1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Even if we see that it will probably be for Euro or Bharat stage compliance, probably with MJD2 specs. And also for bigger car variants or CUVs, SUVs or real crossovers.
  2. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    These sales figures were expected by me.. I find nothing new in Punto Evo when compared with Grande Punto. If I am in the market right now for a hatch back I would straight away book the Polo with my eyes closed. FIAT India has spoiled the classic looks of the Punto by saying that Indians love chrome. I was seriously looking for the design of the Punto Evo which is available in international markets with a new gear box. But FIAT India spoiled the party. And, Linea looses to it's contenders on the engine output. Linea is the least powerful car in its segment leaving aside the Fiesta. Also, Avventura is not a new vehicle. It's just another Punto with a wheel mounted in the hatch. All these coupled with least awareness about the brand. After the year 2009, no new products were launched by FIAT. Now, what can we expect from sales.
  3. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    No linea is not a least powered car, have you seen the power figures of sunny and scala it is 85 PS
  4. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    Linea is least powerful when compared with it's main competitors like Rapid, Vento, Verna and City. Though Ciaz has the same engine it's tuning, gearbox, power to weight ratio doesn't make it feel underpowered.
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    add to it Ciaz have one of the best 0 - 100 kmph figure of 11.3 seconds given by some auto magazines, created a buzz.
    and also most IMP kitna deti hai is 26.4 kmpl more by 6 kmpl than Linea.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

I would say the Linea is better matched up with its competitors than the Punto/Avvy. It has some bells and whistles . No one cares about a sturdy body. Unfortunate but true.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    These numbers are being misread here.

These are NOT retail sales, which are FAR higher. These are dispatches to dealers. All models, with the slight exception of the Polo which is up year-on-year but down since october, of all manufacturers other than M, HY and Honda are down in percentage terms by as much and in most cases MORE than Fiat's. Hell, even the i10 Grande and the Verna are down nearly 40%, let alone the Duster, Terrano, Ecosport, Figo, Vento, Micra etc.

This is just a year-end inventory correction by the factory. I bet most of the 616 are Avventura-s, rather than Evo-s.

AND: this market herds, wantonly and mindlessly. A facelifted Swift is enough to see sales go from 12,000 odd in october to 18,000 in November. This, after the revelations of just how unsafe the car is. And an undeserved super hit (the new i20) sells even further, up to 10500! Together they've cleaned-up the segment the Evo is in. Proof? Even the i10 Grand, Xcent and Amaze sales have fallen off a cliff, let alone the Evo and the Micra.

Given the year-end bloodbath for nearly all models from nearly all brands (a similar thing happened last year) and the launch of the new Swift, there really is NOTHING to be shocked about.

We'll see in January and February: these figures are TOTALLY unrepresentative, for all firms (except Maruti, HY and H) not just Fiat.

None of that means that the curses we hurl at Fiat India for not launching the 1.6 mjd or supposedly not advertising enough etc are invalid.

Though they may well be! ;-) Given my contention that the car buying public in India is a closed-minded, un-informed, risk-averse, unreflective yet 'aspirational' herd of 'suckers'. ;-)

PS: hey, we've forgotten to celebrate the Linea's increased sales in November, it sold 15 more this month! ;-)
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    could you please tell me any point in favor of EVO compared with i20 apart from ride handling and solid built which are the FIAT characteristics in any car from FIAT. so how can you say that the i20 is undeserved super hit.
    car buyers are not uninformed at least they compare
    power, kmpl, space, looks, features, price (VFM)
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    We tend to console ourselves of the low figures by saying that the figures are factory despatch nos. The fact is that we have been following the same factory despatch method constantly as that is what we get. No need to even sniff at the retail nos. It will only result in confusion

Abdul
  10. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot and the most IMP part both swift and i20 enjoys is best ASS and marketing from their companies.
    there is one member from TFI who is waiting for the delivery of Avvy in Himachal, but FIAT has not supplied any AVVY in 2014 for Himchal according to him.
    if such a boycott for one state how can we imagine the sales growing.
    swifts or i20s sold in the same state may be around 500 at least.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.