1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Good to see fiat numbers are growing.
    I just wonder if Linea pricing is correct. I see two major buying groups . one is with "entry level sedan" : Dzire , Amaze, Xcent... ( below 8L ) and one is with "mid size sedan" : honda city , vento , verna , rapid ( so 10+ L bracket ) . now Linea size makes it comparable to 10L + bracket BUT power is comparable to below 8L group.
    4 people like this.
  2. manishgarg921

manishgarg921 Amatore

Ghaziabad
    VehicleJanFebMar
    Punto1207882839
    Linea178420664
    For the year 2014 - the sales of Punto have been declining while those of Linea have been increasing.

Increased March sales can be due to heavy discounts offered on the old Linea and also introduction of the new Linea.

Feels nice to see Linea owners growing.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
    8 people like this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Balaji Thane reportedly had only 6 cars for deliveries on the Gudi Padwa day. Out of 6 cars delivered, 2 were Punto and 4 were Linea (none T-jet though). Not good news for Fiat at all. Maybe Fiat needs to prepone the Avventura launch.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Isn't the count increasing gradually?
    Jan 2014 - 1300+
    Feb 2014 - 1300+
    Mar 2014 - 1500+
    5 people like this.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I guess Fiat will be losing his last spot as this months number are 200 more than previous month(Feb). As per last month there was very small gap between Skoda and Fiat.

Fingers crossed to see Fiat move one notch atleast :confused:
    1 person likes this.
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes it is increasing and we just beat Skoda in Numbers :dancing
    3 people like this.
  7. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Very discouraging picture for FIAT. Not learning at all their mistakes. So many fiat fans giving such valuable suggestions, but people at fiat doesn't consider them at all. They sit in their board rooms and make their own strategies which unfortunately won't work in the present market.. They need to come to the field and see the realities. Its not the product at fault, its the management at fault. Recently launched Honda city is doing wonders. Linea is a superior car when compared to city. But why is sales chart showing dismal figures? This is something to seriously thought of. Recently I and my friend went to a fiat showroom at Bellary, Karnataka. Thats a dead place , no sales guys no customers ,nothing to write. Its like a dead place. Contrary the Honda showrooms have a festival like atmosphere. My friend was telling what confidence does a customer get to spend nearly 12 lacs on this car where there is no one to even talk.
    Wake up guys.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Compared to the past, the FIAT management has woken up and done a remarkable effort in putting things upfront for the customers and hence you see alot number of developments in recent past. So you cant entirely blame management here. The number of sales also matters what perception people have in their mindset. Honda has a good image in people than FIAT. Still i come across alot of people who think FIAT padmini when i say which car i own. Ofcourse lately alot of AD's and brand management is done but it sure requires alot of time for people to wake up and thus FIAT to get a good brand image like Honda do.

Coming to the showroom, its a mistake of Showroom management than FIAT management entirely. The management of FIAT cant certainly monitor every showroom every where. Infact AFAIK FIAT management has alot of quality related criteria for the showroom to meet to showcase FIAT cars there.

As per what you have said, i request you to consult the showroom management folks to see if they are as lame as the rest or they are just not aware of it (Refer KHT's adit efforts here) or other wise email to FIAT and see what they have to take in action, you also can write them a note at their FB page.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Adding Fiat India Mar 2014 sales

MonthLineaPuntoTotal
    Jan17812071385
    Feb4208821302
    Mar6648391503
    Some increase in Linea was expected, due to new Linea dispatch, let us see if this trend continues in future.
    In any case, good to see 500+ Linea numbers.
    Punto is sustaining the volume ~800+, and this might slow down, with New Punto news spreads more.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    5 people like this.
  10. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat might have woken up. They need to be more proactive in their approach. You are right ,they can't monitor each and every showroom ,but they can give few guidelines to the dealers like displaying their cars outside more colorfully decorated so as to create an atmosphere in the showrooms. Its not just Bellary, even in Hyderabad too, that enthusiastic atmosphere is lacki ..
    Fiat should create brand awesreness , conduct road shows. Display their cars in the shopping malls and conduct a show to few big corporates.
    They should focus on the strengths of the car

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.