1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    An aside, just to set the stage for the India december sales figures:

FCA has grown as much as 20% year-on-year in the US market. Similar standout figures expected for Canada and Mexico. Best year for Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Jeep in 12 years. Almost all not-retiring or new or recent models breaking all time sales records. Even Fiat showing good growth, esp the 500L, the 500 is steady at 3000 cars a month.

FCA remains not just one of the very biggest car companies in North America, it is by far the fastest growing, growing in fact like an insurgent in the markeplace, like some nimble silicon-valley start-up. "Kicking-ass", they might say!:cigar:

FCA has grown (all brands) well even in recessionary Europe (Spain, UK, Italy etc). Jeep Renegade sales in Europe ramping up, with the Fiat 500X coming soon (in Europe's fastest growing segment, b/c-crossovers).

Conversely: India sales, despite discounts? Ahem, cough, ouch, eek, sniffle, wrung-hands etc! :p

What is the magic-pixie dust FCA has in Europe and the US which it doesn't here, and cannot transfer here (in the short term?;)): potent brand power/attraction/love/seduction/charisma/stories...and enough trust too, in the broader non-fan/non-enthusiast India car baazar, i.e., 90%+ of it ??
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

The magic pixie dust isnt going to help things in India if Fiat tries to sell a car rattling at the front (engine mounts) and rear (spare wheel cover).
    dadasaheb likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The former is a very dubious rumour that seems to be getting repeated, promoted and inflated? As usual when it comes to Fiats: har 'baat ka batangar', that is the burden of a brand that fails to command trust, even if it deserves it! Especially of owners!;)

The latter has been fixed in new cars? But will likely, just like the Ecosport, and just like all rear-outside-spare-tyre set-ups, surface over the longer term. A trade-off that some buyers will make happily, but others will refuse to, instead continue flocking to the Ecosport which, and this is the tragi-comic bit, has exactly the same (potential in the Avventura's case, confirmed in the Ford's) rattling issue!

I expect FASS to be inundated with Avventura owners with rattling complaints when the likely non-issue will be that they did not fix their spare and its cover correctly. It will then be attributed to...Fiat's either deficient quality control or design!:confused:
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    i am not at all able to stop my laugh LOL ;) commented because just giving a like to this very best quote is not just liking it, comments are really really deserved.:D
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 5, 2015 ---
    India is sending MOM with the budget less than gravity film, and here comes the discovery of the new year Fiat can not properly fix the cover of rear mounted wheel causing rattling!!
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @dadasaheb

This 'rattling' this or that is tittle-tattle: there's NO evidence I have come across of anyone complaining yet of rattling once the fix was made for some cars from the first batch deliveries. Of course, it may well rattle in the longer term, but that is very true and pretty common in the Ecosport too (refer ownership reports in other fora), like it was of the old Safari in some cases. The fix for the rattle IF ANY will be facile and fast, an easy DIY likely too.

The Avventura is clearly the best small crossover in the market: better built and with better materials than either the Ford or the Duster. With a better/equal crossover point as well (ride and handling over tough roads). Well priced too, unlike the other two, who have been busy milking their customers since they were early-movers. And, obviously: better looking.

BUT: "aiyyo, the herd-said rattles", even if like a hypocondriac, one misses the woods for the trees. :confused:

Sales figures of course will fail to reflect that fact.;) But hopefully 300+ (400+?) a month will happen. Am keenly waiting for the jan and feb Avventura numbers.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  6. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot agree with you, but i am really surprised to see QA issues on FIATs even if they are manufactured in very low numbers.
    and from the same plant Zest becomes Car of the year. it has so much strict QA checks as none of the journalists and owners have found any issues with it. we have seen step motherly treatment for Fiats in TATA showrooms, is it same in the plant also ? need to investigate for sure.
    why Avvy have 3 months waiting period for 2015 manufactured car ? to me it seems a Bolt issue, as it is launching in this month only and may be Avvy is sidelined for Bolt.
    prabhjot and acechip like this.
  7. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot Sir, as you can make out most of the models are from the acquisitions by Fiat. Fiat per se, did not have anything in their kitty that was actually responsible for the growth. It was more of the Jeep, Ram, Dodge etc.
    The 500X is a good car and this is one vehicle that should have had a release in India instead of the Avventura which was created with what end I fail to see. Honestly, I was tailing a brand new one in Bangalore - the rear is stylish but come to the sides you would be blind to think it is anything but the Punto in clothes.
    Also, the least said the better about the Indian portfolio. As I keep saying Abarth will be a useless exercise and probably end of 2015 we will be cribbing that Indians do not appreciate fast cars sold for ridiculous amounts of money.
    jackharrisw and prabhjot like this.
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    i think they should throw away the brand name of FIAT and go Chrysler way so that there will not be any brand malice for Chrysler.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Raj_pol

The 500X has NOT yet been launched anywhere, not even Italy, so how how could it have come in the Avventura's place? It is made to compete against not just the likes of the Yeti but even at the high end: the likes of the Mercedes A,B and GLA or the Audi Q3 etc. There'se no way it fits into the Fiat need in this marketplace at this time. A couple of years from now, maybe, or so am desperately hoping, since I'd want one, badly!

Of course the Avventura is a version of the Punto: so is the Linea! So is the Palio Adventure Locker vis-avis the Palio (in Brazil), or the Panda Cross 4X4 vis-a-vis the Panda. And more to the point: so are the Ecosport and the Fiesta sedan/hatch, or the Duster and the Logan sedan...etc

The point was/is to create a rhetoric for the market, full as it is of folks who're indifferent/hostile/ignorant to the Fiat brand per se: tell, vis the Avventura, a story in the baazar, about how Fiat's back (after the slow dealer roll-out), about how Fiat's commited to India (the Avventura is an India-specific product), and about how Fiat still has a genius in this market: Italian high style, tough high-end engineering and yet (and this is the vital point): at desi cut-prices.

It may or may not sell well, imo it was always going to sell only a few hundred, but that as I've been arguing, is a problem with the Fiat brand's percieved weaknesses in the wider market which is now utterly dominated by just 3 East Asian firms. It's hardly a problem with the Avventura itself. In fact I feel they chose this vehicle precisely because it goes into a niche of the market that has little (Etios Cross) or no Jap and Korean presence.
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

It will go the General Motors way then. What image or brand recognition does GM have. Atleast FIAT is a name that cant be erased in Indian minds whatever the perception, which will change with only one mega hit product.

Abdul
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.