1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Oh and do not forget the Palio Adventure! With the right engines/gear box and correct pricing, it would have given both the Duster and the Ecosport a run for their money!

Palio should have come with 75PS MJD while the 90 PS one should have been standard on Punto. Also, if only FIAT tuned the 90HP for Punto Evo like they did for Avventura.
    I read that Avventura, despite being 60Kgs heavier than Evo (90HP) is over 1second quicker in 0-100 dash. I think the same tuning for Evo would have easily made it do 0-100 in less than 13.5 seconds. That would have shut a lot of mouths up!
    prabhjot and Amit Rox like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The new tune of the mjd on the Avventura has traded-away a fair bit of the highway/mid-range punch, apparently, for better low-end responsiveness. That is not necessarily welcome for those who are keen on the Punto and Avventura for highway long drives. But yeah, i guess in this market this new tune is more 'in tune' with people's city-road driveability bias, and so is welcome from a sales perspective.

It is also testament to the amazing flexibility of the mjd: it can give great results across a wide band of radically different tunings: I met a guy at FASS the other day who claimed to have a 120 hp remap of the mjd that he has driven for over a lakh kms with no issues at all! :)

It is only the utter rubbish otherwise known as ARAI's headline fuel efficiency figures that has come in the way of Fiat using this brilliant little engine's potential.
    Amit Rox likes this.
  3. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Coming back to the sales and market share of FIAT India, I think it is completely meaningless to compare their sales with any other car manufacturer; even the ones which are in the vicinity of FIAT in terms of monthly sales.

FIAT's competition for atleast the next 2 years is with their own selves! They are fighting a battle to sustain themselves in this market and at the same time trying to change the brand perception that the Indian people carry about FIAT. New launches (Including the other brands owned by FIAT), continuous efforts to build the brand and ever increasing service network and service quality are key factors to win this battle.

I think if FIAT manages to sell 20000+ cars in 2015 with only the Linea, Evo and avventura in their portfolio, they can be a little happier. The most important thing for FIAT currently is to out do their own self month on month in every aspect (sales, service, quality, enquiries, footfalls, marketing etc.).
    cassini and prabhjot like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Todays article says they are eyeing the next sector of towns for adding more showrooms and FASS. Mr. Nagesh himself has commented that they have tested in few towns of Maharastra and its been quite encouraging and thus by end of this year they want to add 25 more of such.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    For crying out loud - they should absolutely do something about the north-east. People back home are willing to experiment and with the hilly terrain and all, the Avventura might sell a few provided they get the showrooms in order.
    Some time back I was reading a news article on how the north-east has one of the highest concentration of super bikes in the country. Sounds unbelievable but true.
    cassini and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

Not a bad idea. In fact, the Avventura would be perfect for the potholed streets of small towns. Add a typical carrier on those roof rails.
    But Fiat needs to expand its human resource strength considerably for a B/C town push. Who knows? May be that market may be its saviour !
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    To succeed in smaller towns Fiat will need to be much more locally active in terms of on-the-ground marketing and promotion: they will need to pay for dealer-level decisions about the kind of promotions to be done, in what 'idiom' etc, and yet retain enough control and supervision over the way the brand is being presented.

So yeah, it needs more and DIFFERENT types of human resources for smaller towns/regions. e.g., 'macho'-giri and hyper-hyperbole in advertising in North India might be more apt than the European, 'metrosexual', Fiat-is-a-funloving-friend idiom used for both the Evo and the Avventura TVCs.

They cannot shy away from the task though, even if it takes quite long to really pay off. Fiat (and soon, Jeep) simply cannot rely, as they do currently, almost exclusively on the 8-10 odd biggest cities. In the longer run.

btw, Fiat sales numbers are actually pretty damn good if you consider the limited geographies in which they really sell, no?! ;-)
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What would be the numbers for October'2014? I am speculating it at 2000+. Way too optimistic? :)
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Yes. But am sure you/we are in the same ballpark/maidan as '2000'! ;-)
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  10. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    I am feeling too optimistic for the sales to reach 2000 for October. But, would be very happy, if you guys were correct :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.