1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    if Evo have ABS and Airbags on all variants we would have 1 more Evo adding to the sales numbers ;)
    prabhjot and Raj_pol like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I agree: the Evo needs the t-jet, abs and airbags in all variants, 5 or 10 more gizmo features, touchscreen, sunroof etc, the Linea needs more and smarter marketing, and so on.

My point is simply that we are greatly under-estimating the degree to which there is a 'structural' problem with the brand (trust, recognition AND prestige) in the context of a market/public that is herding in unprecedented percentages under the sign of M, HY, H and Toyota, ALL of whose cars at whatever price are inferior by a mile to the Fiats on offer, or the Fords or the Skoda-s or the VW-s, and yet who now dominate each segment from A to D2 to the extent of 70-80+% of sales.

The Fiat turnaround will take many more years. BUT: it is underway, as evidenced by it being the only non-M/HY/H firm to have seen big percentage growth in sales numbers, year-to-date.

Brands in product-cum-service-lines as complex as automobiles are very complicated things: to grow them, to expand or boost them, is a slow, complicated task with many different battles to be fought at the same time.

Dealers, ASS and spares, resale, pricing, styling, quality/reliability, different types of marketing and advertising, PR management, new products with very acute USPs that the market actually understands and cares for....all in the face of such marauding dominant brands as M, Hy and Honda.

Engines and gizmo-s will barely help on the margin. Did the t-jet help the Linea? I think I know at least 5 or 6 very well-informed car buyers of some discernment who loved the t-jet IN THEORY but bought Jap/Korean cars instead.

Personally, I don't care or worry too much: as long as Fiat's revenues are buoyant from the Tata JV and the Maruti engine+amt sales, and their sales are improving on the margin, and their profile in the marketplace too, HOWEVER slowly.

BOTH of these things are true and will remain so through 2015, am sure.

What concerns me is that the all-new cars for 2016 and 2017 (b-suv, Linea and Punto replacements) will not be Fiat-s at all, but their aping of Jap and Korean products. Even a Fiat b-suv that is like the Duster (thin light build, banal interior design and materials etc) at Duster-prices would fail for me personally and in the market I feel. I like the Avventura because it is very true to the Fiat brand identity in style, build, ride-handling etc. I dislike the Ecosport because it betrays the Ford DNA quite a bit, and the Vento because it sure is a VERY diluted, very inauthentic VW.

My fear is that Fiat will get impatient like many of us here on TFi, and in a couple of years' time be offering Hyundais-in-Italian drag! :-( And they still won't sell heatedly!
    asimpleson, bharath and GirishRaghu like this.
  3. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this forum has lot of passionate pals, hats off to all of you for your passion.
    Well, In Erode Marvel Fiat had shifted to a bigger and comfortable space, and you know what its exactly opposite to Hyundai dealer.
    So, Marvel has nothing to lose but Hyundai is really ruffled.
    Already couple if buyers who had come to Hyundai had booked Punto.
    But, I feel fiat dealers are not as assertive and aggressive as Maruthi or Hyundai guys.
    With the discount of almost 2 lk for old linea, 1 lk for Punto and New Linea they can steam roll Hyundai.Let's wait and watch.
  4. Nirav

Nirav Timido

Kolkata, West Bengal
    Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Ya.. Austin Fiat. Dealership experience has not been so great till now. Primarily because all staff is new and i knew more about their car then they knew. They don't understand the difference between Minimal grey and Magnesio grey. I ordered Magnesio grey and confusion reigned supreme.

I was made to TD the Multijet in spite of making it clear that I will buy T Jet only. It was not their fault as they did not have a TJet TD vehicle. But what was amusing was the sales lady saying that driving experience is more or less the same when i insisted that test driving a multijet is of no use. Basically they don't know what they are selling.

I had also specified that I won't take a car with old VIN. In spite of that they dispatched a June (FJZ) production vehicle.

