1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    you are correct that's why expecting best tech. engines which can give segment best kmpl along with the power would be the icing on cake.
    which will in turn help in grow sales numbers if not diminishing them.
    rishike007 likes this.
  2. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Well, i believe that an international automobile giant like Fiat would definitely have a sound strategy to boost its sales figures. As far as i can see, they first want to increase their footprint in India, focus more on the Quality Control and change their brand perception. Once that is done, i believe that they will bolster their product portfolio. Also, they have a dozen product offerings in Europe which they can bring to India, but, owing to negative brand perception those good products will eventually suffer and Fiat will bleed financially. Its better to wait and watch than jump mindlessly into the already very competitive Indian market. And last but not the least, sales figures do not jump overnight; even if they bring the 1.6 diesel engine every enthusiast is craving for, let us not forget that it was provided in Palio and by all standards it was not a success.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat needs to buy some automobile anti fiat forums as well as Fiat should ask Maruti to Add Fiat badge on diesel cars ;) Maruti Fiat
    unleash_thunder likes this.
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    yes, they have the best strategist in the world, they have postponed the launch of JEEP saying that Indian car industry is recovering and not in the best phase yet, and in same period other luxury brands have posted record growth in India.
    hats of to them.
  5. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Well, being a Fiat fan, i also expect them to do well in India. And Indian automobile industry is indeed recovering. Just launching products will do no good as Fiat as a brand suffers from poor reputation given the past baggage. With respect to the luxury brands, it has to do with the base effect and the growing multi-millionaires in the country.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Fiat can very much comeback to the bussiness still they have the time and deep pocket but they are very very slow and going in wrong direction.
    We can see how Renault,Ford,VW and now TATA got the right product and partialy back in the bussiness.
    Atleast Renault,Ford,TATA and VW and other companies are trying to fight and get back with innovative/creating new segment products.
    They were also surronded by negetivity atleast they are fighting but Fiat is not at all launching the new/much improved products and cribbing about herd mentality is bad IMHO.
    Let them introduce Airbags,ABS(in all models) and right gizmos with right tune of the engine which can give fun ride in city and Highway backed with aggresive marketing.
    If they again fail then we can tell India is not a country for right Product.
    But Fiat is making the product which looks too similar to each other exapmle EVO/AVVY and Classic/Linea, so for mass it is just 2 products nothing else IMHO.
    rishike007 and dadasaheb like this.
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Something interesting as per WIKI

The Suzuki SX4 is a compact car developed jointly by Japanese automaker Suzuki and Italian automaker Fiat. In some European markets the SX4 is sold as the Fiat Sedici, and in some Asian markets as the Maruti Suzuki SX4.

Wiki info for SX4 & Sedici

Why Fiat is not doing exactly against this? Why not Fiat is joining Maruti/Suzuki for sales?
  8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    ^^ there is no need to join for sales activity if they just make JV for service(advertise it every where) then sales charts will be increased dramatically because ASS is one of the big draw back for them :p.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

After sales service is NOT a problem for Fiat in its current state. Their first problem is product line-up. No one thinks of Avventura any different from Punto. If they want it to be a family car with rugged-outdoor kinda appeal, atleast they should have given it a much bigger boot. I read on some other forums that the reviewers were criticizing Renault for the slightly limited legroom vis-a-vis the boot space in the Duster, but Renault have got it right. For 12lac plus, people do expect a large boot and that is one of the selling points of that car.
    I think Fiat should have modified the Avventura much more than they have, making it wider, taller, even an inch or two could have liberated a large amount of boot space. And then there is that cumbersome rear tailgate mechanism. I am sorry, but Fiat still doesnt understand the Indian customer. Here is the problem in each of the segments:

Punto Evo vs Rest- lacklustre engine options, less fuel efficiency compared to competitors, slightly less rear seat space compared to some. Only USP ? the solid external build quality.
    Avventura vs Rest- discussed ad-nauseum since launch. Very little to differentiate over Punto Evo. Not considered to be an equal of the Ecosport, esp in engines department or features department. USP ? Ground clearance and Solid external build quality (which is not so unique with respect to the Ford).
    Linea vs Rest- underpowered diesel vs rest, heavy feel (yes! thats what people say), not enough premium appeal, perceived lack of fuel efficiency for T-Jet. , Less rear seat space compared to others . Especially head room. USP? Ground clearance and, ahem, solid external build quality.

I am deliberately ignoring attributes such as ride and handling because they are completely subjective.

How should Fiat address this now ?
    bharath and Raj_pol like this.
  10. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Indian customers do not understand these terms such as build quality and driving dynamics...... Give them figures of mileage, electronic goodies and a distinct styling or name it maruti..... People Will run after it...

In fact Fiat is not even ticking one box according to the Indian market and demands....

What should've they done...
    1. The GP with the new interiors, and smoked headlamps should've been the facelift.
    2. Launch the avventura with projectors, DRLs with the wheel well used as extra space.... Now Avventura is a completely new Product ,would be a good competition for ecosport
    3. They should've given the Viaggio's body design to the new linea - one linea is enough no need for a classic
    4. Ask maruti people to tune fiat's engine or make a new gearbox

I personally love fiats but if you ask me to buy a hatch < 8 lakhs I would go for - Bolt

CROSS - Avventura(they got the price right) else the ecosport
    sedan - New fiesta
    Raj_pol and unleash_thunder like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.