1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    How do you and me know that Maruti, Hyundai and Honda (including dealers and ASS) are good at 'listening and knowing and implementing what the customer wants'? Because they sell well.

Why do they sell well? Because they 'listen' to their customers, service them well...

i.e., circular reasoning! i.e., says nothing analytic, just 'tautological' as the philosophers and mathematicians say.

Here's my take: most people who're buying a Punto or Linea segment car have had good, if ill-informed and ignorant, experiences with their (Maruti and Hyundai) cut-price entry level offerings. And so have their parents, siblings, friends etc. Why? Because of the early mover advantages of Maruti and Hyundai, sustained and executed well, unlike Fiat's, which was botched.

In the process most such buyers have had their automotive engineering and design tastes and judgment ruined before they could develop it (remember we're still just adolescents in terms of mass car consumer culture: 15 years at best is our market's age.)

The result is that brands like Fiat, Renault, Ford and VW/Skoda can barely begin to argue their value propositions fully, since hardly anyone gives a damn about ride, handling, build, canons of automotive design, sturdiness, safety or brand history/heritage/identity. Their automotive education was still-born since they were raised on Maruti 800s, WagonRs and Santro-s, if not Bolero-s and Sumo-s.

Especially since almost all of these firms messed up, no doubt out of EuroAmerican arrogance, (but so has Nissan, a recent Japanese entrant) in the distant or recent past with dealers and ASS/spares quality.

Indians live and function in herds: this is true of all indian groups, castes, sects etc, it is true in all spheres of life. In the trivial example of the car market, the result is that those early moving East Asian firms have developed exagerated and exponentially bloated word-of-mouth reputations for...reliability, 'premium-ness', high-status, and of course ASS.

The exceptions (Ecosport, Duster, Mahindra suv-s) only prove the rule, since they are cars with great USPs, since the East Asians have no competitor products, for now. They will within a year, i think we can predict what will happen to their sales!

This is a deeply eccentric, weird market: a puny car maker like Suzuki is a hegemon, a korean-come-lately is a luxury marque, a maker of tacky, mediocre appliances (Honda) is futuristic, premium and sporty apparently, AND two aged, dated, exorbitantly priced pick-up trucks dressed differently (Innova and Fortuner) are regarded as benchmarks.

Fiat then has a VERY tough task, which it is sticking to half-decently so far (new dealers, new Linea, evo, Avventura etc). It will take a few more years of the slow, grinding improvements underway before it sees full redemption (by 2016/17 ?). Meanwhile engine sales, the JV factory profits etc.

Meanwhile, for us Fiat owners and fans: life will remain that much more 'great', 'interesting', 'live-alive'...and talkative ;-) because we own Fiats.

Am fairly optimistic about the Avventura, too! Why the hell not: it is, like the Linea and Punto Evo, class/segment-best at 'most' ;-) things!

Apologies for repeating myself, since I've made similar posts before. It's just that i tend to get 'philosophical' when i see Fiat's monthly sales numbers! ;-)

Linea T-Jet
    One of my friend was interested in purchasing Punto Evo, TD was also arrnged but at last moment he changed his decision as the elders in his family told him horror stories of FASS.
  3. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    I have mentioned this in another post of mine earlier, FIAT products lack USP's. There is not even one (tangible and meaningful) USP for the Indian market scenario.
    Also, its not just FIAT that needs to be blamed but something is also wrong with the mind set of Indian Janta!
    zenwalker, prabhjot and Raj_pol like this.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

5. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Linea 1.3
    If fiat needs to bring its sales back up, then it needs to show a mileage which would be a benchmark that covers all segments...
    Indians Only care for that, think of the Hondas. Their 26 kmpl tag is the only thing that pushes the sales despite the noisy and rattling engines

Then there will be a slow increase in sales and then everything will grow

Besides whenever ask people the USP of maruti, they say Mileage and only secondly - ASS.

Oops....posted in the wrong thread, tot this was the sales thread
    but I think this fits here too for the time being.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  6. pdash

pdash Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    how much these honda's actual FE over the claimed 26??
  7. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Linea T-Jet
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    @pdash You get varying reports. However it does not matter. You need a ARAI certification and if they certify 30 Kmpl then that is it, your cars will sell like hot cakes.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

I can predict the sales for October-2014: Linea 160, Punto 500, Avventura 341 =1001 ! The 341'st car will be gifted to @prabhjot for his unflinching support to the Avventura's cause:wacky:
  10. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    very sad , car like punto deserve to be sell in good number.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.