1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    it seems what they have done india specific is to increase the ground clearance of all cars, single lesson learnt in almost a decade.
    for FE and space and other USPs i think they will need another 4-5 decades LOL
    they should learn form VW and Hyundai for the turn around time for new engines or cars.
  2. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    To be successful in terms of Sales number Fiat should concentrate on
    1. Image Makeover
    2. After Sales Service
    3. New Engine and Model Launches

Thats it, But For Fiat lovers its all time best buy ;)
  3. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Now there is this Honda jazz coming...
    Which should boast a class leading FE with good performance ,same HU from the city and hot hot sporty looks

Now that is ticking all the boxes
    where does punto tick? It looks good but not as good as the GP.. It doesn't even have the mini-maserati swag anymore....
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Fiat has to start from ground up if they need to be successful in India. They should have a small car in the 3-3.5L range like the wagon R. I know of a successful fruit juice shop in Chennai. They had some exotic high priced juices as well as mid segment juices, but they always had a juice for the college and school kid priced at Rs.15/- only and sold them at the school and college functions too. The kids and the college going lads and lasses spent time on the Rs.15 juices and got hooked to the shop. After they got married, they still come with their wives and extended families. This story could be very similar to Maruti and Hyundai success too. Catch them young, serve their needs at small costs, then they will realize the product value from the engine to the handling and suspension dynamics. It will keep the dealerships abuzz, the service stations will be profitable and expansion will be possible at Fiat terms.

If you see, all others who came in with just mid segment and the higher are all struggling. With the Chevy spark, GM was chugging along well until they flogged the spark to death

Abdul
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 12, 2014 ---
    1. All of them in the petrol segment boast of class leading FE in the ads, but really are the cars delivering as promised? I dont think so. Yesterday I was driving a Brio and the MID showed 11.6 litres per 100km which translates to 8.6kmpl. Most people say FE for most cars hover around 10 practically.

2. Punto EVO is not a bad looker. Companies have to move on with their designs. Cant keep flogging the same stuff. Every design has a life cycle beyond which it becomes long in the tooth. Nowadays people get tired of most things very quickly. For cars fatigue sets in around 3- 4 years. For mobiles it is one year. We can see the trend in marriages too. Hope it doesnt get to disastrous levels especially in marriages.

Abdul
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  5. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Even i am getting a mileage of 10 kmpl with 100% AC on in the torturous Bangalore traffic. A couple of my friends driving Hyundais and Marutis are also getting the same mileage. On the highways, i am consistently getting 15 kmpl (an occassional 16 kmpl too) with my 1.2L Fire Petrol engine.
  6. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    I am very much disappointed at the Market response for Fiat cars in India. Fiat makes good products but something is missing that is very important for Indian customers. Many people doing test drive are not satisfied because they couldnt find comfortable seating position. Ergonomics is important for any product. Another problem is Fiat car's pick up is below the others in the same segment. Gear box makes that problem more severe. When a person doing test drive for the first time may not like sluggishness compared to others in competition. Same people will realize the beauty and driving comfort of Fiat vehicles after doing a long ride.. but For test drive Fiats are failing to impress some of the new customers. Fiat could have easily resolve these issues even before.
    Raj_pol and dadasaheb like this.
  7. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Fiat India is still a sleeping slumber when it comes to slot enthusiastic engines. Relaunching is not just about giving ground clearance and modifying looks. The driveability/gear shifts should impress the mass public which Fiat has failed to understand. Hence not making that effort. They are still in the hangover phase of breaking TATA-FIAT JV. TATA itself have turned the tables with Zest and the upcoming Bolt. Awesome products to the already existing competition. High time to get the ASS to bring in the trust and more marketing campaigns. We should have a T-Fiat meet with Fiat India folks to provoke ideas.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I want to recall a incident happened almost 3 years back.

One of my friend is owning a Ritz. When I asked him why not you thought for Punto.
    Friend: Space is less compared to Ritz. I was like :mad:
    Me: But as per the the spec. Punto is more in length compared to Ritz.
    Friend: Seating position is not that good. Again I was like again :mad:
    After 6 months I got my 1.2 Punto & this guy came with me to Pune.
    Me: Punto's seats are not that good as Ritz.
    Friend: No re, they are very comfortable.
    Me: But you said so when I asked
    Friend: Pause......
    Me: Space in punto is not that good right.
    Friend: No re, its quiet spacious.
    Me: But you said so. That's why you choose Ritz right?
    Friend: That was not the reason. It's financial reasons. As Ritz is cheaper than Punto that's why?
    Me: Punto is expensive than Ritz, I can agree on this. But the features you are getting in Punto, same are not there in Ritz. Only you got aux in. Which is not a big deal. Spend another 5 or 7K you will get far better music aftermarket systems.
    Friend: Yea, I knew but. No resell
    Me: Can you assure me you can get alive for reselling if your Ritz met an accident.

After that there were no conversation between both of us during the journey.

Moral of the story Fiat is making cars which are really value for money cars.
    The seats are very comfortable compared to rivals. The cars are very spacious. In Handling, no one can beat Fiat's car in the segment.
    bharath, PuntoMJD, prabhjot and 3 others like this.
  9. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    3-digit sales figures for November , even with Avvy included which is a bit disheartening o_O Only 760 ( Linea - 144 , Evo + Avvy - 616).
    Feel bad for Linea, such an amazing sedan but hardly any takers for it :( In the last 6 months, it has never touched 200.

I was expecting a 4 digit number as I heard that there have been significant number of Avvy bookings but may be deliveries are pending for most of them.

Lets see what Fiat can come up with in the last month, hope year ends on a happy note.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Raj_pol There'se something wrong in the figures you quote. The 1.4 Petrol Evo is priced on par or less than a topend i20 elite Asta which costs 6.7 lakhs, and IS a decidedly inferior engine to the 1.4 Fire on paper and in practice. And why are you comparing list prices of a petrol Evo with the presumably discounted price you got your diesel at? There is a hefty price gap between a petrol Evo topend and a diesel one, as listed. In any case, it is priced exactly bang in the range of its petrol competitors, the only one of which trumps it being the Tsi Polo, but that a vastly costlier.

But that doesn't stop the petrol i20 from outselling the diesel one, both of whose engines are inferior to the 1.4 Fire, and the 1.3 mjd, or the Polo's engines.

And that's the point: engines barely matter for sales numbers, what matters is, however mistaken, ill-judged, or ignorant, image and perception and brand 'trust' which is different to brand admiration or liking. Hyundai, a chaaloo Korean-cum-lately is seen as 'premium' and trustworthy (because of the Santro years) while Fiat/Skoda/Renault/Nissan are...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.