1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnyBoy

JohnyBoy Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    I think October figures will be 1200-1300
  2. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    1200-1300 is too pessimistic (no-offence), my bet on 1500+.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I think we should stop speculating the numbers that could be. This will be like a betting forum. Lets wait for the real figures. Its bound to come out in a few days. Lets exercise patience.

Abdul
  4. JohnyBoy

JohnyBoy Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    I think 1200 is realistic. It would be great if it crosses 1200.

All of us will be excited if Fiat can hit 1500 or 2000. All this excitement now is because of Avventura. It is officially launched but I don;t think dealers got the vehicles for display/test drive. I went to the Navi Mumbai showroom (Balaji Fiat) 4 times in last 2 weeks and they don't have any idea when the car will be available. I requested test drive through Fiat website also - 3 times, no response. If this is the case in Navi Mumbai (which is closer to their factory in Pune), the situation won't be better in most of the cities. May be the cars will be in showroom in next 1-2 weeks and this will boost the sales - in November and December. 1500 is a possibility in December, not in October.
    prabhjot, punto11 and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    They say they have 500 pre-bookings, but how many of these would they actually have dispatched in October, given than the launch was only on the 21st, and the official pricing city-wise released only several days later?

They've got other bookings since the 21st of course, and there are the sales to dealers for display and for TD vehicles. So, a few hundred this month, but the real number will show up only in nov and dec.

The point of interest will be whether the Avventura makes up well for cannibalized Punto Evo sales? October's Evo sales numbers should be great though?
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

I love this guessing game. Although it will become predictable in a couple of months. Those 455 Puntos. I hope they are not a part of the September dispatches:sour:. Unlikely that all those cars lined up for the photo-op were delivered expressly in October itself. Like someone mentioned, Fiat has forgotten to run its plants. They have been ambling leisurely for many months now.
    My guess: (150+400+500) = 1050 (+/- 50).
  7. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    FIAT sold a total of 1368 cars in October.
    Evo - 1238
    Linea - 130 :(:mad:

For some reason no Avventura numbers this month. Some part of me was actually hoping with all the festive season and 450+ Puntos sold to a single guy, somehow we will see 1500+ numbers for Evo itself or atleast FIAT this month. However, Linea is doomed. 700+ people in India can buy the sail sedan but not the Linea!

On a positive note, FIAT outsold Datsun and Skoda this month; although only very slightly.
    mchanna, Ravi, multijetter and 2 others like this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The original source of sales numbers seems to be coming only from Management Punditz. How do they get to know the numbers? Also, the missing numbers for Avventura is strange. All given numbers are supposed to be the number of shipments from the Manufacturer to the dealers. If that is the case, didn't we see the Avventura's at the dealership? We even know that Avventura deliveries too happened. I believe the given number for Fiat for October is not the accurate figure.
    gautham likes this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If the source is team-bhp, they have mentioned original source as http://management-punditz.blogspot.in/, so most likely this is correct information.
    However missing Avventura number is a surprise.

• Punto EVO has big jump and anything 1000+ is decent.
    • Linea sales still a sad story, Fiat need to act seriously on this product, else better to kill this product.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My question is, how do we know that the information from Management Punditz is the correct information when there is no other source available? Vague question now but this got into me very recently. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.