1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    I meant increased from 529 to 920 units, it was a monthly sales figure comparison.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

@Ganges, sell your car off if possible. Really, Fiat doesn't deserve our love. Cant believe I am saying this in this forum, but this is too much. We are not talking some remote region in Arunachal or Ladakh here..its Kolkata, home to over 12m people.
    I am somewhat lucky to be in Pune where hopefully, there aren't too many issues with service and particularly spares.
    But if any troubles happen, then I may not overlook the possibility myself.

It makes my blood boil to hear that Maruti Ciaz has garnered 3000 bookings in 3 days, while Fiat has not sold as many Lineas in over the last 1 year almost..

Note: Back to back posts merged.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
    bharath and punto11 like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Easy acechip, easy! ;-)

These are just the frictions of a firm that is striving hard to make a comeback, in a difficult marketplace culture.

The situation in the big cities is/will be NOTHING like the NE. And Kolkata is a miniscule market for Fiat: it is very far from being a 'metro' these days. Would we not rather they fire a bad dealer than to endlessly be bemoaning the quality of the dealer and ASS?

I was worried about the Gurgaon new FASS set-up too: but things have and continue to improve big time, not to mention the options, two right here, another good one in nearby Faridabad, and at least two other good options in Delhi. I see LOTS of Linea-s and Punto-s, even new/new-ish ones around in Delhi NCR. Similar things can be said of Pune, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai et al.

The comeback is well underway: Punto sales have been up quite a bit year-on-year, the new punto evo'll hold on to these growing numbers, and the Avventura'll sell more than any of us think. Fiat India is just getting started after the difficult and dicey dealer roll-out phase! Avventura, Jeep, and the all-new Fiat CUV/SUV in 2016, all-new linea replacement in 2016 too.....

but yes, it is monstrous how people buy cars on blind brand-faith, ignoring the best-in-class ones like the Linea T-jet!
    bharath likes this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Acechip, also:

Fiat has a bit of a share in diesel Ciaz-es, don't they? And a big share in every, even petrol, Zest, possibly in some or all Bolts too. A bit of a share in the ever-increasing sales of AMT-equipped Tata-s and Maruti-s too!

My blood as an owner and user of three Fiats (one of 2010, 2 bought recently enough) in Delhi NCR is far from boiling, is feeling lukewarm now, and hopes to be decidedly cool in a year's time! ;-)
    bharath likes this.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    No doubt they FIAT had great technology mix in there product in 2009 when they came in, but they could not built upon it.
    And the nightmare of services and cost of ownership has made life difficult and the divorce had its on cost of alimony.
    So now with nothing new or exciting to offer the sales will be slugish for Linea the new version still carries the old design with slight facial changes, so its like design of 2006-7 trying to sell in 2014-15 competing with new city, new verna, new fiesta and now new SX4 replacement.

Punto facial changes are more radical giving it a new life and with adventura, the sales of combined my touch around 1000.
    If Diwali discounts are to be factored, then there might be marginal rise in sales in coming months but i see sales graph touching antartica in dec and jan again.

On the positive side, till the time they are selling Linea and Puntos we can be assured of getting parts :)
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

Boss I own both the old and the new Linea (t-jet). The new one has not a minor but a drastic change of look front and rear, and a fabulous new dash and dials/binnacle, and a myriad other improvements.

Now, you may prefer the earlier look, so do I, but I am afraid you are wrong about the 'new' City/Verna/Ciaz: the Linea (the T-jet only more so) remains better and therefore contemporary than them on most parameters, often by a LONG way, including IMO design, esp inside but also out.

I am astonished you, as an owner, find the Linea dated compared to the City etc: maybe you are confusing your personal views with those of the wider, somewhat ignorant car-buying public?

Fiat India's comeback is well underway, though it will be a long incremental process not a big bang. Meanwhile we owners can at least stop the 'the cars are good but why are they not selling big, hai hai!/Fiat the company is hopeless' and such exaggerated pessimism.

Have we bought/will buy the best built, the best looking, the better equipped, the safest, the best driving/riding/handling/steering cars, or merely the brand-herd-backed right to boast of sales figures?! ;-)
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Boys chill. Looks is very subjective topic. An endless debate.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Dear friend, being emotional and attached is good.
    Does New Linea looks like a new car from facial looks?
    Check the advertisement "Admiration Guaranteed" and new Linea Advertisment and figure out which one appeals and gets your eye and heart.
    In current era a company that people majorly buy because its punches in more modern technologies and look, refreshed version required more than just minor facial changes on exterior. Sales figures speak a lot and I dont think anything more defines whats consumer perspective of new model.

Being Fan or lover etc is good but if one loses the practical ground then things go wrong.
    As a 5yrs + owner of Linea FRIE EPK, I know very well what the car is capable of and where it stands vis - a - vis current generation cars. Have seen all the ups and down from the front face.

And if as FIAT owner we think that we are the only martians with special brains and lots of knowledge that we choose fiat cars over others because we knew its best of the best in the given package. Then I think we have started wrong. The judgement of car as good or best differs from person to person so if a large mass of people who like to go from place A to place B and need X things to satisfy them and if certain car gives that with minimal price of noncoformance then for the market thats the best car.

Lets be practical, Fiat cars are good, as every other manufacturers there products also have pros and cons.
    Even after getting a very successful lunch in 2009 it the company at large could not capitalize on it in 5yrs then there is nothing wrong in saying company is not doing well.

Would like to leave you with an India automobile example Bajaj Pulsar and how it has built up.
    A scooter company which has failed terribly in motorcycle business when started and with dying scooters and bad name in Motorcyle business, they came up with Pulsar and how the product developed over the years and became a market leader in its segment. It took less than 5yrs for pulsar to become market leader in its segment and bajaj didnt have technology and experience like FIAT in field of Motorcycle development. A text book lesson that FIAT India need read.
    bharath, Raj_pol, prabhjot and 2 others like this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    But again @Viny the numbers of sales just not ONLY define a car is good. I always put forth one thing to any car buyer. Give safety a high priority if a car gives this factor higher priority then its the good car in that segment.
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I have had this thought brewing inside me for quite a while especially after I read an article that Ford is opening up its spares to over the counter which may also be a compliance being done after the stricture of the Competition commission of India

Fiat should immediately think of doing similar. Spares should be made OTC and also to good dealers.. Dealer objection should be overlooked for a while as this will ensure tremendous goodwill and generate more car sales and then the dealer will be hard pushed to service the numbers and then his skeletons will fall from his cupboard.

As a way to tackle places like Assam and further remote places, Fiat should send the spares to them immediately on payment. If a dealer is there in that area and a customer is approaching Fiat directly, then Fiat should apportion and send a share of the profit to that dealer based on the geographical jurisdiction determined by the delivery address of the spare. Immediate attention should be given to those who have been left in the lurch.

Abdul
    prabhjot, punto11 and zenwalker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.