I have made a bit of a gamble here coz later on I came to know that among the 16 cars that they have had dispatched from the factory for Kolkata after the discounts started, there is only 1 new linea. Rest all are Puntos, Avventuras and Linea classics. And believe it or not I have not seen a single New linea on road in Kolkata till date as the old dealer had shut shop for quite some time. Meanwhile Honda City just swept the market clean here in Kolkata. Ya, I have had to face looks of amusement and loads of advice on resale and brand value once i made my decision. That'll probably put me in a very exclusive club which might not be a great thing as Fiat might not keep New Linea essential spares in stock in the Kolkata workshop. All this not withstanding I still love the car and am excited about it.

The pics will be uploaded for sure but that won't be before 15th Jan as my mom will not let me take delivery before Makarsankratri. Something inauspicious about it.

Thanks and cheers

Mod Note: Do not type like this...... Please refer to the TFI rules here. http://teamfiat.com/threads/tfi-rules.9288/
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I don't mind as this is the correct path from a business perspective. Give them what they want and make loads of money. You want tin cans with mileage tending to infinity I will give you that. :D
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    OT, if the mods permit.

@Nirav

Guess Austin's brand new so some less than stellar sales processes are to be expected, does not sound too bad, i guess and hope they tighten up. Calcutta really does need a good Fiat dealer+FASS.

Also, don't fret about the T-jet being relatively rare in Cal, that's true of all t-jets in any city. The car (and engine) is really very reliable, and in any case shares most parts with the mjd.

Be sure to pen your experiences in the appropriate thread/sub-forum, ya?

cheers
    asimpleson likes this.
  7. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Fiat has all the capability to build India specific which is rich on features,ok with little bit less mileage due to "vault-like" build ,Delight to drive for city and highway(already there),Spacious,AMT 6/5 speed(Premium consumers loves it) and price it in sensible manner.
    Asking lot from Fiat i think:confused:.
    we can see the elite i20 has The 1.4L CRDi motor and is rated at 22.54 kpl for the Era and Magna variants & 21.76 kpl for the Sportz, Sportz (O) and Asta variants and for Swift it is 25.5 kpl but still Elite managed 10K sales, that is big feat IMHO and we cant only count the Mileage here as selling point but Hyundai would have managed more sales if they had sales and service in tier 3 cities and would have easily crossed the swift sales figures IMHO.
    Maruti has the big advantage of presence in Tier 1,2 and 3 cities for over three decades now and sells more then the competition IMHO and this might be a big reason for others low sales.
    Fiat can be slow in bringing the top most products to India but they can at-least fast track the ASS setup which will be your backbone for any sales.
    The best idea to setup the ASS is like going in Vodafone way as they have come up with Vodafone Mini store and it would been more profitable with spares sales and service.
    Fiat lost the big opportunity in setting up Fiat cafe in Tier 1,2 (Like TATA which has Concorde) this would have brought good numbers in term of sales and also inspired confidence in the customers to go for it.
    why i am thinking mini stores because in Bangalore i have seen lot of small ASS where they are supporting the Maruti cars(Maruti claims 3060 nationwide service outlets).
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. kgk

kgk Timido

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I was at RushHrs, Baner Road, Pune (a burger restaurant) the other day, and was (pleasantly) surprised to see Linea and Avventura ad running in a loop on their display. Anyone else spotted this?
    upload_2014-12-21_15-51-45.jpeg

Also saw Linea ad on Tata Sky channel 100 once, but haven't seen a repeat recently. These kind of unconventional methods are a good option for FIAT to draw more people to their showrooms for TD, without spending a bomb on prime time advertising. Would be happy to see more of this!
    prabhjot and pdash like this.
  9. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Had been to Khau Galli, a food event in Pune at Pandit farms. Saw the Avvy and the Linea on display there. The Avventura looks awesome and quite large with the rear spare wheel. Good to see Fiat marketing catching up.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.