1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Honestly, this is sad!
    I can't believe a product like Punto Evo can't sell 1200 units a month and with all the brand/dealer network building exercises, if there is still a MoM drop; its a worry.
  2. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    The consequent introduction of vehicles with strong USPs Polo (Segment Performer) & elite i20 (features & looks) have definitely hampered its sales and moreover I feel some of 500 plus sales are reserved for Avventura :D.

I feel this combination along with a meagre count of Linea (thanks to Ciaz & City) should go around 2 to 2.5k at the max in the coming months.It should be a disappointment if it stucks within 1500 count which is pathetic in my view.
    zenwalker and prabhjot like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Thanks by the ton, Ravi!

Well, let's be honest: with the launch of the new Polo, the Tata Zest and esp the i20 elite, not to mention the recently facelifted Nissan Micra, the Punto Evo's performance is not bad at all. The trick for Fiat to figure out is how to keep its sales around 750-800 at least, without much discounting. Given that the Evo's sales nos. are relatively discount free, dealers' and Fiats' revenues are much better than with the Grande Punto which needed big discounts to sell such nos. Hope Fiat spends more on advertising than on discounts.

Bring on the Avventura! Am betting it will add at least 300, net of any cannibalization of Evo sales.

And, as an aside: Fiat has a good share in every tata zest too, even the petrols! ;-)
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    VIJENDRA SINGH, zenwalker and bharath like this.
  4. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    there is hardly any ads in the media from fiat these days,, even many people are not aware about evo launch..
    Either they need to bring something new or very cheap average car to survive in the market.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Guys, do check the blog 'management-punditz' for all the details of sales, model-wise for all manufacturers barring the luxury marques.

btw, the Polo is also down a fair bit since last month: that just shows how little the engine+gearbox matters in this market. All those who think the t-jet in the Punto will make a difference: say what?

The Skoda Rapid and the VW Vento are up smartly from last month, but many/most? of these sales are of heavily discounted and advertised older models, of which a team-bhp inside-khabar post reports, there still are a couple of thousand in inventory and at the plant! The VW vento is still severely down year-on-year though.

The Ecosport is down month-on-month and year-on-year quite a bit: mefeels its first-mover magic is waning fast, which means the Avventura REALLY has great prospects (by Fiat standards).

It's Maruti, Hyundai and Honda all the way: the market is over-concentrated, and that trend is worsening! Competition Commission of India: isn't an investigation in order? ;-)

Tata Zest sales: 3333 or so. If buyers were using their heads they'd be buying twice as many. Anyway: the Ranjangaon JV plant's not doing at all badly! ;-)
  6. coolrider

coolrider Timido

TVM/JORHAT
    I think fiat and its dealers are happy with monthly figure of 1000 no. This might be their PAR score. On this 28 sept, I cancelled evo 90 HP diesel after two months of booking.
    Why i cancelled? .
    mainly due to the laidback and irresponsible attitude of dealer and Fiat. Even after constantly in touch they are not able to procure the car. Sadly I had to let it go.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Brand building and the dealer attitude problems needs to be fixed asap but hey even other car dealers attitude been rude as well which we have seen few reports on tbhp.

The evo ads on TV are on national English channels, what about the regional ones? Its too bad that they don't think in regional ones.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

It almost appears as if Fiat coaxed some of its near and dear ones like staff, dealers etc to order some cars so they just pip past the 1000 mark. But then, are we surprised anymore ? Frankly, I never expected any better. But hats off to those who bought 690 Chevy Sail sedans in Sept. They obviously found that car better than even the Linea Classic/ Base variants of 2014 Linea:meh:. Wah ri duniya!
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip Barking up the wrong tree, you are. There is very little other than a good launch of the Avventura that Fiat can do in this market, not without haemorhaging money.

Nearly All models from nearly All firms other than MS, H and HY are down year-on-year, if not also month-on-month, with the exception of the Scorpio and XUV which face no competition from the japs and the korean (as yet, just wait a year!), and the Duster/Terrano duo (ditto).

If you consider the stats: Fiat's actually doing better than all the other firms in terms of year-to-date total sales growth, everyone else bar the Japs, the Korean and Mahindra are doing worse. Note that Fiat and its dealers have gotten away, on the Evo, without the previous heavy discounts on the GPunto, so their revenues are up far more than the raw sales nos suggest.

Redemption will have to wait till end 2016, but it is coming, slowly. ;-)

Meanwhile: am betting on Avventura (just an Evo in beautifull beefy drag) sales of 400+ a month, sustainably. Any takers? @acechip? ;-)
    cassini likes this.
  10. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Frankly I was not expecting anything magical. I think we do not give due credit where it is due. Maruti, Hyundai and Honda are doing good because they are giving the market what they want. This is business and we have to give what the customer wants. In India two things sale - a)Mileage (Maruti) b) Bling (Hyundai). More than 5 years after the launch of the Punto, Fiat still has not been able to solve the gear box mystery and bring it up to a Swift standard.

The dealers are clueless and I had mentioned my feedback separately. The Europeans simply are not able to understand the market or care enough.

E.g. Hyundai for all the bashing we do listens to it's customers. They listened to customer's and improved their coolers for example. Their diesel engine is one of the best.

If you look at EVO reviews, it was not best in anything. I discount our forum reviews :D. Polo - Best Engine. Hyundai - Best Bling Maruti - Best Mileage. That leaves a Fiat nowhere. See when you are coming from behind a business just like a person has to give a 120%. I love my EVO. But is the EVO 120%. Definitely not - not by a long shot.

I mentioned this before and I am repeating like an old man. You have to ditch the Punto and the Linea brand. They will not sell. Start from scratch and this time sell a product that has all bases covered - marketing, Indian viewer specific ad (uncles, aunties, pesky kids and neighborhood chachas should feature) mileage and bling and then sell.
    kunwar.g and vamshi_g86 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.