1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acechip

acechip Superiore

I am telling you, unless Sergio Marchionne has his heart in this affair, things will not change.
    Fiat India is pretty much left to itself.
    Even so, they can try a few things which they aren't.
  2. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    Somehow, I can't agree to this point. If it is the case, then they would not have opened FIAT Exclusive dealerships and won't have plans to launch JEEP brand. But, I would agree the priority and focus for FIAT as of now is for development in United States.
  3. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    guys any idea how premier is doing with Rio? Just curious because according to their website they have 5 dealerships across Assam.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The 2-3 odd customers I spoke to at a Premier SC, the owner of whom I happen to know (at Mumbai) were pretty happy. They are happy with the car, but with regards SC and even sales, there is a lot to be achieved. The car ain't bad, except the initial niggles and hiccups customers faced due to shortage of SC and Premier's dealer's inexperience with multi-jet engine (untrained people) and some peculiar problems as associated with any new model. They claim all major issues during initial days have been taken care of.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
    punto11 likes this.
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

What Fiat should have done is launch their premium brands much earlier. The Maseratis, the Jeeps, Alfa Romeos. That would have given them some leg in the premium (>25 lac) space as well. And then that trickle down effect would have continued on the Linea/Punto etc.
    The tie-up with Tata was a big mistake. Gave them complete lethargy at all levels (sales to service). VW launched its mainline products on the strength of its premium brands. Therefore they have a better market perception.
    But right now, I think Fiat has even more trouble on their hands with quality problems in Chrysler!
    http://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...r-consumer-reports-betts-marchionne/18176163/
    The ever infamous "Fix It Again, Tony" syndrome is back for FCA USA.
  6. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Any info about November sales?

Expecting more than 1500!
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Still not likely. I'd say: 1250-1300 max. The Evo's sales this month will be much lower than october, since there was the one-off the 500 Punto Evo-s bought by the Guujrati diamond 'seth'.

but: getting there! ;-)
  8. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Yes

But expecting Avventura count!
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    OT but still a tangent to the same circle:

Fiat-Chrysler sales in the USA are up more than 20% year-on-year for the month of November. Up big month-on-month too. All brands, all models, many hitting all-time sales records. The new Jeep Cherokee, the new Chrysler 200, even the Dodge Dart (Viaggio), and the Fiat 500L and several others hitting all-time sales records.

By far the fastest growing car company in the US of A and Canada. HUGELY creditable given how big the company is, how phoenix-from-the-ashes like its performance has been over the last 3-4 years.

And the 500X and the Jeep Renegade coming soon, too. One or both are sure to be hits.

FCA up as much as 6% year-on-year even in recessionary Italy. Over a 1000 Jeep renegades delivered already in Italy alone. Fiat 500X coming soon to Europe too. Panda, 500 and 500L selling real well across Europe, stagnant though its economy is, Punto still going strong in Italy at least.

i.e., Marchionne is a rare business leader who actually IS a genius.

Now, if only the more than slightly idiotic Indian car market can further add to the FCA brands' and models' global momentum!

Actually: it already is, in a way, what with good profits this last financial year, thanks to the JV plant, exports and engine+AMT sales to Maruti. And the big year-to-date improvement in Fiat's own-brand sales.

Hope the Avventura has sold at least 400-500 in Nov, without affecting sales of the Evo adversely either.

Apologies for the OT post, mods, if deemed such, couldn't find a more suitable thread.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
    cassini, vista7155, shreyasK and 3 others like this.
  10. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Murphy_Fiat and dadasaheb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.