars which appealed to both the consumer and driver in me were the Fiesta and Linea TJET. I could have stretched a little more for either one of them. The main reason I got a Punto was I love hot hatches and wanted a diesel. Secondly as my wife drives as well and this being her first car Fiat was already too much for her and on top of that a longer and bigger Fiat would have drove her crazy. Now she has got used to Fiats and thinks we should have bought a TJET instead. Fiesta was ruled out as it was a complete market dud. I have just seen one since the new one was launched.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Nice discussion this though I feel this has been discussed several times in this/other forums. Taking the analogy of JohnyBoy one step further, it is up to the son to decide what he wants to become. No amount of coaxing will help. Also do not forget the influence of the other parent ( Fiat Italy).
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

If I was ever a "father " to Fiat India, boy, that fella would have had it.
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @JohnyBoy Yuck - I hate kids and even my first wife who I am married to hates kids. Nope I am like that dude who has a twinkle in his eyes when he sees someone sexy rolling by. I just hope sooner rather than later we will have some cars which are really sexy in India - makes you want to give the soul for.

Maybe I need to go back to two-wheelers. Compared to cars there are far more sexy machines at far more affordable prices.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Only thing is to note slight increase in Linea numbers.

sales.png
  8. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Not very promising. All three products marching to be duds. Not sure which is the worst performer. Evo, New Linea or Avvy. Irrespective of time of the year or market sentiments not even touching 1000 is very sad. I am worried how are the dealers making money. With such low numbers not sure how can Fiat expand its dealership foot prints especially in smaller towns.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    As per Fiat they are supposed to have more than 100 plus dealers across India.
    800 odd is approximately 8 cars per dealer.
    Marvel Fiat, Erode had 21 confirmed delivery's. So there might some who would have sold more and some none.
    With massive discounts the margin for dealers is very minimal and if you don't sell, no vehicles to service and no revenue to keep your firm profitable.
    Unless and others wise Fiat thinks and brings some mass market model in the range of 5-6 lac, its difficult for the dealers to continue their operations...
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @Mabams1826, those numbers are of the cars dispatched from the factory. The number is likely to be higher (not drastically) considering the old unsold stock with the dealers.
    prabhjot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.