1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Going by the logic in the article, Fiat should have sold 1507 cars in Nov 2014. Nov 2013 Fiat sold 1005 cars.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

I honestly feel like laughing at the statement made by the poor CEO, of course he cant really help it. Market share is 0.6% ? I'd hate to quote those numbers. He may try to increase the dealerships but they are flogging a near-dead product in the form of the Linea and soon-to-be-near-dead in the form of Punto Evo.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    There is the 'magic' of compounding of growth. Give them time, and watch how sales nos. compound. Till the slew of new launches (Fiat and Jeep) happen in 2016 and into 2017.

Remember: this is only the first year of the total root and branch re-launch of the Fiat brand/dealers FASS etc. Believe me: this time they're doing it right (enough)! Just like they are in the US, China, Australia, Brazil, Turkey, Poland, Serbia and in Europe.

(read my earlier post)
  5. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Friends, any new on last month sales figure?
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    November Sales

Punto + Avventura = 616
    Linea = 144

Total Sales = 760

Information courtesy - Management Punditz
    Ravi and prabhjot like this.
  7. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    This may imply that Avvy has cannibalized Evo's sale>
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 10, 2014 ---
    Regardless these numbers are disappointing.
  8. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Liva + cross managed to sell 2000+ waw what more to say about indian customers taste
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    EVEN IF the Punto+Avventura numbers are correct, and they may not be: there isn't the slightest need for panic and hand-wringing on TFi, IMHO! ;-)

Here's my take, and we all must go to the managementpunditz site's full listing of all car sales by model and company to see the truth of it (i believe).

There is a precipitous drop of 30 to 50+ % in nearly ALL car model sales from ALL companies barring the ALREADY hotselling models from the East Asian Oligopoly (M, HY, Honda and for the Corolla+Innova+Fortuna: Toyota), BOTH year-on-year AND month-on-month. The only exception is the VW Polo slightly up year-on-year but it too is down from October.

i.e., this is just the year-end production and dispatch cut-back, so as to allow dealers to clear inventory that is labelled 2014.

WITHOUT any doubt: the actual sales at the dealers' end (esp for Fiat because of the Avventura, but probably for all firms) for November were far far higher than this 616 number suggests. These figures are factory-dispatch nos. and NOT retail sales figures, if I am not wrong.

In any case, Fiat's dispatches are down no more than that of any of the other firms, in fact less.

Also: More Linea-s were dispatched by Fiat in November than in October, making it one of the VERY few models in the entire industry for which the iron law of (a) year-end blood-bath and (b) market dominance by M, HY, H and T did not apply. Even the Verna and the Vento have sunk utterly.

Plus: Swift sales were 11,000+ in October and have shot up beyond 17,000 (people waited for the facelift) AND the i20 elite as well as the Zest (Fiat has a share in each of these, remember!) have between them hogged ALL the sales delta from October.

Sales numbers in November and December are totally misleading. We'll have to wait for the new year to see whether the Avventura has launched successfully, and whether the Evo has the ability to at least sell like the earlier Grande Punto, hold its own against the new Swift, new i20, new Polo, new Zest+Bolt, new Micra, Xcent, Amaze etc.

My sense is yes for the Avventura BUT no for the Evo.

We'll see in January.

Man, the rampaging sales dominance of Maruti, Hyundai (and Honda and Toyota in the C2 and D1/2 segments) is very pissing-off, it might even be criminal! ;-)

Well, at least Fiat gets good revenues out of both Tata sales and more importantly, Maruti ones! ;-)
    bharath, PuntoMJD and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  10. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I really do not understand the mentality of the Indian crowd. It just amazes me.

People can go for tin cans without checking.

But I must admit the way toyota responds to service calls and the way they follow up. And I think the main reason behind it is that the dealers are able to make good profit. With FIAT, I hear that the dealers have to break-even in the service and not in sales.

So people actually go in for better service that they hear from others.
    prabhjot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.