1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Fiat India now needs a charming brand ambassador like Srk for hyundai when they came to india with santro
    vamshi_g86 and Ichimaru like this.
  2. coolrider

coolrider Timido

TVM/JORHAT
    Even srk will not be able to help Fiat. Recently I am transferred from gujarat to jorhat, Assam. In gujarat I have scarcely seen any fiat vehicles inspite fiat had three showrooms near to my place baroda, anand n ahbedabad. Here at jorhat out of 10 cars I have seen 6 were fiats but the sad part is that now there is no service centre or showroom at assam.I really felt bad when seeing these cars. Think about the situation of the owner. More over fiat is loosing a huge market here by not restarting showroom or service centre. If they would have continued here, there tally would have been more atleast overall monthly sales touching 2000.
    cassini, punto11, shreyasK and 2 others like this.
  3. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I was recently going through the pain of owning a Punto from a member of Assam in another forum. Fiat has messed up big time with after sales service and it will be very tough to get the sales ringing in the North-East now.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    A small analysis.

Punto:

Month on Month comparison
    Punto - MoM.jpg
    Market share comparison for the current month and year to date
    Punto - Market Share MTD.jpg
    Punto - Market Share YTD.jpg

Linea:

Month on Month comparison
    Linea MoM.jpg
    Market share comparison for the current month and year to date

Linea - Market Share MTD.jpg
    Linea - Market Share YTD.jpg
    mchanna, bharath, amogh and 6 others like this.
  5. gkuppuprasath

gkuppuprasath Novizio

coimbatore
    Rightly said...if fiat brings uno(2014) brazil version with right pricing..sure it will bring some numbers in sale..because uno played good in numbers and has good name in customers mind

Fiat+Uno+1.jpg
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Assuming that the figures for August represent shipments from factory to dealers rather than retail sales at the dealers' end: a good start for the Evo. Where it'll settle in 2-3 months time will be vital, especially since both dealers and Fiat will not have to offer discounting on the Punto Evo.

We must not depreciate the Avventura's potential either! I do believe it can sell at least half as many as the Evos, and maybe even as many!

Fiat must keep the ongoing good marketing effort for the Evo going through to the festive (silly superstitious!) season, and do a seriously good job too with the Avventura. A celebrity endoresement-based ad campaign for all three new Fiat cars would not be amiss. Hope they are not too timid and defensive about the Avventura's prospects, which are pretty good i'd say, and in North Indian markets (Punjab, Chandigarh, Gurgaon, Delhi NCR) a good deal better than even the excellent new Punto Evo, imo.
  7. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    What Fiat needs is a game changing car. Different model, different engine with mileage (the multi-air) and unheard of features. It does not make much of a difference whether they are at 700 per month or 900. I mean Maruti is using the 1.3 MJD even on the Ciaz and I know they are going to sell more than the Linea and the Punto combined. Fiat has all the engines in the world and they are not even bothered with India - one of the fastest growing markets in India.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi Raj, welcome man.

There have been many discussions along the lines you are taking here before. Great if you could go through some of the earlier ones so that one can discuss this disillusioned cynical reading of Fiat in India better, by taking the discussion forward.

Thanks, regards
  9. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Man its tough to see Linea's sales figure for AUG-14, from 164 to 139, what on earth is going on. Punto doing good job, 985 units or approx. 78% increased sale. City's sale has decreased by ~90%. Fiesta, Verna & Rapid are more or less steady however Vento sales increased by 73% to a figure of 920 units

Mod Note: Kindly search for existing threads before starting a new one. Thanks
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
  10. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Very sad state of Linea!
    Such a beautiful, VFM car dying :banghead::banghead:

I blame FIAT for this, for not advertising it properly!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.