1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Okay, so does the I20 have the Follow me home headlamps, does it have the Microsoft Blue and me functionality, Does it have the Auto door lock with delay operation fuctionality like Punto, Does it have all window one-touch down power windows, Does it recognize voice commands like changing songs and My car settings, Does I20 have Height adjustable seat belts with load limiter? Also, Punto is in no way inferior to I20 in KMPL. I get 23 kmpl easily if driven with light foot. I will take these ARAI figures of Maruti , Hyundai and Honda with a pinch of salt. I have seen owners of Linea T-JET saying they got mileage around 11 kmpl within city limits and this is what a Honda city will also give. Even i10 gives only this mileage within city limits.

Punto is already a better product when compared with Swift. Space is better in Punto, Again I repeat mileage of Punto is as good as Swift, Service cost is less according to me for Punto due to long service intervals, Build quality is good. Features are good in Punto than Swift(Swift doesn't have Follow me home, Blue and me, Exact door open indicator, Bluetooth for Audio, Height adjustable seat belts with load limiter, What about the boot space? and many more) and you say that I am a blind FIAT fan??
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    prabhjot, Aviral singh and jumu like this.
  2. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    this will go on and on, does Evo has auto head lamps and wipers and 6 speed gear box, and in india what is on paper figures that matter with the pinch of salt also :) no offense mate
    vista7155 likes this.
  3. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

No offense to you also :) , but what I try to convey is FIAT's products aere not bad and in fact at par with competition. The problem is with marketing, lack of dealerships in tier 3 cities, herd mentality, blind belief in brands like Honda and Suzuki, perceived brand image etc.

But here, people are complaining that 'FIAT products are bad, they give less mileage and they lack features', which is not correct. Guess, people here are also having herd mentality.

We should wait for new products to be launched until new products arrive. At this momnt there are only two products(Punto and Linea) which were 5 years old. Sales won't pick up immediately. We should give FIAT some time until new products were launched. Now, FIAT India is going in the RIGHT DIRECTION with establishing the sales and service outlets which were their weak area, and we should appreciate it.
    prabhjot and Aviral singh like this.
  4. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Yes, First time test driving means Test driving Fiat cars for the first time , That doesnt mean They hadn't driven cars before, or owned a car...:)
    Aviral singh likes this.
  5. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

Dear friend Please read my comments before replying.
    I have nowhere said that swift is better compared to Punto i have clearly told that maruti should be taken as benchmark to provide better ASS support for the customers who has brought the product by investing their hard earned money and for your reference i am quoting my comments again.
    "Swift(Maruti) for ASS and commitment in providing support to sold customers but here they have closed the center for East India and can they give this kind of treatment to US Customers no way?"

When you compare to Elite it has big list of features which Punto Lacks such as 16" rims(Punto 90 hp has), key-less entry & go, 8-speaker stereo, rake & reach steering, rear air-con, reversing cam, cooled glove-box,6 speed gear box,Spacious,Bluetooth Phone & Audio Streaming and lots more
    Please refer the link to check it http://www.carwale.com/comparecars/hyundai-elite-i20-vs-fiat-punto-evo/?car1=3639&car2=3614
    Still if you believe Punto is feature rich against the I20 i am sorry friend that is not the fact.
    And regarding the Fit and Finish still they have to improve here as per me and also in all the famous review they are in the same line.

Please understand we are not completely blaming Punto just asking Fiat to be proactive to remain in the competition and bring the changes to the existing line up very fast with brilliant features or similar features offered by the competition.

As Fiat is in the bottom nobody will be inspired to include the Punto in their test drive list because everybody thinks about ASS,reliability and company performance,history and resale value.
    yes resale is one of the important aspect including me,you and everybody here
    when we sell our products we will bargain to get extra money and nobody sells at throw away price.
    Nobody wants to buy a product where we don't have a buyer.

If fiat offers the Punto now to our north eastern part customers do you think they will buy it? no never already they are suffering from Fiat's attitude towards the support and also they will recommend against it from buying to others and if we call this as herd mentality then i don't have any words to explain.
    In today's age if we loose one customer it will impact 100 more customers and Fiat also knows very well still they are not interested in taking actions.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    And so a last minute unplanned visit to Fiat dealership turned to something useful. Well in a way. After a brief discussion and assistance in a sales pitch directed towards my friend about Fiat and how all Fiats are the best.. :) the sales guy was all smiley and said "Wait for 2-3 months sir, things will change" I said, "are you sure its no later than that", he said "no sir just wait and see. Latest by March the 1.6 will be introduced in the market." I said "1.6!? not 1.5", he said "ya 1.5/1.6". Must be either of the two, I deduced. Me "In the AVVY?" Him "Probably not."

So does that mean we might see a T-jet and 1.5/1.6 introduced together. Lets wait and see and hope he is correct with that info.

A TD of avvy and the sound system with a good quality Audio CD (not mp3) sounded pretty decent border-lining to good enough for a factory system. Definitely much more livable than before. Good job Fiat. About rest of the drive characteristics, the reports are already in plenty on the forum.

Before that, along the way a TD of CIAZ DDiS was done, the interiors are refreshing and all beige and most Mumbai-ities would not complain I am sure. The engine and GB was so well tuned and felt perfect. The car really felt and accelerated like petrol raised from a lower gear. Great job by Maruti Engineers too!

