1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    it will not be fare to compare a 1.4 with the competition's 1.2s, i think we were talking about the 1.2 FIRE on Punto/EVO
    FIAT will have the USP over competition when it will have a 1.2 Multiair T-Jet against the competition's 1.2 with better power, torque, and kmpl with a better gearbox.
    VIJENDRA SINGH and vista7155 like this.
  2. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot Sir, the 1.4 engined FIAT sells at a price almost close to the diesel top end. In fact the difference in Bangalore was so minimal (compared with the net price that I ended up buying the diesel).

Hyundai Elite i20 - 6.34 Lakhs
    Suzuki Swift - 5.90 Lakhs
    Punto EVO - 6.77 Lakhs
    Polo - 6.25 Lakhs

All ex-showroom prices. You can argue all you want definitely not worth so much more.
    dadasaheb and vista7155 like this.
  3. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Seems all are petrol top end prices, right ?
    on lighter note : May be FIAT using some platinum like precious metal in the petrol engine so they do not want customers to buy it and want to keep their platinum reserve untouched.:D:banghead::wideyed:
    Raj_pol likes this.
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Carwale shows this comparison with 1.4 Evo emotion with the other top end diesel variants. Only M-Suzuki is 20K + expensive than evo 1.4 emotion.

carwale.png
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @rishike007 Sir I was talking petrols, the ones you have posted are diesels. We know they have priced the diesel correctly, it is the petrols they have nothing and they cannot afford to do that.

To continue my points - Look at the Avventura. there is no top end petrol for the Avventura.
    We have argued on the fact that a VW or a Ford is not doing well. At least they are trying. They have got the Ecoboost engines in their Ecosport. Do we have the multi-airs in the Avventura - Nope. Yet we keep saying how good the engines are.

VW can actually claim to be the only car manufacturer in India to have airbags even in their base version. Can FIAT? Again a big no - so inspite of all the claims about being a safe car the reality is a NCAAP test would still give the mid or bottom variants zero because we do not have the same.

@prabhjot Nope I am not being sarcastic only objective when I say the Avventura is just a better clad Punto. It is and since I am more a Mango man than most other folks in this forum, my opinion matters. At some point you have to see the truth and no one else can do it for you. In spite of my pointing out the below par BHP and torque figures members are arguing on why the 1.2 Fire is better. I mean VW launches a TSI and we have the Fire? Yes, VW is not doing well but launching the TSI is trying. Launching a car without a top end Petrol is not trying.

There are three things folks, companies, nations can do.

1. Try & succeed

2. Try & die

3. Do nothing.

Fiat is at point 3 now. I will not argue any further and I rest my case.
    vista7155 and dadasaheb like this.
  6. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    also Diesel i20 by 90K and diesel polo by 80K expensive
  7. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    I hope everyone bashing the 1.2L Fire Petrol would have taken a test drive of the same and then arrived at the conclusions. I own a 1.2L Fire Petrol and i can vouch for it. It is the most underrated engine and for me it is doing a great job,to be fair. It is a much better engine as compared to the competition. I believe we purchase cars to commute rather than indulging in a drag-race. If zooming from the signals as soon as it turns green is the idea, i suppose we should stop buying regular commute vehicles and switch to Ferraris of the world. Every car will have their own set of drawbacks and there is nothing called a perfect car. Its the buyers perspective. Also, Fiat has committed mistakes in the past and hence its reputation has suffered and consequently, there is a lukewarm response to their products. Even my family has vehemently opposed my idea of owning a Fiat, though i went against the tide and bought it. Once my family members took a ride in my Punto, they are now convinced that i have made the right choice. I believe we should look at a vehicle in totality and i can safely say after six months of my ownership that Fiat Punto 1.2L Fire Petrol is utilitarian and for me its the best among its competitors. ( I had taken a TD of i20 and was put off by its ride and handling and non-responsive steering. Similarly, was put off by Swift's handling and elimination of some important gizmos on the mid-variant.)
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Actually that is because the 1.4 engines are at a different duty level compared to 1.2. That is the reason why all diesels for hatchbacks stay at 1.5 or below and petrols at 1.2 or below. Fiat is not even thinking.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 11, 2014 ---
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    dadasaheb likes this.
  9. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    yes, i have explained to some member about the cubic capacity bracket for excise benefit few posts ago.
    that's why i have mentioned that 1.2 Multiair T-Jet will be good instead of 1.4 T-Jet considering the price difference of both for less than 4 m length cars.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I really don't understand where we are going to use this cubic capacity? In the crowded traffic jam during the day to day commute? No if we are planning for a car, everyone is thinking for the raising fuel cost. Then the 1.2 or 1.4 T-jet can give a justice but 1.6 can't. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    unleash_thunder likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.