1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The discounts have just started. So expect this to slowly get better, but nothing in terms of numbers it actually deserves. With Ciaz coming soon, it will face more pressure considering both get the same 1.3 MJD 90 HP version.
  2. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I really doubt whether it will really make any difference for Linea after arrival of Ciaz. So far SX4 was present with same engine, it hardly made any impact on whatever numbers Linea is generating. Rather Linea sells more than SX4 on MoM and YoY, YTD basis. Both SX4 and Linea are 5+ year old products and have received facelifts in due course.

Any Linea aspirant customer will never move from Linea to Ciaz. In case of Petrol, T-Jet engine is anytime better than Maruti K-Series 1.4 engine and for diesel it is same engine.

Those who only consider Maruti brand will never think of Linea hence it is not considered here. :)
  3. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    City has actually stopped production for the month of Aug to make space for the Mobilio. Hence the decrease in sales.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

I guess you mean "....decreased...to 920 units"
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

You see, Fiat is creating holes elsewhere while trying to stitch up things (in terms of brand image that is). I really worry about Linea's market potential -given that I am a stakeholder "as of the current".
    Do we know if anyone from Fiat India even accesses this forum regularly? This should be their main channel for feedback- if they want to do anything with it, of course.
  6. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    fiat needs to establish their brand image first.new launches bigger engines will not help if they run away after selling the car.see what they have done in Assam. They had a tatafiat showroom in oil town of duliajan.people happily bought fiats.sold large no of lineas too.now they ran they have away from the whole state of Assam. Do you think people didnot notice that? They need service centre first then the sales thing comes.according to me only.
    Rituraj likes this.
  7. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
    punto11 likes this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I believe that is because Fiat was very unhappy over the performance of Garodia in terms of ASS. too many complaints etc.

btw, it also suggests why the Assam guys have it wrong, much as they are suffering: Fiat has no choice but to set up a proper dealer-ASS centre(s): that was the whole point of seperating from Tata. They simply cannot just hand their brand to some third-party mechanic workshop for warranties and service. That is tough on the folks in WB and Assam but that is what happens when people all over the country bashed Fiat by association with Tata, often unfairly and in an exaggerated way: like Rituraj et al in Assam I was never really dissatisfied with Tata ASS support for my Palio or the Family's 2010 Linea 1.4 Fire.

We cannot have it both ways guys: we just have to accept incidents like Fiat removing Garodia in Kolkata IF we are interested in a good dealer/ASS set-up that is sustainably and consistently good/adequate in the medium and long run. Fiat owners in Kolkata have to grin and bear it till the new dealer and FASS comes up, which will be soon, apparently. the same for Guwahati/Assam.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

Are you telling us that in the third largest metropolitan area of India, car owners of a particular manufacturer have to go without an Authorized Service setup for whatever period of time? What kind of management is the company running ??
    Does Fiat even realize that not having any back up support is killing any potential market in the future ??
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lolsz, I thought only our region don't have service center, now metropolitan too. :D . We travel 250 kms to get the car serviced.They don't even give discounts on the service bill.With Tata - Fiat JV I had service center just 8 kms away from my home. Now :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.