When we arrived to the showroom by noon there was not a single customer and that was kinda embarrassing for Fiat bragging person.:eggonface: By the time we left after an hour or so, there were no less than 6 customers with friends and families checking the AVVY and other beauties. The other positive thing about the whole interaction was the sales guy was quite gung ho about AVVY. His reasoning, "Sir where have they begun delivering, just wait and see, it will pick-up much better when it is on road" (i.e. the sales)
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

The Evo has many features the i20 elite does not have. e.g., fully foldable AND tumble-down seats. Distance-to-empty and realtime mileage indicator, rear wiper and defogger, one touch window controls, follow-me-home lights, LED tail-lights. And you are including many of creamy-malai 'features' that come only the much-higher-priced (with no discounts, next to no dealer provided accessories and exorbitant warranty charges too) Asta (o). The tyre size esp width is greater version-for-version of the Evo compared to the non-topend versions of the i20.

So clearly: like the engines, equipment levels have NOTHING to do with the not-so-great 'mystery'/frustration of why Fiat's sales aren't rising further and faster (they have risen a lot year-to-date, the only firm other than the three East Asians for which this is the case, everyone is down hugely year-to-date).

And yet these rumours persist and are perpetuated about 'Fiats lack this and that...'! The bestseller i20 has equal or WORSE engines both petrol and diesel and has equal or LESS equipment and yet....the Fiat Punto Evo is the one that is 'underpowered' and 'under-equipped' apparently!

These distortions in objective facts are a clear sign that there is an A PRIORI bias prevalent against Fiats in particular and non-M/HY/H/T cars in general.

But yes, rather than giving discounts they would've been better advised to have had say an 'Absolute' edition on all 3 models with many more USELESS 'features', at Emotion prices of course.

NOT that such actions would've made much difference to sales figures, though.

Now, if they could offer the Evo and Avventura with a Panoramic sunroof...at say 20000 more than the Emotion prices...maybe...slightly! ;-) At least they could advertise it louder, then, for this 'USP' ?! :)

To be constructive then, rather than denunciatary, let us agree that the t-jet on the evo and avventura + AMTs on them and maybe even the Linea 1.3 mjd are essential in 2015. With more advertising. Less discounting at the beginning of next year.

And: the 1.5/1.6 mjd on the Linea, with a re-re-worked front grill+bumper. And don't orphan the Linea when it comes to marketing budgets, which should be increased further, much more, now that the FiatChrysler merger is complete, FCA is doing great in the US, and has a soaring stock price on the NYSE and the Milan exchange.

Many more local, dealer-level (paid for by Fiat) marketing off-line actions: sponsoring local events, displaying the cars in malls/baazars etc, esp in tier 2/3 cities. More regional/local language ads in the regional/local press and cable channels.

Say what?
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    jackharrisw and ramjn like this.
  8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

I have compared properly with higher end that is 90 hp sport vs asta crdi 1.4
    what ever you are telling about the features are very much present in elite and may be there are some which are not present and please don't tell they are highly priced please refer the below features present in elite for your information(source team Bhp and official web site for features list of Elite).
    Please understand the point we are talking here Punto may have certain features which are not present in the Elite but I20 is already a established product but if Fiat want to sell for huge numbers they have to include below list of features and may be more to attract the buyers.

Asta costs 7.67 and 90hp sport costs 7.25 both are Ex-showroom, New Delhi for extra 42K you will get below features where dealer cant provide as accessory to any car and if you call it has creamy-malai 'features' then very sad that you are not recognizing it.

1. Auto folding ORVMS.
    2. Steering Reach and Rake adjustment.
    3. Reverse camera and censors(may be done at outside)
    4. Start Stop button.
    5. Auto head lamps.
    6. Center arm rest with storage(may be done at outside but fit and finish matters here)
    7. Smart Key.
    8. glove box cooling.
    9. 2 12V sockets and much more features.

And here 90 HP sport has
    1. LED Tail lamps.
    2. Automatic door lock.
    3. Both the 75 HP and 90 HP versions get one size smaller spare wheel (doesn't look bad when compared to others) how much they have saved by going with this size and i will condemn any OEM who are following it.
    4. Height adjustable seat belts.

If we blindly follow the brand then it is very bad we have to see what competition is offering and also should be light hearten in accepting the backlash/criticism.
    If somebody goes for test drive they will be doing with higher end model and these are the creamy-malai 'features' will attract the people and will become strong contender to purchase.

Please refer below chart from our own forum review where Punto is least powered car compared to others.
    If we tell all this are just paper figures and in real world they drive very good it absolutely don't make any sense for new customer, where he is not going to drive the car for long time while test drive and as well as the first impression is the best to create in the mind of customer.

This will be my last post regarding the comparison and i don't want to prove again and again with facts that competition is better.
    dadasaheb and Raj_pol like this.
  9. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    @vista7155 Absolutely brilliant post and what I think fellow members are refusing to understand is it is a fact that a 67 BHP engine on the Punto is under powered. Also marketing counts and so a rich feature list does help.
    In my new EVO, I have observed the rubber (around the windows) in one place came loose and I plonked it back. Does not matter to me, will matter to a lot of folks.
    The Elite i20 is a good carand we should give credit where due and the ride though not as good as the Punto is much improved.

The key word here is improved, whereas the Punto's gear box stays the same for 5 years :D. That is the interest in India.
    My last post too. Peace.
  10. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @vista7155 brilliant and very much needed post. thanks for showing the much needed mirror.
    as forum members we should not just blindly follow the things, there should be enough fairness and appreciation of the improvements made by others also.
    Agree that some features may be offered by Evo and not by Elite i20, but but if Evo has to attract buyers then it should be offering all the features of i20 and plus some more not just 3-4.
    rishike007 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.