1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @jumu, Fiat currently very busy in launching Avventura. Then Abarth and Jeep. I am sure this idea is not their priority list. Ford on other hand is in a good situation in market.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. It does look new to me. :)

Having said that we have more outdated and ugly cars in the market which is not even worth comparing with Linea. Even the new City is not good looking according to me. Earlier generation City was good.

What does this prove? Looks are completely subjective.
    cassini, prabhjot and zenwalker like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Viny. the point is not that the company cannot and should not be doing more, and doing it better, whether product-specifications, marketing, dealers and ASS, spares etc. The 'market' will be the final judge as far as Fiat India is concerned, not immediately but over the next at least 2 full years.

BUT: why should one as a fiat owner/ enthusiast or even just a potential owner/general enthusiast be basing one's opinion and worse, one's (re)purchase decisions SO MUCH on the fact that OTHERS are not considering or buying it in the so-called 'open' car baazar.

And then proceed to attribute this herding-based, strength-of-numbers fact to congenital defects in the products themselves or the company that makes and markets them.

There is TOO much of the latter that happens in India, even among well-informed and well-researched, experienced car consumers: "the cars are great but Fiat is lazy and incompetent" or "the cars are too old" or "Fiat has no commitment" etc.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @prabhjot
    I guess the point "FIAT has no commitment" can be rejected by a big margin now when they fulfilled the No. of FASS and showrooms by year end as they promised (may not be exact numbers but close by reached) and the number of models as well. Yes some decisions where moved/postponed, but it was for their own good than facing a big loss and shutting down the company maybe. After all which company does not shift plans, based on the market needs one has to be agile in this aspect.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

At the end of the day, we the Fiat lover's forum are not an interested group standing up for the rights or justice for an oppressed soul .
    Automobile business in India, more than ever, is a highly competitive business. However much we like Fiat's products, the company itself has to improve its marketability. Everyone has spoken up quite at length on what are the glaring gaps. Others like prabhjot feel that Fiat is taking steps, slowly but surely- thats fine. But Fiat cant take forever and needs to match the pace set by the market. And customers most certainly wont wait, not for Fiat.
    bharath and prabhjot like this.
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    That is about as insensitive a comment as anyone can make. Rituraj made a valid comment because he suffered at the hands of FIAT. After paying more than 6 lakhs on road you are asking someone to grin and bear it. I would not do it for a Rs 2000 toy I buy from Flipkart.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I agree the safety should be given prime importance.
    But then to each the degree of risk taking differs and there security perception differs, people who drive majorly in city and feel that they dont drive over 40-60kmph range, feel that its ok for them if they dont opt for airbags. A lot on this has to go to the sales pitch of salesman, who in last decade made brainwash of buyer for cost saving by not opting for security features making ordinary people belive that this features would never be put to test in there real life. Unfortunately until govt makes its mandatory to have some set of safety features, most of the manufacturers will try to make money out of loopholes.
    Until then sales define the success of car.

Owners on this forum share both happiness and there miseries. And if you feel a lot miseries details are shared, then agree in general people visit various forums to get solution for there miseries and would rarely come up to share happiness. So its slightly skewed, but then its also true that a potential buyer should be more aware of miseries and should be mentally prepared to handle those issues if it arrives.
    This forum as an independent and open channel of communications also serves an indirect channel of feedback to FIAT, to understand the direct consumer response, rather then the sugar coated feedback forms that dealers send them across.

And consumer perceptions dont come out of thin air. Remember this forum is not a paid social campaign, neither by FIAT and nor by its competitors. Its an open channel that too with majority of them being owners, so one can expect more unbiased views on this forum. So if the feelings are "the cars are great but Fiat is lazy and incompetent" or "the cars are too old" or "Fiat has no commitment" then there can be certain degree of truth also into it.

Finally I think that people who bought FIAT cars in last few years are the ones who are more passionate about there cars. So a minor failure that would have not bothered avg Joe much and he would have not made much noise if it was from other leading brands, but when it comes to FIAT owners the issue will be discussed to the length of R&D to get to solution. This make FIAT more susceptible to bashing, hence they would be required not only perform better then competitors but would also be required to make a lot of pampering.
    prabhjot and coolrider like this.
  8. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    I Heard That RDC chennai celebrated another 100 No's delivery, this is second time they are crossing 100 No's and selling Fiat consistantly is a good thing. Hope the numbers at all other dealers also good so that next month we can see 4 digit figure for Evo :):)
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    An important point that people need to be cautioned about. Since the B segment cars are largest selling in number and those lack safety features, we see son many fatal accidents involving these cars. I would say that European car companies must advertise the safety features (not jus air-bags, but strong body) more and there should be awareness campaigns about safety in the vehicles and in driving. These are the strong-points of FIAT.

In past years, I have witnessed smaller vehicles (WagonR, Estilo, Alto, Santro, Swift, even Van) driven very fast (100 kmph) on Mumbai Pune Expressway and overtaking my Indica (which I assume is a quite strong and powerful car with 1400 CC petrol engine). Good roads have led to this changed scenario and all vehicle owners must keep this in mind while making the purchase decisions. "Kitana deti hai?" is not more important than your life.
  10. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    The new Ciaz kerb weight is 1106 Kg. So that they can satisfy kitna deti hai customers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.